PDA

View Full Version : Dress Down Day at work

Kim_Bitzflick
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM
I work in an office where we have a casual dress code. Slacks & dress shirts or polo shirts for men and similar for women. I have seen some women wear very nice dresses or skirts, but most women wear dress pants (is “dress pants” an oxymoron or what?) and a blouse.

So I get this e-mail that was sent to everyone with the subject line “Dress Down Day at Work”. My first thought is “Yea! I can wear a dress to work!” :) Of course I know that is not what they meant, but for a very tiny instant I was thrilled to think that it would be possible.

Oh well. Back to work…..:sad:

Cheryl T
03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh that it were possible...without reprisal.

RADER
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Now their is a thought: Type a Memo: Next Friday is come as the opposite Sex Day. Now that would be interesting as to what would happen.:daydreaming:
You do not have to sign it, just hang it on the watter collier. LOL Rader

msniki48
03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
you could always go to work dressed as normal, and bring a casual dress.

Go into the mens room and change into the casual dress....come out and say....didn't anybody get the freekin memo? IT'S DRESS DOWN DAY, why is everyone in pants??????

get a few laughs and go back to work....with or without the dress, That's up to you.:heehee:

:hugs:

Kim_Bitzflick
03-30-2010, 09:19 PM
you could always go to work dressed as normal, and bring a casual dress.

Go into the mens room and change into the casual dress....come out and say....didn't anybody get the freekin memo? IT'S DRESS DOWN DAY, why is everyone in pants??????

get a few laughs and go back to work....with or without the dress, That's up to you.:heehee:

:hugs:

Interesting idea but..... not with these guys. I don't think they would handle it well even as a "joke".

Rachel Morley
03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Tell me about it! Our company has some corporate logo clothing that you can buy and there is a very cute button front, puff sleeved blouse, in pink that I would love to wear with jeans to work just like some of the GGs do. If I could wear that without retribution, I'd also like to have a French manicure and some eye makeup too! :) I'd love to feminize myself or go to work en femme ..... but, it's not going to happen :sad:

t-girlxsophie
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Am just waiting for my Night Shift to have a Halloween Dress-up night,My hopes were raised last year but the Idea was kicked out,still a girl can dream:daydreaming:

Katie1234
03-30-2010, 09:59 PM
At school we just had a "gender-bender" day:) It was AWESOME!!!

mylilsecret8
03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Being that April fools day is coming up, I've often fantacized about going to work in girl mode....but not that brave and don't think people would view it as a joke.

A few years ago one of the guys came to work on Halloween in a dress, but he was dressed as an old pregnant woman. No makeup, no sexy shoes, just a long baggy unflattering dress with a pillow under to make him look pregnant so no one gave him a bad time. Still I was envious because I would have loved to have dressed femme for the day.

On Friday's we have "jeans day" and I have wore women's low rise jeans a few times with a guy's shirt so I don't stick out too much. I do the tuck thing so the front is nice and smooth and if someone looked close they might notice my panty line...but no one has ever said anything or noticed long stares.

jenifer m.
03-30-2010, 10:06 PM
a girl can dream right?