PDA

View Full Version : SO Support Group?

AnnaBMarie
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Dear Sisters,
Yesterday I broached the subject of dressing again (after several years in the closet) to my SO. As expected it did not go well. After listening to all the negative impacts it had on her previously, she mentioned that there are no support groups for the wives and SO's of crossdressers.

I certainly don't agree with some of the comments, but there does not seem to be an overwhelming support system for SO's. A web search did produce some results but they seem to be mixed in with our own support systems. This suggests they are not exactly unbiased.

Does anyone know of a website or support group that could give her some clarity without adding to the emotional chaos?

AnnaB

Presh GG
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi AnnaBMarie,

I am the SO [ wife of 35 years ] of a lifelong crossdresser. I attend her tg club meetings with her and enjoy the company as much as she does. There are other SOs there and it's not at all uncomfortable or biased.

Not all clubs are the same but I think she would find friends there, who better to support her than others in the same lifestyle? The best part is she can't help but notice everyone is just normal everyday folks.

I wish you both the best,
Presh GG

sterling12
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
You have never heard of Tri-Ess? One of The main "Focuses" of their Groups is to support CD's AND their Wives. Many Chapters even have The S.O.'s meeting in a separate area, so that they can discuss their feelings without feeling encumbered by the presence of their Hubby's.

You and your Lady might want to find out if there is a Chapter near you.

peace and Love, Joanie

Daintre
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
What about her coming to this site? We have a FAB section (Female at Birth) which has been set up for the SO,s. I have been told that the support there is excellent, it could be a good first step.

ReineD
03-29-2010, 09:55 PM
You could ask your wife to join the FAB forum here. :)

A word of caution: I've run across some strictly SO support groups online that are staunchly against the CDing. They seem to attract women who are determined to not accept the CDing and their views are entirely skewed the other way.

As to Tri-Ess, investigate carefully and try different groups. There are some great groups, but the quality and objectivity of the group is hit or miss, depending on the mindset of the various chapter members. I have a friend who belonged to a chapter many years ago. Members of the group spent much of its time going out together and getting drunk, which is a way to not deal with issues I guess. My friend told me many of the wives were there reluctantly and there was a lot of bickering and fighting. I don't know if this particular group is still like this.

Ooops, Jenni you beat me to it! :)

AnnaBMarie
03-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks to all of you that have suggested possible help. I went to a Tri-Ess meeting years ago and there were no SO's present, but that was a long time ago so perhaps that is a resource.

Some of my initial research did show up some anti-CD web sites as well as our own support groups, but I guess it's really hard to be neutral about the subject.

I want her to feel respected and cared for, just like we want to be treated. I just hope there are some calm and rational voices out there that can help bridge this gap.

Hugs,

AnnaB