PDA

View Full Version : Long time, no dress. :(

Fohaley
03-29-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm still new to the forums but it's been a long time since I've gone out and dressed up. It makes me sad. I gained a ton of weight over the past two years and haven't been able to fit into my clothes any more. :( So once again I've started dieting to get my dimensions back down. It's just so hard since I LOVE FOOD. Right now I'm sitting at 207 from a 215 about 3 weeks ago. Looking to get down to a nice 170 or so by July. I'm 5'11" with a somewhat bigger upper build from my high school days rowing for the crew team.

I've been contemplating trying out corseting to bring my lower rib cage in a little bit. I found a really nice seller on ebay that sells custom made corsets for 130 bucks to your dimensions and it's front lacing so it's easy to put on. It's made for the every day wearer. I wouldn't be buying it until I lost my weight though.

Any ways. The thought of getting rid of my tummy and going out in the public again has been a great motivation as of late. :)

jenna_woods
03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I also have same problem, I gained to much weight, all I did was go buy bigger dressed and skirts, I could not give up dresses and going out

Fohaley
03-29-2010, 09:37 AM
My problem is that I can't afford much at all. I spend all my money on my car, my other loved pass time. I just got a job again so hopefully thing will start to pick up. Between the weight going down slowly and the job I should get down to my goal by July and be out on the town having a ball. :)

Paula W
03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
I am kind of in the same boat as you about wanting to drop down to what I was before I packed on some weight in college. I used to be about 150-160 lbs but by the time I got out of school and about a year afterwards I was at my heaviest at about 210. Been getting the weight to come down pretty slowly but surely by cutting back on other things (I too love the food I eat too much to trade it in for something healthier).

I drink a lot less pop, usually when I go out to eat I get something else like fruit punch or tea rather than a pepsi. I cut back on helping myself to seconds or just eating a little bit smaller portions to the point where I am not all full and bloated but know that I will not be hungry again in a few hours.

I really should exercise more but between work and my other activities I am just usually too exhausted to get into a routine. All that being said, I am now down to about 188 without any real changes to my lifestyle other than what I mentioned.

suzy1
03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
There’s no easy or fast way to loose weight and keep it off for good. I have been slim and very fit for the last 10 years. However I won’t bore you with the way to do it unless you ask. And you really have to wont it as it is a lifestyle change.

SUZY

Fohaley
03-29-2010, 12:38 PM
I've cut off pounds before. All I do is count my calories and try and stay below 1800 per day. Staying under 1500 forces me to cut back in portion size and be more picky with what I eat instead of wolfing down some easy microwave crap I make a low cal sandwich. :( Not nearly as good but once I drop the pounds I can up my calorie intake to 2000 or so and I'll be able to eat some more food. I just used to eat anything any time I could. Like delicious cheese cake. :)

I also exercise but nearly as much as I want to. I'm trying to pick up the exercise routines I did back in high school except not as much upper body. I'm hoping by Halloween I'll be super awesome looking. :p Halloween is always that awesome time but I've got a few girl friends that want to go out with me sooner so June/July is also going to be nice.

Jessy
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
You could trade in the car for a bicycle, then you'll deal with the weight and the money problems in 1 stroke :heehee:

Yeah I know, it's easy to joke around it. But I recognize your problems. I love food too. I guess what it takes is a good motivation (and you seem to have that), and enough self control to keep yourself on the track. Wish you best of luck in reaching your goals!

t-girlxsophie
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
I really should go on a Diet but I have so many nice outfits,in larger sizes I dont know If I want to cut them loose,my health I suppose should be more of a worry than clothes,maybe :heehee:

Like you say You dont have to go on a Crash Diet,just cut down on what you eat and cut out sweet things and with your Willpower and the thought of getting back out Dressed and having fun,there should be no stopping you