PDA

View Full Version : I have an obsession with..........

Samantha Jane
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Panties, no. Well YES I do actually, but this thread is about being obessed of late with taking photo's dressed 'em femme'.

At one time I'd occasionally take photo's of me dressed. Now though, I cannot get dressed 'en femme' without getting the bl..dy camera out. Yes it's nice to have a pictorial record as clothes and fashions that come and go, but not to the extent of some 200 photo's in the last couple of weeks.

The other day I managed nearly 5 hours dressed before I found the camera in my hand. :( Then I'm constantly changing clothes for different looks, which makes me fed up, because I cannot relax.
Most of the pictures I take are crap, but that doesn't stop me me clicking away.

My question is does anybody else have an obsession or a love affair with the camera or do I need to seek professional help. :D :D

Samantha xx

Jamie M
08-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Well if you do then so do I :duh:

seriously though i wouldn't worry I don't think you're alone by any standards of imagination . Particulary now with the domination of the digital camera people can just click away to their hearts content knowing that they can do away with those not so good ones and keep the better one's

FionaAlexis
08-13-2005, 07:49 PM
It kind of goes with the territory....though 5 hours does seem a bit on the high side.

Yes, digital cameras seem to have made a difference. Back in the polaroid days you had to be happy with 20.

Do you think you are searching for the perfect image?

Fiona xx

Sweet Jeanette
08-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Panties, no. Well YES I do actually, but this thread is about being obessed of late with taking photo's dressed 'em femme'.

At one time I'd occasionally take photo's of me dressed. Now though, I cannot get dressed 'en femme' without getting the bl..dy camera out. Yes it's nice to have a pictorial record as clothes and fashions that come and go, but not to the extent of some 200 photo's in the last couple of weeks.

The other day I managed nearly 5 hours dressed before I found the camera in my hand. :( Then I'm constantly changing clothes for different looks, which makes me fed up, because I cannot relax.
Most of the pictures I take are crap, but that doesn't stop me me clicking away.

My question is does anybody else have an obsession or a love affair with the camera or do I need to seek professional help. :D :D

Samantha xx

Don't feel alone!---I too, love to use my camera!!! :D

Debbie Kong
08-14-2005, 12:57 AM
No need to seek "help". The camera can be a good friend. It's a temporary admirer. "Someone" to dress for. It will help you perfect your look as you critique each image. I do it regularly.

Digital Photography can be a TGurls best friend.

Debbie

Tristen Cox
08-14-2005, 01:00 AM
Seek help:D to go shopping for more batteries!!!! :)

Fallen Angel
08-14-2005, 01:07 AM
enjoy it. your having fun finding your self as you want to be percieved by others click away!! it shows your not afriad to show your self. and if its your first dig camera you have to take pics till the batteries run out its rule(well sort of a guide line)and dont forget to post them here we wanna see to xxx

Rachael Warren
08-14-2005, 02:50 AM
Until I came accross this site I had never taken a picture of myself "dressed", the thought had never crossed my mind.

Since arriving here my old camara has been working overtime though!

I'd never actually considered how I looked, for me it was about how I feel, it's a real eye opener to see yourself how your SO or the world would see you.

I am a bit nervous about showing my face here, but you have to take some chances in life, isn't that part of the ehem "hobby", for some of us?

Lovin it, Rachael. :)

Angela Burke
08-14-2005, 06:42 AM
If and when I ever figure out how to work this digi-cam you lot are in for it!

Love Angela XX

Lois82
08-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Seek help:D to go shopping for more batteries!!!! :)
Yes I have to agree with Tristen and Debbie. It is so nice to see how we lQQk :flirt: . Enjoy and have fun.

Hugs :hugs:

Lois

Melissa Ryan
08-14-2005, 07:38 AM
If and when I ever figure out how to work this digi-cam you lot are in for it!

Love Angela XX
Tell us the make and model, so that we can get you through it and then we can see too!!!
Best to ask someone smarter than me though, look at my avatar! I even have to use my hands to hold my head up :eek:

.......Melissa.........

MarinaTwelve200
08-14-2005, 09:04 AM
And dont forget VIDEO. I got fed up with all the still posing, not knowing what I would get, and having 9 out of 10 pics a "flop"---So I went to using a video camera for my photos---I set up a 13 inch monitor, near the tripod so I could see what I looked like and better compose the image(s)---I turn on the camera, and do my poses, and a few imptomptu moves too.---Later i will DL the video into the computer and Capture the best frames to make my stills. The resolution is quite decent for most pics.

I find that with 30 frames per sec of video, there are lots of images to select from--Often I will see myself move into just the PERFECT pose and subtile facial expresion--and I'll capture that. I also find a lot of good "keeper" frames in TRANSITION from one pose to another.

After I capture my image I'll often crop it to better proportions, adjust the contrast and brightness, and touch up the stray mole or zit that may adversley affect my appearence.----AND MOST IMPORTANT change the image from Bitmap (bmp) to Jpeg (jpg) before saving it.

If you got it VIDEO , rather than still, is the way to go.

DanaJ
08-14-2005, 09:24 AM
I've always said that the camera is one of the most important tools a CDer can use to help improve their image. I never dress without taking pix, they help me to see what I am doing right, what I am doing wrong, and also helps preserve memories of that time.

Marina, whatever works for you, but it just seems to me that would be a LOT more work. Instead of looking through just 25 or 40 pix, you now have to look through literally tens of thousands of individual video frames (if you do, say 6 minutes of video), to find the ones you want. I have shot a lot of digital video and transfered them to my computer (making DVDs and VCDs), so I know what you are doing, but in my opinion that is just a great deal of work to do....

DanaJ

Samantha Jane
08-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi girls,

Thanks for your replies, I'm glad that I'm in such good company.

Do you think you are searching for the perfect image?

Fiona xx
Fiona. I think you are not to far from the truth there and although I will never achevie it, but I will have a lot of fun trying.

DanJ & Debbie. Your so right when you say it's a useful tool, when it comes to help improving your image. As before now I have bought skirts and tops, which look great in the shop. Then having seen myself wearing them in a photo, I deny all knowledge of how they came to be in my wardrobe and toss them out. :D

Fallen Angle. I have posted a few photos, but if I posted many of the photo's I'd taken, then it's quite possible I would be arrested by the fashion Police. :)

Tristen. No need for normal batteries, as I invested in rechargeables some years ago, otherwise with the amount I use the camera, I would have been broke by now. :D

Hot Lust walking and JuliaSmith. Thanks, it's great to know I'm normal (yeah right), mind you define 'normal' :D

Samantha xx

Heather_cd
08-14-2005, 04:52 PM
I must say you look very nice ...I can see why you like taking snap shots ...you look great in your apparel...

Samantha Jane
08-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Hi Heather,

Thanks. Your avatar looks great and it appears that our choice of clothes are similar.

MarinaTwelve200
08-14-2005, 09:59 PM
I have found that a lot of times, just looking at my photos keeps me from HAVING to dress up. If I cant dress, or dont want to go through the trouble, just looking at my photos, or working on them is almost just as good. So the photos are more than just a record, or a way to look better, they can be a substitute for dressing at times too.---At least 4 me