PDA

View Full Version : Lots of progress, feeling fine.

Alexei
03-26-2010, 12:06 AM
So I've made quite a few firsts recently, and I felt it was time to share here.

First I went to the supermarket dressed, and had minimal reactions.

Next, later that day I told two of my closest friends, and they were completely cool with it; I even dressed in front of them and they had no problem.

Those were at home, and now I'm back at school. My milestones here began with going to the Goodwill store and buying myself a cute outfit. I was dressed in drab at the time, but only out of circumstance. My roommate asked me to drive him to a concert, I agreed because I knew it meant I got to use his car unsupervised for a few hours. Helpful because I don't have a car of my own.

Last night I went to my first meeting of my school's Gay Alliance. Everyone there was gay, i.e. all GLB and no T. I did approach the leader after the meeting ended and was given the email of a few people on campus that transititioned. Not quite the same situation as me, but related and I've been communicating with them. The GA is also putting on a drag show benefit tomorrow night and I got a ticket to watch.

Lastly, today I finally shaved my arms and legs. I must say, it feels great.

eluuzion
03-26-2010, 04:34 AM
It certainly sounds like this school year will be added to the top of your lifetime memories book!

Hopefully you have personal safety plans already filed in your head. School can be fun, but it is one of the places with the most potential for being the target of the half-baked pranks and harrassment activities that seem like such fun to those of questionable character...until after the chaos is over and the damage done, where regret is not an option to undo the damage they caused.

Have fun!

Staci G
03-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Eluuzion hit the nail on the cuticle, Safety is a must. That is great you have done all these first I am truly happy for you and I just wish i had your youth, That being said remember to watch your surroundings I have learned that some of the young people at college have not matured to your level and are more like cruel teenagers. But be sure to have fun and enjoy Alexei to her fullest. Just remember to post pics please :gh:

Freddy12
05-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Alexei,

How are things going? Has school continued to be a good place for you to dress? Have you met other girls? It's always helpful to have a mentor! Let us all know how things are going so we can be supportive!