PDA

View Full Version : I have a compulsive disorder, please help.

suzy1
03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I am a compulsive ebay shopper. I type in “dress 14” or “heels 9” and start looking for a bargain. After what seems like 5 mins. I look at the clock and 2 hours have gone.
Please tell me I’m not alone with this affliction. The only positive thing about it is the lovely dresses and shoes I have. I will overcome this thing, but not just yet.

SUZY

StaceyJane
03-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm right there with you. Although size 14 dress and size 9 heels just won't work for me. I need a little more space.

Nicole_LovesRay-Ray
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi
I totally get where you're coming from. I love shopping too, for about almost everything, make-up, purses and clothes. It can be a problem when I'm really broke because I couldn't say "no" to a new accessory.

Leelou
03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Yep, me too. I start my search with Plaid Skirt, then narrow down by size. Obviously, I love plaid skirts :love:

Got a VERY cute little pinkish plaid lined mini last week.

Phyliss
03-29-2010, 06:15 PM
suzy1, lets see, ... 5 min = 2 hours on EBAY, sounds like my $128.95 tube of lippy I picked up at Clinique the other day. Only wanted a new tube of "After Party" ... but then there was some new moisturizer, and some foundation, of course the mascara, and some cream remover, plus some eye firmer, and , ... then there was, ...
You understand, ...

Karen564
03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I've put myself into self imposed exile in order to stay away from E Bay while attending college, otherwise I'd spend all my living expenses & textbook money...!!!

So I do understand the addiction completely...and know that your far from alone...

I can only imagine how many great deals I've missed out on by now...:sad:

:hugs:

sherri52
03-29-2010, 07:15 PM
You are alone, don't let anyone fool you. The rest of us are there for 4 hrs.

Terri D
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Ebay is the best. And yes it is highly addictive. The ebay addiction has helped me not having to bother working out a diet plan. By the time I'm done shopping on ebay I have very little cash left for food. But do I have some awesome skirts and dresses and accessories.
Plus I'm undewhelmed by alot of what I see in malls and independently owned shops. But there are so many great styles available on ebay.And don't forget vintage clothing. I guess moderation would be a good thing. I just never practiced moderation. :devil:

tamarav
03-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't know, that sounds about right. This site, eBay, and a couple of other sites and the whole day or night is gone. My Visa card is bent, wallet empty, and the UPS guy is on a first name basis...

Diane Smith
03-30-2010, 12:39 AM
And so what is the problem, exactly?

- Diane

Danielle76
03-30-2010, 01:47 AM
I am a compulsive ebay shopper. I type in “dress 14” or “heels 9” and start looking for a bargain. After what seems like 5 mins. I look at the clock and 2 hours have gone.
Please tell me I’m not alone with this affliction. The only positive thing about it is the lovely dresses and shoes I have. I will overcome this thing, but not just yet.

SUZY

14 and 9, those are my sizes! PM me if you like, and I'll send you a link to some stuff I'm selling online.

And, yeah...I do the same damn thing. For a while, I had a thing for retro and rockabilly type dresses, so I would always search "retro dress L" or "rockabilly dress 14"....I found some nice stuff that way. Always a good time getting some new dresses in the mail and trying them on right away...

ReineD
03-30-2010, 02:18 AM
If you're serious about seeking help, here's some information:

http://www.recoveryconnection.org/addiction/compulsive_shopping.php

suzy1
03-30-2010, 02:34 AM
If you're serious about seeking help, here's some information:

http://www.recoveryconnection.org/addiction/compulsive_shopping.php

Thanks but I’m not seeking help, I’m seeking encouragement!!!!

ReineD
03-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Ooops, sorry. I guess I take things too literally. :p

Joanne f
03-30-2010, 06:12 AM
I can now see that you are joking about it but in all reality it can become an addictive problem if you are not careful so i am not sure that encouragement is the right thing .

Tina L.
03-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm a seven day a week ebayer, currently watching 70 items ranging from panties to party dresses and everything in between.

Tina L.

suzy1
03-30-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm a seven day a week ebayer, currently watching 70 items ranging from panties to party dresses and everything in between.

Tina L.

That’s good to know, there is someone worse than me. Makes me feel so much better. But if I try really hard I will catch you up, so I am going to try real hard. Ya!

sonja
03-30-2010, 10:31 AM
i have it bad in my house me an my wife both love to shop for shoes we have over 200 pair of shoes an so my dresses its not funny
so yea am in the same boat lol

Kierci
03-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Craigs List!!!!!!

Stacy L
03-30-2010, 12:15 PM

OK, who's bidding against me on the vintage slips? :Angry3:
Just kidding! :)

I got about 30 nice ones, waiting for the last 6 to be delivered now.:daydreaming:

Does anyone else feel like a little kid at Christmas waiting for the mailman or UPS?

Sarah_GG
03-30-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know, that sounds about right. This site, eBay, and a couple of other sites and the whole day or night is gone. My Visa card is bent, wallet empty, and the UPS guy is on a first name basis...

:lol2: I can relate to that! Now, if i'm out walking the dog the delivery guy will stop me in the street to deliver the package for my SO!

What's the appeal with ebay particularly? Is it that you can buy twenty slightly dodgy things for the price of one good one? :doh:

Cheryl T
03-30-2010, 02:21 PM
You think you're alone?????

I think you are the one who outbid me on that dress...LOL.

Mandy
03-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Suzy,

To make sure you dont bid on the Item your looking at, when the clock is at 20 seconds, hold down the CTRL key & press F4 :D :rofl:

dorylinn
03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
I've put myself into self imposed exile in order to stay away from E Bay while attending college,

So that's why the E-BAY prices have gone down lately

Please warn us when You graduate and we will let You win some items:roflmao:

Rita B
03-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I think that it is a phase that we can go through. I found that the cure was getting back a lot of stuff that was not anywhere like it was advertised and the cost of shipping it back etc. Did get some nice items though but it can become very expensive. The whole home shopping experience can be a sickness.

Annemarie
03-31-2010, 05:23 AM
Ebay, a good site to buy crap, and a good site to sell crap...

Raychel
03-31-2010, 05:28 AM
I am right there with you, I think I will have to take some time off, My closet is almost full. :heehee:

suzy1
03-31-2010, 07:21 AM
Ebay, a good site to buy crap, and a good site to sell crap...

Ouch! Does that mean all my clothes are crap.

Amanda Stubbs
04-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks but I’m not seeking help, I’m seeking encouragement!!!!

Your incorrigible Suzy!
Prefer shops myself.

Annaliese2010
04-01-2010, 07:20 PM

SUZY
As long as you can afford it, don't worry. I used to get up in the middle of the night and turn on the TV to something boring so I could fall back to sleep. The Home Shopping Network was sufficiently quiet (no music or strobe-like commercials) and uninteresting and usually did the trick... unless they were selling electronics which, without much forethought I got carried away and before I knew it my common sense would get swept away and I'd be dialing the 800 # placing an order for a TV or computer or whatever... which, after the stuff arrived I'd finally realize I either didn't need it, want it, or was disinterested in whatever it was about it that must've appealed to me alone, half-awake in the wee hours of the morning. I never took the time nor wanted to go thru the pains of returning it so most of it got placed on storage shelves in the basement, boxes and boxes of stuff, brand new & unopened. I finally stopped doing that and gave a lot of that sh#t away...but a lot of it still remains... sitting there year after year, collecting dust. LOL... At least you're using the things you're buying. From what I understand it's only a compulsion if it's an activity that affects normal necessary living. In my case it didn't, and was only the lack of good judgment in a half awake state - I guess...

docrobbysherry
04-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I found a cool seller last nite! Shoes, costumes, lingerie, hose, etc. LOTS of close outs and SPECIALS! ( BOTH, r my middle name!):heehee:

Spent nearly 2 hours picking out what I wanted. Needed to buy enuff to get FREE shipping!:D

Then, when I entered my credit card to "BUY", my computer locked!:doh: It was already LATE, and I had to get up early! I went to bed.:sad:

So, AFTER my early appointment, I went back on that site and re-ordered everything again, ( more or less).:brolleyes:

ANOTHER hour later, and the girlie gear is headed my way!:thumbsup:

U R NOT ALONE, Suzy!

Loni
04-01-2010, 09:31 PM
i do not have a shopping problem...i have a cash influx problem.

Loni