PDA

View Full Version : For GG's: Why we take pictures of ourselves

NathalieX66
03-31-2010, 11:53 PM
I can't speak for everyone. Some assume that we are trying to attract other people outside of a monogamous hetero relationship, to flaunt ourselves for sexual purposes. Fine, if that is your mission.
But what if we have no desire for sex if we display ourselves over the entire planet Earth in cyberspace?
For me, it' s how I immortalize myself, in my case as Nathalie, when I am off in guy mode somewhere in the real world as just another unassuming member of society. I do not feel the need to one-up anyone in terms of passability, I just am.
When it is too much of a burden to present ourselves as female in public (which I do & have done) , it's far easier to be our femme selves in digital.

I cannot speak for the agenda of others. All I can say, is that it must be very frightening for a genetic girl, or woman to find that her SO displays him(her)self on the net.

2B Natasha
04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Is this a question or a statement? :straightface:

Andy66
04-01-2010, 12:30 AM
I cannot speak for the agenda of others. All I can say, is that it must be very frightening for a genetic girl, or woman to find that her SO displays him(her)self on the net.
I'm sure it can be, especially if it's a surprise to her. This is why communication is so very important, as is trust and trustworthiness.

I imagine the type of websites your photos are on, and the clothing and poses, make a lot of difference. Think how you would feel if your spouse did the same thing.

tanya_m
04-01-2010, 02:41 AM
I just love taking pictures of myself in girl mode. I feel good when I take the pictures and after while I watch them. I have a profile in imagefap.com with several galleries. I upload them in sites because I like someone to watch my pics and to make comments on them.

Sandra65
04-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Like you Nathalie, I took them to create a memento of what I look like and to kind of see myself through separate eyes. Looking at yourself in a mirror is not the same as looking at a photo, you get a different perspective.

While I have posted pics in my album here, I know that they will be viewed by like minded people who understand. My photos were not taken or posted to titilate others, invite salacious comments or, quite frankly, turn anyone on.

Kathi Lake
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM
For me, it is kind of an immortalization of how I looked and felt at that time. It's also kind of a "proof" to myself and others. Proof to myself that I'm not the totally hideous creature I imagine myself to be when I dress up (just mostly hideous). To others, it's proof of my outrageous claims. I do go out there and have just as much fun as I say I do. Why feel I have to prove myself to others? I dunno. Probably a holdover from the playground days. :)

Kathi

Samantha_Smile
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I love the visuals from this forum.

I get to take pictures of myself en-femme, post them and recieve comments from people who share a common part of our psyche.
Having my pics commented on is the greatest form of affirmation and kindness I can get, there are no judgements here, and we can recieve comments on a side of ourselves, which in 'the real world' we rarely/never show.
And in the same vein that others comment on my pictures, I comment on pics of others to share the affirmation and confidence building that I get from baring myself for all to see.

I found it hard at first to take pictures of myself and post them, it was like the last step in admiting to myself that this IS me, and this IS my life.
To get through the self acceptance and just be accepted by others is such a great relief and joyful experience that it was like a real weight had been lifted.

I can't speak for everyone, but if Im feeling down and I put some pretty clothes on, and start to feel pretty too, I then start to feel better.
If I then feel good enough to take some snaps and post them here and someone says something positive about how I looked when I started to feel better, then whatever made me feel down disappears.

My SO says she understands the affirmation, but doesn't understand why her opinion isnt enough.
To this, all I can say is that I dont go outside dressed, not even out of my appartment door. And so to be able to come to a community where you can recieve comments on your new LBD or that outrageously short white skirt that you got on sale, or where you got your new lipgloss.... well it's just brilliant. It enhances the feminine feeling, encourages us, and re-assures us that we're not freaks, and for a short while atleast, being found out by EVERYBODY, seems less scary.

For the GG/SO's out there, my feelings are that we need to seek acceptance from our peers and those who have common traits and interests.

Just my :2c:

Cassandra Lynn
04-01-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm just wishing i could get to the point where i can post some pics of me enfemme, every time i think i have the time and money to do a make-over, get a wig and shopping for a wardrobe, something comes up that is more important to deal with. That said, for me it's just as some of you have mentioned, or for me to give credence to Cassie and show her to this audience. :straightface: mj (Cassie)

docrobbysherry
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Sherry couldn't pass at a blind convention, at midnite, with the electricity out!:sad:

However, in pictures, she can not only look fem, she can look pretty darn attractive!:D
And I KNOW that's tru for MANY OTHER girls here, too!

I'm as astounded as ANYONE, that my pics r actually of an old man, me!:eek:

Do I try to make my pics sexy? DARN RITE! :devil:

Do I want to turn anyone on with my pics? :brolleyes:
YES! Only one person tho, me!:heehee:

aggi123
04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I never even thought about taking a picture of myself until I joined this site! I just wanted to join in on what everyone else was doing LOL

I'm having a good time though :)

msniki48
04-01-2010, 01:11 PM
, every time i think i have the time and money to do a make-over, get a wig and shopping for a wardrobe, something comes up that is more important to deal with. this audience. :straightface: mj (Cassie)

It is amazing how life has this way of getting in the way, doesn't it.:sad:

:hugs:

thechic
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I Just take photos to see how much of a woman i can be,try to get that perfect look.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:: drink:

msniki48
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I think that for me, over the past 10+ years, it has been a testiment to my evolution as niki... i really don't have to worry about anyone thinking i'm trying to be sexy...as half of my pics are cooking baking cleaning...basically being the woman of the house.:battingeyelashes:

Some of it is so uplifting to me, and some of it sad.. you'd like to think you were moving forward toward your goals, but sometimes looking back at my site, i have taken quite a few steps backward too.:sad:

my site is my reality check for niki:daydreaming:

:hugs:

Mandy
04-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I never even thought about taking a picture of myself until I joined this site! I just wanted to join in on what everyone else was doing LOL

You bet me to this comment :hugs:

jenifer m.
04-01-2010, 08:40 PM
i like to use them to critique myself on things i can work on to better pass,as photos never lie.

JennaR
04-02-2010, 07:10 AM
With them we exist beyond our imagination. I kinda like the danger too...:devil:

jasmine57
04-02-2010, 09:28 AM
I've been posting pics here for a couple of years or so. I too, like the validation it gives me that I am who I think I am. The wonderful comments from the girls here has really helped with my confidence. I agree that everybody has a different agenda for posting pics, but this site seems to more of a look who I've become rather than look what I have to offer site and I really like that.

Sallee
04-02-2010, 10:50 AM
We are narcissistic. Of course
We want to see if we look as good a a GG. No way in real life but maybe in a picture
Trying to see if we can look like our fantasy of what we wouls like our perfect partner to be Maybe
There are so many reasons
But because it is FUN is the only one that probably really matters
As is true that a CD invented the digital camera.

Jolene
04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I have never taken a picture of myself as Jolene. Have mixed feelings about it, maybe because I would never dream of someone else besides myself seing me.
Just my thoughts.

Alice Torn
04-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Dittos Sallee. But, last night, i had a nightmare, that someone i know, found my photos, then, everyone soon knew, including church, relatives. I then had to leave Dodge!!! Sometimes, i forget, that it is a worldwide web my pics are on!