PDA

View Full Version : My first makeover!!! :D

wishing2bali
03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
First off, I have never gone out dressed so I think this was quite the big step for me. I had never been so excited for anything in my life. No one knows that I dress, so I made plans with a fellow sister to have a makeshift fashion show at her place. She just happens to live about 150 mi from me. No big deal, no one knows me there, and less stress about going out en femme due to that fact. Upon making said plans I decided that I will go all out for my first time. I found a very nice salon about halfway between our residences. So last saturday I had made an appointment to get my nails done, followed by hair, then finish off with makeup. Wow, what an experience!! Upon looking at the finished product in the mirror, I had never felt so beautiful than at that particular moment in my life. :D Once I was done I was off to finish my drive to play dress up as it were. Once I arrived at her house, I got to go through tons of clothes and pick out and try on anything my little heart desired. I even got to keep some of them and the end of the night too! :) Thanks again Sherri!! Well we ended up taking some pictures of me en femme(a very scary first) in a few different outfits, and even some gowns. :) So without further adieu I reluctantly bring you Rachel. I posted my flickr account in my sig if anyone cares to see how Rachel looks. Please be gentle with the comments girls as I'm not very photogenic, and this being my first time I was still a little shy. :o

Hopefully next time I will get the courage to go out somewhere, instead of just dressing and walking around the house. Baby steps are what it's all about. I feel like I just learned to walk, and can venture anywhere now. :)

StaceyJane
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Wow, you look great!

I did a professional makeover a few months ago and it was so much fun.

Cassandra Lynn
03-23-2010, 07:57 PM
YAY, way to go Rachel. I'm so jealous, as i was supposed to have done the same a few weeks back and it didn't work out. I thought you looked great!!
:daydreaming: mj (Cassie) :battingeyelashes:

Kath
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Great makeup job. That looks like your real hair, lucky gal! Bet you would look a lot cuter if you could smile in pictures.

TxKimberly
03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Ya look great!

sherri52
03-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Rachel: You looked great stepping out of your car. You had all the confidence a girl with years of expierence has. I have already set up a couple of GG's to break you in for your first night out. We will be heading toward Cinncinatti and may end up in Ky as one has told me already. The girls want to show you off. They will also help with makeup if you want. They have already done mine on another occasion. It was great to have you here for that short one day stay. Next time we'll be out later so I'll set you up with a place to stay. I'd hate to have you drive all that way back at the end of the night. I'll keep in touch as it is nice to have a friend that understands expecially in these rural areas like yours and mine. See you soon :hugs: :love:

Jamie48
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
It is amazing what a professional makeover can accomplish. You look stunning.

wishing2bali
03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Great makeup job. That looks like your real hair, lucky gal! Bet you would look a lot cuter if you could smile in pictures.

Yes they did a great job on my makeup. I was very impressed. For anyone who was wondering, they used MAC.
It is my real hair :) I've only been growing it out since last summer, which coincidentally is when I chopped off some to donate it. It's getting longer slowly but surely.
I'm working on the smiling thing, just don't have much self confidence, ergo no smiles for Rachel. I promise I'm working on it though.

Thank you for all the kind words ladies, you guys are too sweet! :o

hot_leah
03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
I looked at your pics, the one in the red bridesmaid dress, I have one just like that but its a shiny brown. You pulled it off...you go girl

Tiffany6791
03-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Wow! If I didn't know better, I would have thought you would be lying if you said you were a man while you were dressed. You look great.

SusanLCD
03-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Wow! Very impressive. As a closeted CDer, I applaud your courage. The results you achieved are outstanding.

Because, I don't have much experience going out, I am curious about the "very nice salon about halfway between." Did the salon do all 3: nails, hair, makeup? Or, did you need to find 3 different establishments? And, how did you select the salon when it was so distant from your home?

Please forgive my nosey questions. But, for those of us who haven't progressed to where you are, your experience may show us some ways of making our own progress.

Mirani
03-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Come in No 5 - that pic i SO natural.

There'll be no stopping you now!

wishing2bali
03-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Thank you so much for all the kind words ladies. They really mean a lot to me. :o

tamarav
03-24-2010, 06:33 AM
What do you mean, not very photogenic? You are a natural. You look great and extremely natural in your photos. A bit more of a smile and you will have them smiling back at you. I am not sure if anyone would have thought anything other than natural woman.

Your own hair looks great, everyone seems to have done an excellent job on you. It does sound like all of you had a great time and it is just the beginning.

femboy_01
03-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Yoy looked fantastic only wish I was in a position to go out.

I agree with the ladies just a little smile and your on you way!!!

KayleeDahl
03-24-2010, 07:44 AM
You look Fantastic!!! I love the red gown, so stunning!

Hugs
-Kaylee

insearchofme
03-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Wow! You look so femme and so pretty!

Paula T
03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
You look really great. I don't know how tall you are but I would look twice at you just because of your attractive look. Very pretty dear.:battingeyelashes:

wishing2bali
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know how tall you are but I would look twice at you just because of your attractive look.

I am around 5'10" bare footed, and I usually don't wear anything more than a 2-3" heel, so I feel like slightly taller than the average woman..

And thank you again for all the compliments, along with the constructive criticism. I am taking it all to heart. :)

msniki48
03-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Rachel,

Your pictures are great, and so is your presentation...just smile! it's what girls do when they are having fun! Guys forgot how to smile....but girls?!?!?!

Smile and enjoy your time.

hugs:battingeyelashes:

t-girlxsophie
03-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Gorgeous pics Rachel hun,Next stop is Stepping out and painting the town Red,or is it Pink:heehee:

Katie1234
03-24-2010, 10:10 PM
wow:)

Billie1
03-25-2010, 04:49 AM
I absolutely adore the red dress. You look great!

Jennifer Marie P.
03-25-2010, 08:13 AM
You look great and with more practice and going out you will be a gem.

wishing2bali
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Thank you for all the compliments ladies. I can't wait to go out now!!! I'm really starting to acquire the confidence after all your lovely responses. :)

2b.Lauren
03-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Great pics. It is nice to have someone to help. I think that would be so much fun!