PDA

View Full Version : Not an everyday type of chick/ The Blind Side

jenniferj
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
The other day DearSweetWife and I were chatting while I was doing my nails. I was trying a new color (Orly's "Catch the Bouquet") and - although it took several coats - it developed into a very pretty opalescant soft pink,

"What do you think?" said I waving my pretty new fingertips for her approval. "I think that this may be my new everyday color."

"Very nice" she said, "but you're definitely not an everyday type of chick. Can I try it?"

I couldn't stop smiling!:daydreaming:

Tonight we lit some candles, opened some wine, filled a dish with M&Ms, and snuggled down in our nighties under blankets in the family room (It still gets pretty cold here in New England) to watch a chick flick. Amazon had just shipped "the Blind Side" and it was perfect. About halfway through the movie, DSW asked "Did Sandra Bullock borrow your wardrobe for this part?" I said "I guess LeighAnn's not an everyday type of chick?"

:battingeyelashes:

Life can be so good!

-jj

SusanLCD
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
This is a wonderful story. You two are very lucky to be able to enjoy each other in this way. Thank you for sharing it.

BTW: I saw Blind Side in the theater and found myself constantly enjoying Sandra Bullock's wardrobe. Because of that, I understand your last comment and agree....Life can be so good.

t-girlxsophie
03-25-2010, 12:13 AM
What a delightful way to spend loving,feminine time with your supportive wife
I just adore those kind of nights when you can just enjoy an evening together,pamper each other and share Special time together.Good on you Girls:hugs:

kimdl93
03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
very cool. My wife and I just watched the Blind Side on demand. Like you, we were both in our nighties. Its so much fun to be able to share those quiet moments together!

sherri52
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Even if it's not cold it's good to cuddle with the dsw's. Especially when your both wearing nighties. Former Bostonian

Miranda09
03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Sounds like a perfect night to me!!!! :)

krissy
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
you are soooo lucky enjoy it

ReineD
03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Sounds dreamy! :daydreaming: I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing who you are with your wife like this. :)

docrobbysherry
03-25-2010, 08:59 PM
You r LUCKY girls!:)

But, ah, is "Blind Side" really a chick flick?:eek:
I considered it a kid's movie! Even my teen daughter only gave it a 2 or 3 out of 10!:brolleyes: