PDA

View Full Version : I just did it

Billijo49504
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I just called a Therapist to see if she does gender councilling. I'll find out in an hour or 2. To many appointments to watch the phone. This is someone that was recomended by our EAP rerp. So it might be a covered benifit. Maybe I can find out which box I belong in. Right now I'm on the fence. Is it a life as a CD or should I have been on hormones. And that fence is getting wiggly. Maybe if the fence is high enough and I fall, that might solve the problem...:daydreaming:..BJ

Bree-asaurus
03-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Awesome! I hope you find a good gender therapist, it will definitely help. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have someone to talk to about all this.

Jenny Aurora
03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Well done hun! :hugs: After reading posts on here it's something I hope to do sometime, I just need to find the courage like you.
I guess you can't sit on the fence forever, might be a silly question but are you looking forward to it?

StaceyJane
03-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Counseling usually is a covered benefit. Most polices won't cover hormones or SRS but you can talk to a therapist about anything.

I have had a really good experince with therapy and I hope you will too.

Jessica Who
03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Good to hear! Hope your counseling goes well, all the best dear.

sherri52
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Let's hope for the best Billiejo

DiannaRose
03-23-2010, 08:00 PM
BilliJo, the best thing I could have done about my crossdressing/gender id issues is to find my therapist. She was recommended to me by another CDer, and I'm eternally grateful to her (Hi Sally!) :)

My therapist has been working with the LGBT community for the past two decades, and she is wonderful! I wouldn't be in nearly the head space I am now if not for her.

Well done on making the call, and keep us posted!

:)

marcigbg
03-25-2010, 04:24 AM
I had the same issue about wanting to talk to a therapist. I was able to find one through work. I liked her a lot. So I kept it up, and still see her. I haven't gone in dressed as of yet. But she does know of Marci.

Other then a few family members. She's the only female I trust.

Good luck, oh and if your like me use the tissues LOL.

Hugs & Kisses
Marci