PDA

View Full Version : Had a intersting day

tiffiany
03-29-2010, 07:06 PM
So my day started off by returning some shoes I bought at payless cause they were too small and when I got there, there was a different person than the lady I had originally bought them from and was hesitant to return them since there was a guy at the counter. I got all nervous about it but instead of going home empty handed, I sumed up the courage to go in and he was happy to assist me, didnt have the kind I wanted in my size so they had to order it. I hate how I feel all nervous when I go shopping in male mode but feel much better after everything is all said and done.

Since I need a new wig, I decided to visit one of the local wig stores and the lady was real helpful. She sat down with me and asked what I was looking for and price range and just so happend she had some wigs on clearance that she was trying to get rid. So as she was talking to me an older lady came in looking for a wig for herself and I kinda felt nervous since she was there but didnt let it bother me and she didnt say anything to me, she was more concered with buying a wig than me being there. I tried on a few wigs and found one I liked and bought it. I walked out of there happy and having a much better attitude towards not caring about what other people thought. I figured if I could sum up enough courage to buy a wig, then clothes shopping shouldnt bother me. So Im now at home wearing my wig that I bought and I feel happy, next step is to buy some makeup to complete the look.

thanks for listening.

tamarav
03-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Good for you!

Whenever that fear starts to creep in, just remember that you are the star and the rest of the people around you are just the audience. So take advantage of your point of view and do what you want. They won't care.

Glad to hear that you found a wig you liked.

sherri52
03-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Tiffany your on your to becoming a shopper. I believe buying a wig should be in person. They come in so many different sizes, the likelyhood of ordering one and not having it fit is much higher than getting one that does. At the wig shop, You'll get a good fit and the right color for you and an SA that is sure to be helpfull.