PDA

View Full Version : Out and About at In-N-Out

Lexine
03-31-2010, 02:16 PM
So this past Sunday, March 28, marked the first time I've actually dressed up in full attire and applied my own makeup. I hadn't applied makeup on since 11th grade when I was goth (A goth asian? Yep. That was me) and I wasn't sure if I blended everything properly. Unfortunately, I caked a small amount of mascara on my eyelid and forgot what to do! Fortunately my eyelids fold when I open my eyes so it wasn't too bad of an accident. The intention of all this was that I wanted to surprise my friend who's helping me with all this by actually putting on the makeup myself and wearing all the clothes that we bought to get the androgyne look that we were going for and showing up at her door all gussied up and ready to hang out.

So I gave her a call and asked where she wanted to meet up. She said that she was having dinner with one of her clients and her client's daughter (She's a dance choreographer in addition to being a makeover artist/stylist). The client hired my friend to choreograph a quinceneara for her daughter. I then replied by saying, "Uhh, I don't know if I should show up because I'm dressed up," implying that I have makeup, the clothes, and everything on. She replied by saying, "Who cares?"

I showed up and, to my surprise, I knew the client. I had attended several sessions of this client's rehearsal so I gulped, walked into the restaurant and sat beside the client all this time thinking, "I hope she doesn't notice that I'm wearing makeup," with that exact phrase looping in my head. Surprisingly, she took it well and didn't really react differently. After a few minutes, we paid the bill and headed out.

But I didn't eat dinner with them. At the time, the group had already ordered food but I was still starving and was craving In-N-Out Burger. So we drove to the place and my friend says, "Let's eat inside! I gotta talk to you about a ton of stuff!" So I sighed, parked the car, and walked towards In-N-Out. My friend said that she'll treat me for this meal since I drove far, so how could I resist? As we approached the door to the place, she then commented on the fact that I didn't curl my eyelashes too much and that I was very conservative with putting on the shimmer for my eyeshadow and other miscellaneous things that I had to fix. Finally, we got up to the cashier.

My friend ordered a chocolate shake... simple, since she did have dinner after all. The cashier then looks at me and asks, "And for you?" So I said, "I'll have a #2, spread only please!" This is a cheeseburger with just the cheese, patty, and the thousand island spread with the bun. Pretty simple right?

Well, the guy asks, "You want tomatoes on that?"

To which I replied, "Uhh, no. Spread only please?" (worried)

"You want cheese with that?"

"Umm yes please..." (confused)

"Wait, lemme put in the order again... you (looking at my friend) wanted a chocolate shake and you (looking at me) want a... ?"

"#2, spread only."

This time, he got it right. Thank goodness.

After getting my cup, filling it with my drink, and heading back to one of the booths, my friend had this huge grin on her face.

"What?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"That guy was totally checking you out!" she replies, her grin even bigger now.

"Uhh... not in the same way that someone was checking out a girl right?" I replied, not sure how to react.

She nodded, as if to say, "Yes. In the same way someone was checking out a girl." But she added, "He was trying to figure out if you were a guy or a girl." I burst out laughing... but I controlled it so that my laugh was still pretty effeminate. My friend found out that when I'm on the phone I usually change my voice to sound more feminine... maybe because I'm trying to wrangle some freebies from customer service representatives... so I used that voice the entire time we were there, including when we were ordering.

In any case, that was Sunday. It'll be interesting to see this whole attire used at Disneyland this Saturday when we're celebrating a different friend's birthday. All in all, good times were had!

sherri52
03-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Glad you had fun. Don't you love it when they don't know how to react.

Lexine
03-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Glad you had fun. Don't you love it when they don't know how to react.

Definitely! The guy had the "deer in headlights" look! That was a bit cute, but a bit frustrating since all I really wanted was something to munch on hehehe

Andy66
03-31-2010, 03:59 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun! :) I miss SoCal.

Lexine
03-31-2010, 04:32 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun! :) I miss SoCal.

It is! At least you also have an In-N-Out Burger in your state? I'll probably write something about my Disneyland adventure here on a separate post too hehe.

Andy66
03-31-2010, 09:12 PM
It is! At least you also have an In-N-Out Burger in your state? I'll probably write something about my Disneyland adventure here on a separate post too hehe.
Yeah, there are In-N-Outs. And now we have a Tommy's too. Yummmm. But no beach or Disneyland. I can't wait to read more about your adventures. :)

celeste26
03-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Since when do In-n-Outs have inside ordering. When I left CA, they only had drive throughs. Darn, I knew there was a reason to wait. We have no In-n-Outs here in Oregon. Oh well.

NathalieX66
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Since when do In-n-Outs have inside ordering. .
New Jersey has Checkers.....just Drive-Thru, no inside seating.
i've been to In-n-Out a couple of times around LA & Phoenix.
In NY City, if you go to a public place en femme , people appear entertained, as I have found out.

Rachel_Red
04-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Not cool now I want In-n-out haha! Aww lucky you're going to Disnyland dressed up... I dream of going to Disnyland dressed up... soon, very soon :D

Well have fun and I always love hearing peoples stories.

Christinedreamer
04-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Actually DL has a fairly open policy in some areas for CDers. Several years ago there was a very talented and prominent female impersonator working in a the premier club at the time in LA (the world famous Queen Mary) who worked part time at DL as a princess.

(S)he looks gorgeous and at the time you would never clock her. When I found out, she swore me to secrecy as she could get fired if the general public ever found out. She is petite and danced beautifully.

She has also appeared in numerous TV shows and even in movies.

I must confess I fell madly in love at first sight. (no beer goggles either)