PDA

View Full Version : My experience

Veronica 1
03-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I may be just weird but this is just my out-take on things TG. It is my opinion only and I am not trying to belittle or convince anybody of anything.
I started crossdressing late in life, like 3 years ago when I was 51 and it washed over me like a wave. After years of wearing panties as a fetish and denying my femininity I tried on a slip that I had bought to cut up and use the material for a photographic purpose and everything just seemed to come pouring out. I was totally lost in the pink fog for the first year and totally in the closet.
I was at the same time totally hooked on my newfound femininity but ashamed of what I was doing. This feeling lasted until I got busted for the first time. This was by my daughter-in-law and the acceptance that she showed me was a major turning point.
I got braver with my dressing and got caught more often. Every time I got caught I realized that the reaction was, “Yeah, so what?” Nobody seemed to care much. One buddy told me that it creeped him out but that I was still the same person. He just could not get used to me in a skirt.
Since then I have decided to just be the me that I feel and I have never had a derogetory comment but a lot of questions, which I answered honestly.
I have not outed myself to my whole workplace but most people know due to the loose lips of a relative that I got a job for. I have taught the girls at work a few things on shaving and make up that they have found helpful as well as other tips. I wear fem clothing from boots to hat with the only exception being my uniform work shirt and my nails are polished every day with a bronze/gold shade that is shiny but subtle. No one has ever commented on them in the year plus that I have worn them to work this way.
From my experience, it is better to be who you are and let people learn to accept you in that way. Just bring the changes on slowly and give them time to adjust to each subtle change and you can find acceptance.

Or maybe they just think that I am gay?

Jessy
03-24-2010, 10:04 PM
People are all different. So there's no telling what the outcome might be. It's really good to hear your experiences were good, and people accepted it. Still, I've read different stories here as well...

As for homosexuality, I see no relation with being TG or CD at all. But it is a common misunderstanding.

Lynn Marie
03-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Good post Veronica. Your last sentence was the kicker. All hetero guys seem to have this dread of being gay. I had it in spades. So we all over-compensated for most of our lives. Now that we're dressing, being gay or not really doesn't matter all that much and there's just nothing we can do to convince people one way or the other. The worst thing they can think of is that we're gay. Fine. Now doesn't that feel better?

t-girlxsophie
03-25-2010, 12:38 AM
My workmates too know about me dressing,some by accident,some by design and I think because they know what im like as a person,they were more inclined to be fine with this revelation,of course whats been said behind my back may be somewat different.

When im working with Female staff I always get into talking girly stuff,even helped advise them on things.I think in most,but not all cases ppl who are not as close as family can be ok with you.

Mind you maybe they just glad am not Gay,the guys anyway:D