PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful what you post

Brandi Wyne
04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I am not always sure which area to post a thread but I think this is the right one for this subject.

Through the months of my being a member I have enjoyed posting and replying to members on a number of topics. Recently, my life has taken a complete tumble. A major part of my wife's decision to divorce me came after I had already talked to her about my crossdressing. She had seem sort of ok with it then. However, when she actually saw me dressed, she flipped out and that all started a cascade effect.

The clincher though was one of my children had determined that I visited here and located my posts. Among them were some more descriptive recountings and they were downloaded and printed to be used against me in the divorce proceedings.

I hope my sh*t of a son is still reading this because I want him to know that if he hadn't been hiding his being gay from his wife and mother, he wouldn't have been attacking me with this now.

Now I have to find my way in a new life in a new town. But, I am able to continue to cross dress on a regular basis and it feels so good to me to feel that my femme side is now going to be more open to the world.

By the way, I am now living in the area around Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and if there are any CDs in the area, I'd love to meet. Come on girls, help another girl out a bit, huh?

Sheila
04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I am so sorry you are hurting and angry right mow, but announcing to the world your son is gay ain't gonna help a thing and in my opinion is the wrong thing to do ........ I am sure there are many who will disagree with me

Shelly Preston
04-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Brandi

I am sorry your going through a divorce and do hope you get your life back on the path you want

I do have one question how does your sons hiding being gay from his wife and mother result in him attacking you ?

SexiBobbi
04-02-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with Sheila. Outing your son in anger is the wrong thing to do. He did what he did because of his own insecurities and because he is hurt over the divorce.

kellycan27
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I am so sorry you are hurting and angry right mow, but announcing to the world your son is gay ain't gonna help a thing and in my opinion is the wrong thing to do ........ I am sure there are many who will disagree with me

I agree.. tit for tat rarely solves anything.
Sorry for your troubles.
Kel

sherri52
04-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm sorry that your son has done his part in hurting your divorce Brandi. I hope everything goes well and you find new friends.

BRANDYJ
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Brandi, I am so sorry to hear what your son did. Like someone else said, he is hurt too. So cut him a little slack. It's hard to believe he is gay, yet has no understanding of your secret that you painfully had to keep inside. I wish I had words of wisdom or comfort for you. Understand one more thing, your wife is also hurting. She fears what she does not understand, like so many others that have never been educated about cross dressers. If for no other reason, I hope she seeks to educate herself to help heal herself. I tis not her fault for what you are or do. I hope you and your family get over the hurt enough to start understanding each other and respecting each other more. I sense and feel the pain of all of you.

Kathi Lake
04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Brandi,

While I'm sorry for the situation, I have to agree with the others here. The things that you posted - were they real experiences and thoughts? If so, then yes, you were caught. This is - for better or worse - a public forum and therefore "fair game" in the legal system.

I know you're angry right now, but try to look on this as a good thing. Now you can start to do what you said you wanted to in your posts.

Kathi

Lorileah
04-02-2010, 02:58 PM
I do have one question how does your sons hiding being gay from his wife and mother result in him attacking you ?

Oh I totally get this Shelly. Remember when you were kids and you took your mom's ink pen and spilled it on the rug? Then you remembered your brother ate that last brownie that your mom was saving for after lunch? So you go and tell your mom what your brother did before she could find out about the ink stain? That way, she would be totally focused on the brownie and you could cover the ink stain and hope tat later she would be a lot madder at your brother? Here we have the same thing. I am going to tell YOUR secret so that they won't pay attention so much to MY secret. Neither are right but one is determined to be wrong louder.

The sad part about all this is that neither did anything wrong to start with except keeping a secret that had it been out in the open earlier would be inconsequential in both cases. Both hid something that honestly should have been revealed BEFORE taking a long term vow with their spouses. Same old story we hear here many many times. It isn't the act that is the problem. It is covering it up or hiding it that is the problem when it comes out. Now, there are at least 4 people who are dazed and confused over what happened. Two of those are caught in a "I am not as bad as he is" fight.

minalost
04-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Brandi,
The pain that ALL parties are suffering is clear from your post.
:hugs:

Shelly67
04-02-2010, 04:07 PM
This'll go down like the titanic ..... is this for real ??
Contradiction is no way to conflict . Sorry , but for one you shame , slur your son publicly , then ask to meet other cd'ers ....? Pot and Kettle springs to mind .....
We only have one life , we all say and do things in haste , but I bet one day you'll regret being so brutally rude to your offspring , just as he will in return regret snooping on you - no matter what history or anything else that has happened in the background over the years .....
I fear after such angst , bridges are well and truely burnt ........

Cristi
04-02-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't see how Brandi 'outed' her son except in a very abstract sense. I don't know WHO Brandi really is, much less the identity of her son... so nobody knows anything more than when we started except that this anonymous son of an anonymous person is gay.

Yeah, that is a really terrible outing.

Slim Jim
04-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Now I have to find my way in a new life in a new town. But, I am able to continue to cross dress on a regular basis and it feels so good to me to feel that my femme side is now going to be more open to the world.

By the way, I am now living in the area around Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and if there are any CDs in the area, I'd love to meet. Come on girls, help another girl out a bit, huh?

"I'm getting divorced and my entire life has basically turned to complete crap, but hey - now I can CD as much as I want!"
I've never understood people who look at life that way, but hey, whatever works for you.

Hope
04-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Well since no one else has...

Look, generally speaking outing someone is the wrong thing to do. But there are exceptions to that hard and fast rule. One exception I think is the outing of gay politicians who routinely sponsor and vote for legislation that harms the GLBT community. If you are going to hurt people, you have to expect that those people will protect themselves from you in whatever way they choose. People are allowed to be as closeted as they want to be, for as long as they want to be - provided that they are not doing actual harm to, or going about outing others who are also closeted.

So when a closeted gay son viciously outs his father as a part of a divorce proceeding, the outing he receives in return is not only fair, but richly earned. Karma is a bitch that way. Turn about IS fair play.

Now - wether or not a father should retributively out his son, and what effect that might have on their future relationship is debatable... though seeing as that relationship is basically over now ... there isn't a lot to loose, and it could be argued that it might do more good than harm.

Karen564
04-02-2010, 04:57 PM
The clincher though was one of my children had determined that I visited here and located my posts. Among them were some more descriptive recountings and they were downloaded and printed to be used against me in the divorce proceedings.

I hope my sh*t of a son is still reading this because I want him to know that if he hadn't been hiding his being gay from his wife and mother, he wouldn't have been attacking me with this now.

Hmmmm, Like he found this post....:eek:

I guess I never thought seriously about it in my early years of dressing but I have dated and enjoyed intimacy with a male, however it had to be another CD and it had to be with both of us dressed.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980617&postcount=17

So what's the deal here... Am I missing something..?

Sounds like you outed your son to his mother & his wife...and by doing so, betrayed him... and so he took out his anger with you by doing what you did...

So your now criticizing him for keeping a secret from them?

Hmmm,
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles but,

As far as what your son did...I can only say in this case, it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..

All this bitterness solves Nothing....and just think it's time to pick up the pieces and move on with your life.....because I see no good coming out of this by blaming your son for your own actions...

We all make our own bed, and have to sleep in it...
:2c:

sterling12
04-02-2010, 05:31 PM
You need a good Divorce Lawyer! Being transgendered is not a crime! And, I don't think it will be of much use to Your (Soon to be)Ex in a Divorce Proceeding. I know how The Mods are around here, and I can't think of anything you could have written that would cause you trouble.

Remember Florida is basically a "No Fault State" for Divorces. I think about 99% of all Divorces down her are labeled "Irreconcilable Differences," and that's just about what The Court wants to hear. They DON'T want to hear about all of your problems in The marriage, they aren't interested in assigning blame!

Your Lawyer, and her Lawyer both know that! But, if their side can "freak you out," with a major bunch of B.S. about your lifestyle, and get you to do certain things, all The Better for them! Trust me, what interests The Lawyers, is The distribution of The Marital Assets, and child/spousal support. They know that both of you will over time become exhausted, and will eventually come to some sort of grudging settlement. Then....suddenly The Divorce is magically granted, lawyers A & B GET PAID, and everybody else in The World goes on living!

Just take a deep breath with all of this. It's not nearly as bad as it seems! Talk to Debi, talk to some of The Others who have divorced, I know there are several in that Ft. Meyer's Group. Keep your cool, don't attack The Son, that will bring out all Your Spouse's Defense Mechanisms. Legal Stuff is a huge game! It has little to do with "Right or Wrong," it has to do With The Law. Take your lumps, and move on with your life. In a couple of years, you'll be better, you'll be doing what is intended for you to do....it won't make much difference.

Peace and Love, Joanie

BRANDYJ
04-02-2010, 05:32 PM
"I'm getting divorced and my entire life has basically turned to complete crap, but hey - now I can CD as much as I want!"
I've never understood people who look at life that way, but hey, whatever works for you.

I'm with you on this one. When I lost the love of my life, the lasrt thing I wanted to do was dress up. But then again, it is because she was so supportive and even enjoyed that part of me. My relationship came first and foremost, The dressing is such a small thing of importance to me.

I'm happy to say that after 6 months of no contact, we are back together and the love is stronger then ever.

Sorry to hear of your lose Slim Jim

carolinoakland
04-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Ok, someone take a picture. Carol is speechless. I'm so sorry Slim Jim.

Kaitlyn Michele
04-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Brandi

Totally true...be careful what you post...

oh and also, be careful what you do!!! its like the south park skit about Bill Belichek....its not about the Patriots cheating their way to all those superbowls..
(eagles fan here...:straightface:)

or about all those steroid enhanced atheletes...

its about getting (or not getting) caught..

sometimes you get caught...you have to be a man (or woman) and live with the consequences...

as a transwoman that lost her marriage..i can actually relate to the part of you that feels excited about your freedom

but you have to pay a price, and only you should pay it..altho i understand you are angry..
you are getting flak because what you said about your son is terrible , how can you possibly blame him? and i hope you decide to retract that message...

docrobbysherry
04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm sorry u have to suffer thru this divorce and breakup of your family!:sad:
Not sure what the laws r in Florida. But, in Cal., all divorces r "no fault". The judges here won't listen to ANY party blaming the other for the split!:straightface:
And, like the judges, and unlike OTHERS here, I have no comment or opinion on whose at fault in yours!

I'm happy that Brandi can start anew, and be the girl you've only DREAMED about until now!:)
My CD life seriously began after I split with my ex!:brolleyes:

Alice B
04-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I also am sorry that things turned out the way they did for you. But, now you can get on with your new life and make the most of it. My wife knows I visit this site and talk to others, thus do not have a problem. I've met a few members of the site and that has been very positive and my wife knows about that also.

shaniquia
04-02-2010, 07:41 PM
good luck, just remember that you used to be trapped and you will be now as free as a bird

PantyhoseNPumps
04-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Wow! It sounds like a lot has happened in the couple of weeks since we've spoken Brandi.. I'll drop you a line, you know I'm always here to talk hun..

marny
04-03-2010, 12:01 AM
You wanted to be caught and so you were. No sympathy! :brolleyes:

Sunni D.
04-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Wow, seems to me that maybe you're really having a hard time managing your anger. Even though they are adults, children can often feel caught between their parents, causing them to have to make tough calls in their own lives.

Are you sure he's gay? I mean, if he's married and all, that's one heck of a lot of hiding in the closet. Has he come out to you?

Regardless, if he loves both of his parents, this has got to be pretty tough on him as well. I mean, for the most part, if a couple makes it as long as you have with your wife, they're pretty much there until one or the other dies. To have that hit later on, well, I can't imagine that it'd be easy.

Maybe you could see some kind of professional therapist to help you deal with the anger you seem to have. That way you don't get misplaced blame.

Sweeterica
04-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Frankly i think you will be best out of it, however what has your son being gay got to do with it, surely he is bi if he s married.one other point how does he know your id on here,i dont see that being on this forum has any bearing on things,its legal nothing underhand just support network,therapy if you like.

Jenny Doolittle
04-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Brandi,

This is a tuff room sometimes because you will always get honesty in your GF's opinions.

I have to agree with all the others that said you were out of line to out your son. Even though he let your cat out of the bag does not make it all right for you to out him. Think about how hurt you were when he told your wife without your permission, you just did the same hurtful act.

I hope your life goes in the direction you want now. Remember "For every door that closes a new one opens."

liz.thomas
04-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Couple of items that may have helped here.

1) Private Browsing. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Menu+Reference?bl=n&s=private%20viewing&as=q#Start_Private_Browsing Many browsers have this feature.

2) Anonymous Email Addresses.

Keep it it mind.

Liz

Brandi Wyne
04-03-2010, 12:56 PM
For those that are supportive and understanding, ":hugs:Thanks a whole lot." To those who think this should be some sort of spanking session or "there is something wrong with you" attitude, then all I can say is that that is the type of response to a pained sister that just pulls people down. People who have met, avoided and delt with challenges through, because and/or in spite of relationships.

For the Nay sayers here. First, only my son knows who he is here. I haven't outed him to anyone, here or anywhere. Secondly, I am not in an unrealistic state of mind, considering the circumstances. If you had followed my posts for the last few months, you would know that I was in the process of coming out to my family members, including my wife. Although she didn't embrace it, she was understanding with the life situation. My son hacked into the site, folks. He looked for and found me specifically. It could be any one of you, you know. Then, he made sure the most damaging posts were downloaded to my wife's computer. None of that would make you upset? I truly doubt that. My comment was directed specifically at him because he isn't anonymous or safe either.

Yes, it is a consequence of my life choices and yes, I'll grow and move along on my journey.

Presh GG
04-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Brandy,

You wrote "a major part of my wifes decision to divorce me came After I came out to her."

So you were haveing problems before?

Do you think [ leaveing all anger out of this] she may be just haveing one of those fearful times after being "in the dark" for so many years?

Do you think , without anger, she will come around to understanding?

Please get therapy... for both of you.. Please !!

Presh GG

Hali
04-03-2010, 01:48 PM
You need a good Divorce Lawyer! Being transgendered is not a crime! And, I don't think it will be of much use to Your (Soon to be)Ex in a Divorce Proceeding. I know how The Mods are around here, and I can't think of anything you could have written that would cause you trouble.

Remember Florida is basically a "No Fault State" for Divorces. I think about 99% of all Divorces down her are labeled "Irreconcilable Differences," and that's just about what The Court wants to hear. They DON'T want to hear about all of your problems in The marriage, they aren't interested in assigning blame!

Your Lawyer, and her Lawyer both know that! But, if their side can "freak you out," with a major bunch of B.S. about your lifestyle, and get you to do certain things, all The Better for them! Trust me, what interests The Lawyers, is The distribution of The Marital Assets, and child/spousal support. They know that both of you will over time become exhausted, and will eventually come to some sort of grudging settlement. Then....suddenly The Divorce is magically granted, lawyers A & B GET PAID, and everybody else in The World goes on living!

Just take a deep breath with all of this. It's not nearly as bad as it seems! Talk to Debi, talk to some of The Others who have divorced, I know there are several in that Ft. Meyer's Group. Keep your cool, don't attack The Son, that will bring out all Your Spouse's Defense Mechanisms. Legal Stuff is a huge game! It has little to do with "Right or Wrong," it has to do With The Law. Take your lumps, and move on with your life. In a couple of years, you'll be better, you'll be doing what is intended for you to do....it won't make much difference.

Peace and Love, Joanie

This reply is awesome, cos at this moment we dont want much to do with the past, what is done is done so now we move on to damage control..............get a good lawyer and remember you are at "war" so you have to be calm and concentrate cos any wrong decision will only hurt you more, use the intelligent part of your head not the emotional part and get yourself a good deal out of this whole scenario. In future your life is going to be better and make sure you always see yourself as a winner...apologize where necessary and move on.

AllieSF
04-03-2010, 02:07 PM
It is always interesting here how sometimes people interpret what they read in a way that has little connection with what the OP intended. I read this thread when it was first posted and never understood anything other than what Brandi just clarified above. I even went back and reread her OP just to make sure that I didn't misinterpret it, which I do too often. In my opinion, what her son did was totally wrong and inexcusable. Forgivable, yes. Brandi did not "out" her son to everyone, she just mentioned this situation to this family away from home here. She referenced that he was gay and had hid that from his wife and mother. The written word is easily misinterpreted. It is hard to be able to write clearly and harder still to do it when upset. Why not in the future, when in doubt, especially in a case like this where Brandi came here to vent and receive support, ask the OP for clarification first before being so critical in your posts.

Karen564
04-04-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm sorry, guess I'm guilty of being a nah sayer...

And Allie makes a good point about asking for clarification...so...

Would you mind explaining only what I highlighted in the above quote with bold type is supposed to mean more clearly then ?

That was the single line that caught my attention the most, since it was because of that, which you stated was the reason why he was attacking you...

BRANDYJ
04-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Brandi and I have communicated privately since she did live very close to me. I was very happy for her when she said she was about to tell her wife. I hopes it went well. And as she stated, it did at first. But then she said the thing that turned her wife against the whole issue of cross dressing was when she saw Brandi dressed for the first time. OK, I get that and even understand that to much reality for some wives to soon could cause a bad reaction. But for this to be the main reason for the separation and divorce, I doubt it. My assumption is that the marriage and love between Brandi and his wife had other issues going on. Clearly, it is none of my business. But if the love was there, I think Brandy would not be now looking forward to living more openly. I'm not hearing Brandi say that she wished or wanted a reconciliation. And this happens. It happened to me in my last marriage. We simply grew apart. Had nothing to do with my being a cross dresser. She was fully accepting and always was.
My point is, if Brandi feels that now she can move on and is not broken up about a marriage that probably was broken for some time, then I support her decision. I just hope her joy about now being free to be Brandi is so strong that it over shadows his love of his wife. Yes, the drive, compulsion can be so strong that we make some very bad choices for what's really important to us. I just hope Brandi doe snot one day look back and regret not trying harder to make his marriage work.
I know since I ma speaking from experience. I let something (not CDing) cause me to leave my wife that I loved. I regret it today even though I have moved on and have a new love in my life. I am blessed that today, my ex wife and I are friends and do care about each other. I'm blessed that I have found a new partner that understands, and accepts me just as I am.

Brandi, I sincerely wish you well in whatever you do. I just hope whatever that is, is not something you will look back on and one day regret. Be true to yourself, Be happy. But be sure of what it is you want.

Sarah_GG
04-04-2010, 07:02 AM
IThe clincher though was one of my children had determined that I visited here and located my posts. Among them were some more descriptive recountings and they were downloaded and printed to be used against me in the divorce proceedings.

I'm sorry you find yourself alone and unhappy.

I just wondered what these "more descriptive recountings" were? If they were things that you'd think any partner in a marriage would be unhappy and angry about then I guess I can understand it.

Sounds like there were things that couldn't be discussed openly and honestly within the family - your CDing, your son's sexuality...?

Sweeterica
04-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Im wondering too what these previous postings were that you say are trouble, frankly how did your son get your password etc to enter our site,did you leave it lying about, i dont see how anything you posted on here can have any relevence to divorce proceedings,unless there is more to things than you have told us.

Sharon B.
04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Brandi;
I'm sorry to hear about a divorce, as for the nay sayers all I can say is divorce can be a nasty thing to go through.
My ex-wife used everything and anybody to her advantage to get what she wanted out of the divorce. Even when she agree to work things out before going through with the divorce.
Unless they been through one don't criticize the other person until you walk in their shoes.
Just my two cents worth.

Sweeterica
04-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Sharon no one pretends divorce is easy,i think theres more to all this than just Brandi s wife knowing about his crossdressing,deeper problems in the relationship,this is as they say the straw to break the camels back,i hope Brandi finds happiness after this,seems to me all of them have issues to sort out,being nasty doesnt solve things does it,i say sit down talk it through like adults then do whats best for all.

Angie G
04-04-2010, 09:57 AM
If this all comes down to youe Cross-dressing that really sucks. Seems like there was not much love there. Well atleast now you can be who you want to be.:hugs:
Angie

Presh GG
04-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Sweeterica,

Since you are new, try reading as a guest. There are far more guests than members reading here everyday.

Brandi's son didn't need a pass word to access the open forum.

Brandi, I'm truely sorry you are hurt. I do hope you will be happy.

Presh GG

Sweeterica
04-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Presh GG yes ok i see where you are coming from but to be honest how would you know someone on here was your father,i mean we dont use our male names do we, maybe he just saw his dads photo,to me i cant see how he would recognise it,its not very clear is it.Dont get me wrong im not being nasty to anyone,but i do think there is more to this situation .

KayC
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Brandi,
I'm glad you seem relieved and happier now that you are more free to express yourself. However, I just wanted to encourage you to accept responsibility for yourself...neither your son nor wife (ex) are responsible for your posts...you are. All posts made here or elsewhere are viewed by the world at large, including neighbors, prospective employers, families, fellow parishoners, coworkers, etc. Either do a good job disguising your identity or be careful what you post...and in the event you are found out, accept responsibility for it yourself instead of laying blame to someone else.

Sheila
04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Presh GG yes ok i see where you are coming from but to be honest how would you know someone on here was your father,i mean we dont use our male names do we, maybe he just saw his dads photo,to me i cant see how he would recognise it,its not very clear is it.Dont get me wrong im not being nasty to anyone,but i do think there is more to this situation .

maybe he used the family comp, came across the site in browser history, maybe followed it through, maybe recognized the writing style, seen the clothes hanging on airer at home/in a closet ergo the connection made ...... simple really :straightface:

Presh GG
04-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Just to be clear... I never suggested Brandi would want to reconcile with her wife, only that I believe anger is most times fear and pain "rewrapped". And it's very hard in life to be happy if one is afraid, in pain or / and angry. Therapy is good at getting thru lifes trials. And Brandi's wife must be in a simular state, divorce is hard!

Brandi, It's been a few days, how are you?
We really do care.

Best to you,
Presh GG

JulieK1980
04-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope you and your son can reconcile your differences. Its sad to see issues between parents end up dragging kids into the whole mess...

Melinda G
04-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I think something needs to be cleared up here regarding no-fault divorce. It's true in most states that fault is irrelevant. If one party states irreconcilable differences, then the divorce is granted. However, in many states, including Michigan, fault is taken into consideration in custody issues, and division of assets.

jenifer m.
04-05-2010, 10:07 PM
being a florida girl myself id love to help,but you are too far away for my busy schedual.however if ever in or near palm beach ill meet with you no problem.hope all works out for you.

VikkiVixen7188
04-05-2010, 11:27 PM
ALl I will say is dont shut your son out. My dad and I spent the last 4 years rebuilding our relationship. Dont do that.

eluuzion
04-07-2010, 05:05 AM
suʍop puɐ sdn ɟo ןןnɟ sı ǝɟıן

A couple of thoughts come to mind after reading this post…been gone a few days, so maybe I'm a bit late on relevance here...

“Comparing something wrong with something worse, does not make it right”.

“It is better to offer a hand than to point a finger”.
If I interpreted your post correctly, I commend your decision not to opt for using the “gay” issue as a retaliatory weapon.

“There is always somebody out there with a bigger gun than the one you are holding”. These people are generally called attorneys…lol.

“You can’t prevent bad things from happening. You CAN control how you react to them”.
You can also control how certain types of “information” can be used. Most importantly, you can control whether certain types of information can be used at all, particularly potentially damaging information. Rules of admissible evidence, hearsay evidence and numerous Statutes and Court Rules exist to prevent such nonsense from entering the legal process. A good attorney can strike most of the issues you mentioned. A great attorney can recover money damages in your favor. There are also many excellent Pro Se resources on the web if you are financially challenged…

I have studied human behavior my entire life. I am rather proficient in “reading people”, spotting “lies”, profiling and predicting behavior. The ability is not as glamorous as many seem to view it. It does result in a life of isolation in many aspects, as well as experiencing very few “surprises” regarding people’s behavior and actions.

For what it is worth, I believe most people are pretty predictable if you just focus on identifying their basic “Character” and “Moral Compass”. This will, in any given situation, (particularly when they attack you) predict the behaviors they would consider “ethical”, in advance of them taking action. In many cases those behaviors will also represent an “invitation” to respond with identical ethics, rather than your own. That is a life-changing mistake that I would never consider.

I would however, refuse to ever become a “victim”, or accept any negative consequences resulting from any unprovoked attack by another person (a relative or otherwise). I would simply feel obligated to respond with sufficient actions that repair any looming damage and penalize the perpetrator, as well as confidently convince him/her that engaging in any similar attacks in the future would result in immediate and severe consequences. Interestingly enough, it is like “forcing” the person to exhibit some “character”, even though they actually do not have a clue what the concept means. Lol

But hey, that’s just me tossing out my “two cents worth”…you owe me a penny…:love:

Marriage and relationships…”Great Fun for the Whole Family”, eh? :heehee:

eluuzion
04-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Couple of items that may have helped here.

1) Private Browsing. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Menu+Reference?bl=n&s=private%20viewing&as=q#Start_Private_Browsing Many browsers have this feature.

2) Anonymous Email Addresses.

Keep it it mind.

Liz

Warning people to be cautious with what they post on the “internet” is about as worn out as the saying “Don’t eat yellow snow”. If you post it, someone you wish did not not find it, will indeed find it, and probably eventually use it against you.

The difference now is what previously required a diligent and time consuming search of many resources, can now be achieved in seconds with the advances in data mining technology. Google has been replaced by Spokeo, Wink, Spock, ZabaSearch, Zillow and a host of other sites tailored to the dubious efforts of amateur private eyes and stalkers, determined to ruin peoples’ lives. Just add the (.com) to any of those listed and type in your name, phone or email.

Protecting your “personal data” is like working at a second job for free, but in my opinion, worth every minute. It is still possible to protect yourself, and choosing the right "pubic access" options to the posts/images you submit on each site you frequent, can help alot.
(Such as the excellent suggestions posted here by Liz!)

But hey, that’s just me…hide-n-seek is a fun game when no one finds you !