PDA

View Full Version : Are you "Moody"?

Danielle Gee
04-01-2010, 06:50 AM
A kind remark from a friend got me to thinking this AM. Are any of you other girls "bi-Polar" about CDing?

Sometime when I'm dressed it seems I can do no wrong, clothes fit perfectly, flawless makeup, no problems with wigs or jewelry. My Sweetie and I are in perfect harmony and the world seems at peace.

Other times it seems nothing goes right..... I cut myself shaving, get a run (ladder) in my stockings, try to button my dress only to discover that 5 lbs CAN make a differance in ones waist.

So I'm in a bad mood already and when I come out my Sweetie make an innocent remark that I completely misconstrue. The the squabble begins in earnest. Then to top it all off she says "You're such a Bitch sometimes, I'd swear your were on your period"

I read most of the posts on this board, and it seems that even though some of you are facing serious obstacles, most of you seem well adjusted and happy.

How do you girls in that category deal with lifes little ups and downs ?

Danielle:love:

Staci G
04-01-2010, 07:24 AM
I believe that even when dressing screw-ups happen like the run in pantyhose, or makeup not working for me or what ever I am happier to be dressed than not. I get "moody" when I am not able to dress for a while, LIKE THIS WEEK. anyway I find myself easier to get along with dressed. I am a bitch in DRAB

Crissy Kay
04-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I can be moody at times. It is mainly when I am in male mode. Maybe that has something to do with it!!!

Jenny Doolittle
04-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I agree with Staci, seems like I smile more, am always looking for the positive side of things when I am out and about as Jenny

Chloe Renee
04-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Yes

Oh I mean, There is a running joke at my house about "my time of the month":tongueout I don't intentionally mean to be moody but it happens quite often when things go wrong.
As I dress more often, I've gotten better at handling speed bumps in my preparation.

When I do get that way I also try to isolate myself so I don't take it out on anyone else.

Sweeterica
04-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I can admit to being moody quite often,but very seldom when im erica,

jenifer m.
04-01-2010, 08:50 AM
i admit i am more sensitive to comments,and more moody when im in my girly mode.why is that?maybe cuz im subconcously on the defensive for whatever reason.

Persephone
04-01-2010, 11:52 AM
"The car won't start--it's Falling apart falling apart
I was late for work and the boss got smart
My pantyline shows--got a run in my hose
My hair went flat--man, I hate that (hate that)

"Just when I thought things couldn't get worse
I realized I forgot my purse
With all this stress--I must confess
This could be worse than PMS"

(Shania Twain "Honey, I'm Home")

I suspect that what you are describing, the successes and failures of "putting yourself together," are normal for anyone living in girl world.

After all, other than spilling pasta sauce on your shirt or tie, what can go wrong when dressed en drab? Brown shoes with a blue suit? No big deal. Maybe mismatched sox, but that's about it.

But girl world is made up of sheer hose, easily damaged delicate fabrics, straps, hooks, and potions, not to mention hot rollers and eyeliner.

Despair over results is probably why so many women just give up, toss on their t-shirts and their mommy jeans, and slob their way through life.

It is also the reason that you have to woman up, put your big girl panties on, and learn the discipline to flow through your life with a smile on your face and a song in your heart even though you really want to tear your husband, your misbehaving child, or the perfectly put-together woman in the next cubicle into small bits and laugh hysterically as you toss them in the air.

"It's about her ability to endure being on stilettos and still sashay through her roles in life in spite of all the agonies of being a woman." (Author Unknown)

jennCD
04-01-2010, 12:56 PM
When I'm happy, I want to share it with the world,.. but when I'm angry, everyone knows to stay the heck away from me. I wouldn't call it moody tho,... I'm just someone who prefers to feel emotions to the fullest extent.

:)
jenn

Lexine
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
It's actually weird because I get moody a lot more often in my boy mode than my girl/androgyne mode. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm trying to find a happy medium in between and find the reason why this is such.

msniki48
04-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Danielle, you have really hit on something here! ;)

yes there is no doubt that i am in the best mood and all is right with the world when i am niki, and the preparation went without a hitch.

Yes i can be a woman possesed if they don't [ as you described] it usually comes with not giving myself enough time to prepare myself the right way, and the fact that the older i get...the more spackle i need on my face to feminize it:eek:

I also find that moody side when i feel i am being forced to be male, and i am in the mood to be niki... sort of a feeling of resentment. So without a doubt

yes there are definately to sides to this girl..it isn't all peaches and cream:heehee:

thechic
04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
hi
I get moody when I haven't been en fem,for several days, at present Im in a mood (Just the hate being a guy thing)

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

BRANDYJ
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Good question Danielle. I can get moody when I want to dress and for whatever reason, I don't have the time or sometimes because my SO has other things for me to do. But since we are not living together right now, I can dress as much as I want to when I want to with no worries about what she wants me to do or what she wants to do. The funny thing is, my mood, desire or whatever it is that makes us want to dress, is less present when we are not living together. My desire or need to dress is the highest when I am in cohabitation with the one I love. I have always been this way. Being around the woman I love (maybe any woman), makes me want to dress even more!

erica12b
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
yes, in a nut shell yes

janelle
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Yes I do & its for several days. I too get teased by my girl friends at work that it that time of the month for me. I also get moods where I will start crying for no reason at all. My stliest, & again girl friends at work just say," Welcome to womanhood". My tell you that is one awesome feeling.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs..................................Janelle

ArleneRaquel
04-01-2010, 02:18 PM
msniki48,
A geat post and a great thread started by Danielle! :battingeyelashes:

lacie
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
When I'm Lacie I'm in a very relaxed mood. Everything just seems so harmonious and balanced for me. Sorta like a good beer buzz in the warm sun at the beach. But as a dude I do get moody every now and then. I think it may have something to do with the moon and planets aligning in a certain way:D

Lynn Marie
04-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I didn't realize this until I quit smoking 12 years ago, but the smoking sort of smoothed out my highs and lows by trimming the peaks off. Never too high or too low. After I quit I started really having emotions! It was great, ended up with a divorce, but that really just freed me from a very abusive relationship. That's funny now that I think of it. The ex wanted me to quit for years, and when I finally did, it cost her her marriage.

Anyway, no, I'm not at all moody. Pretty much always up. Just more up on some days than others. Caffeine high or something I guess.

PretzelGirl
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
My daughter has the grandkids calling me grump-pa, but I do quite well. I stay pretty happy. Life hasn't been a bed of roses, but that is no reason to not enjoy what you do have in my opinion. Dressing probably contributes to my good mood solely because I am doing what I want, so I don't have extra tension.

Karinsamatha
04-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I am much happier when I am full on Karin. I now understand this much better when I haven't been able to let Karin out for the last month. Yes I guess that makes me moody, as I have been quite "cranky" for the last few days. I guess it's my tiime.
just my :2c::2c: so relax and have a :drink:

jasmine57
04-02-2010, 09:07 AM
I use to get really moody when I didn't get to express my femme side. But since I live alone now it is much easier to express that side of me. I don't always need to dress to be able to become feminine. But the answer to you original question is yes.

anna kate
04-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Take 'em as they come, roll with the punches. Lifes too short to worry about the small stuff!

Kerigirl2009
04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
OMG yes I can be so moody. I hate that too. I can feel it coming on especially if I have not been able to dress in a while. I am doing my best to change though.

shawn123
04-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm just the opposite. If I'm not in a good mood, I don't want to dress. Seems like the last couple of weeks I just don't feel like it. When the mood picks up again, I'll be in the mood to dress again.

TxKimberly
04-06-2010, 08:57 PM
No question, I get at least as moody as your typical woman - just ask my poor wife. . .

georgia_937
04-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I woke up this morning and said "s**t I've gotta do that math homework today or I'll get behind" which kinda started to bum me out, however as I went through my normal I'm-home-alone routine of putting on the breastforms, bra, pantyhose, and a nice top (with sweats) I found I didn't mind so much sitting at the desk and working away at graphing equations. Before I knew it, it was time to take the "girls" off and get ready for class (I have mostly evening classes this quarter), which I found I didn't mind so much. I guess it's a coping mechanism, however it's a pleasant one so I figure it's all good.:battingeyelashes:

Soriya
04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I have been accused of having PMS at times :D

Sharon B.
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
In my opinion we all have had PMS at one time or another, male or female.
I am moody right now as I want to dress but can't, have been working nights and haven't gotten into the habit of sleeping during the day.
By the weekend I am hoping to get fully dressed as a woman, may go for a drive or may stay home and play with my digital camera.