PDA

View Full Version : Just bought some roll-on wax... and it DIDN'T WORK.

Daniel
08-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Not AT ALL. NOT ONE HAIR CAME OFF. I tried everything.

The instructions said that my hair had to be at least 1/4 inch to stick to the gel. And mine is only about 1/8 inch. I haven't got time to wait for it to grow another quarter-inch - I think I naurally have only about half an inch!

Plus, men's hair grows in all different directions. This makes it very difficult for wax to do anything.

Well, nine dollars down the drain. Professional treatment is too expensive. And I'm not even sure I would want my hair gone for good right now. So it's back to shaving... time to be more patient and more careful than ever to try to minimize stubble and irritation...

Once again, I believe this failed because I HAVE TOO LITTLE HAIR. And I find it hard to believe that any woman would be willing to wait a month for her hair to grow to a quarter of an inch. Even one millimeter can be enough to send any man packing.

So I say either KEEP SHAVING, or go for PERMANENT LASER REMOVAL. Don't mess with those messy wax kits that require you to have a month worth of hair growth. I learned that the hard way, it cost me $9.00, which is as much to me as $900.00 is to most of you.

Rachel Morley
08-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi Daniel,

I'm surprised this happened to you because I used to wax my legs and the hair used to be approximately 1/8th inch when I did it. My legs were always very smooth afterwards.

The only thing is, that with me, my leg hair was very weak. Before I waxed at home I used to have professional salon leg waxes every month and (over time) this makes the hairs grow back thiner and weaker and so they come out easier. Do you think that perhaps the roots of your hair are still too strong?

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Yep I know how it feels, you do have to have 4mm or more hair and it takes me multiple applications just to clear a small area and then my arm or whatever is so red it takes two days for the swelling to go down. So much for a few weeks just to have it back again. Women generally have light colored hairs so letting it grow a bit isn't like seeing a pack of sand paper hairs on your body. I just shave or use hair removal creme. Waxing sux.

Daniel
08-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Daniel,

I'm surprised this happened to you because I used to wax my legs and the hair used to be approximately 1/8th inch when I did it. My legs were always very smooth afterwards.

The only thing is, that with me, my leg hair was very weak. Before I waxed at home I used to have professional salon leg waxes every month and (over time) this makes the hairs grow back thiner and weaker and so they come out easier. Do you think that perhaps the roots of your hair are still too strong?

I think that's it. I think my hair roots are VERY strong. Some of my harder pulls hurt, so it obviously tried. In fact, I wonder if shaving actually made the roots STRONGER.

Probably a better idea to just shave right now. That way, if I let it grow back, it can grow to exactly what it was before I ever shaved. More expensive, but more flexible and more reliable. Now for a man, I do not naturally have much leg hair, but I like it that way. If I did not crossdress, I would want some leg hair but not the amounts many guys my age(20) or a bit younger have.