PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Ideas?

DianeDeBris
03-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi all -- Diane gets to go to Las Vegas the first weekend in April!! I haven't been there since HEF several years ago -- could someone suggest some venues, stores, and the like that are known to be CD-friendly? TIA!

Andy66
03-29-2010, 11:27 PM
I often see LGBT type people on Fremont Street, which (for those who haven't been there) is sort of like an outdoor mall, with bartenders and live bands on the weekends.

Kathi Lake
03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
It's Vegas - the whole city is TG-friendly!

It's all about the attitude. If you act like you belong there (and you do), people fall in line. That's is my experience, anyway.

I love the shops at the Miracle Mile - bebe, White House/Black Market and more. Yummy!

:)

Kathi

Holly
03-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Here's a link (http://geekbabe.com/dlv/vendors/) to a number of venues you may find of interest in Las Vegas.

Andy66
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
It's true, I see CDs on the bus fairly often, and nobody ever bothers them. If you look friendly and approachable, they'll treat you even better. Don't be surprised if Asian tourists want to have their picture taken with you. :heehee:

kellycan27
03-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Las Vegas loves us! You can go just about anything in the mainstream.

PetiteTonya
03-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Gipsy is a lot of fun as is the club directly across the street, the name of which escapes me.

The actual strip itself is not the easiest to walk on a Friday or Saturday night. The sidewalks are crowded, and yes while some of the people take no notice, there are others,(usually drunk frat types) ambling around with beer in their hands who can be bothersome.

I would suggest cabs to your destinations.

I've been out and about in Vegas on two visits now and if nightlife appeals to you at all, I would have to say Paradise road is quite fun.

Enjoy your time in Vegas:)

Nora
03-30-2010, 02:33 AM
HI Diane:

I think I met you at the Las Vegas Holiday en Femme. Contact me if you want to go out when you visit. Let me know what dates you are planning to be here and where will you be staying. Our Tri-Ess chapter meets on 4/10

Nora

Hi all -- Diane gets to go to Las Vegas the first weekend in April!! I haven't been there since HEF several years ago -- could someone suggest some venues, stores, and the like that are known to be CD-friendly? TIA![/QUOTE]

Kristen Marie
03-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Vegas....oh yeah. It is a great place to get out! Definitely connect up with Nora as well as Amy at the Glamour Boutique. I love Vegas.

AmberLynn
03-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Check with the ladies setting up diva las Vegas,they seem to know all about the town. I hope you have fun,and be sure to go in at dusk when the light's start lighting up singing viva las vegas :hugs:

Andy66
03-30-2010, 12:22 PM
I would suggest cabs to your destinations.
Our cab drivers are notorious for taking the longest possible route somewhere to charge you more. :Angry3:

I suggest either renting a car or getting a bus pass. Be sure it is a "Deuce" bus pass, which costs a couple of dollars more, because it will allow you to go more places.

p.s. - I'm sure you want to be glamorous and all, but bring a pair of comfortable sneakers too, just in case. :)

Jennifer Lynndon
03-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Vegas....oh yeah. It is a great place to get out! Definitely connect up with Nora as well as Amy at the Glamour Boutique. I love Vegas.

Two girls who are just as cool as can be ...

When in Vegas be sure to stop by for some shopping and a make-over!

Those girls are the best!

NathalieX66
03-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Spend money at shops in Bellagio, particularly Lancôme because I have relatives working there. (.....bias alert:D).

SuzieQT
03-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Agree, ride the Duce. I had a great time at ROK in New York New York last time but alas I was not "dressed" for the occasion.

Lora Olivia
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I had a great time in Vegas. Spent the better part of 3 days out and about, even having makeup done at the spa at Luxor. I had no problems anywhere...I have found in any outings that if you act like a lady, 99% of the time you will be treated as one.

eluuzion
04-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Nothing like last minute help, but for what it's worth,

This “city-guide” site should provide all of the information you are interested in.
http://lasvegas.gaycities.com/

Nevada listings on another site…
Angles & Lace, 4633 Paradise Rd., Las Vegas, NV (702) 791-0100
Flex Lounge, 4371 W Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV (702) 878-3355
Gipsy, 4605 Paradise Rd., Las Vegas, NV (702) 731-1919
Las Vegas Lounge (*Primarily TV/TS), 900 E. Karen, Las Vegas, NV (702) 737-9350