PDA

View Full Version : Ears Pierced

Toni
08-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi Girls,

10 days ago I told you that I was thinking of having my ears pierced and I received a lot of encouragment from a lot of you lovely ladies. Well yesterday I had the dreadfull deed done - both ears, didn't hurt a bit and at 63 it was a bit of an event for me. The lady who did them asked if I was sure I didn't just want the left one done but I told her it had to be both or nothing. Anyway I'm chuffed to bits with them and can't wait for the next six weeks to go over so I can put some lovely dangly ones in. Nobody has even given me a second glance and my grandchildren were curious for two minutes and then promptly forgot about them. If only I had had the nerve years ago!

Rachael Warren
08-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Congratulations, you'll love them.

Rachael. :thumbsup:

Natalie x
08-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Well done, Toni, from another 60 year old. It's great, isn't it?

I had both mine done two months ago. Like you, the lady who did them was just a little surprised that I wanted both done, but you hardly notice them being done.

Now both of us will have a chance to wear some really dangly earings.

Good for you.

Phillis
08-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I had my left ear done years agao, and finally went about a couple of months ago and had the right ear done. Nobody said a word about them yet, I am also a 63 yr old cross dresser and love to wear dangly ear rings. The fancier the better.

ChristineRenee
08-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Alright...way to go Toni! What an inspiration you are hon! My wife has finally agreed that I can get mine done now too so I will be getting mine done in a few weeks from now. And just when I think it can't get any better...Pattie is gonna take me out shopping for new earrings when she comes down to see me at the end of the month!. I can't freakin' wait either...just not enough o's in good to describe my life right now my sisters!:)

Mx Justina
08-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi Girls,

10 days ago I told you that I was thinking of having my ears pierced and I received a lot of encouragment from a lot of you lovely ladies. Well yesterday I had the dreadfull deed done - both ears, didn't hurt a bit and at 63 it was a bit of an event for me. The lady who did them asked if I was sure I didn't just want the left one done but I told her it had to be both or nothing. Anyway I'm chuffed to bits with them and can't wait for the next six weeks to go over so I can put some lovely dangly ones in. Nobody has even given me a second glance and my grandchildren were curious for two minutes and then promptly forgot about them. If only I had had the nerve years ago!

If both sides were done to your satisfaction...by all means, congratulate yourself!... Sometimes a minute millimeter's difference in incorrect positioning can be all the difference between exhiliration and sour dissatisfaction when gazing at the mirror.

I had one ear done by a female jewelry store owner with "OK" results (not bad positioning, but a literal millimeter better positioning would have been ideal)... My other ear I did on my own with a two-use hygienic kit bought at WalMart (US$10 approx). Did it quickly, nearly painlessly, and more precisely than the piercing done by the jewelry propriertor... No skin infections or allergic reactions with either, and both done many years ago.

J.

Natalie x
08-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Alright...way to go Toni! What an inspiration you are hon! My wife has finally agreed that I can get mine done now too so I will be getting mine done in a few weeks from now. And just when I think it can't get any better...Pattie is gonna take me out shopping for new earrings when she comes down to see me at the end of the month!. I can't freakin' wait either...just not enough o's in good to describe my life right now my sisters!:)
Christine, you won't regret it. It opens up a whole new door of dressing. :thumbsup:

Natasha Anne
08-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Never mind access to a whole new section of most department stores!

Good for you.

I was nervous wearing earrings to work, then I did that and got nervous about wearing them to conservative customers, especially with my slowly lengthening hair. Now I wear tiny white gold, diamond studs and very rarely, if ever, take them out. Call that baby steps if you like, but it worked. I still get nervous about them, and still get looks, but I go on.

I love them, and even when I'm in drab they remind me of the road I'm on.

Christine, you won't regret it. It opens up a whole new door of dressing. :thumbsup:

katie36
08-26-2005, 11:43 AM
had both my ears pierced a few years ago but only wear earrings when dressed. there is something about really large hoops. have just managed to get hold of a pair 4 inch diameter !

Katie Ashe
08-26-2005, 11:46 AM
:cheer: for you, I'm happy you got them done. Your not going to regret it at all. Congrads again. :thumbsup:

Lisa Golightly
08-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi Toni,

Remember to keep cleaning them and don't buy anything too heavy for the first few months ;) Congratulations... least you didn't faint like I did :)

parris james
08-26-2005, 03:03 PM
:eek: I'm getting a belly button pierced this week :nerves: Can't do my ears till I retire :mad:

Sara Kat
08-26-2005, 03:38 PM
:eek: I'm getting a belly button pierced this week
Lucky bitch! I want mine done too. :(

parris james
08-26-2005, 03:50 PM
I still have to pick out what I'm getting put in :p Something call a chadelier or something :whistle: I just know its BIG :love:

Bernadina
08-26-2005, 03:51 PM
:eek: I'm getting a belly button pierced this week :nerves: Can't do my ears till I retire :mad:

I had my ears done a few years back. The girl was a bit surprised when I said both. She took her time matching them up and did a great job. I wear small diamond studs full time when not dressed. And hardly anyone even notices.

Thinking also about the belly button thing and was comtemplating a belly button tattoo to compliment the piercing. Something for September after all the kids have gone back home.

parris james
08-26-2005, 03:56 PM
:) Yeah I have one Tat and am getting another The same day I get peirced :D It and ancient chinees symbol for SLAVE :love:

jessbcuzz
08-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Congrats! Are you going to yet your cartliage done as well? I've had my ears pierced since day one from graduating high school. I couldn't have it done under my parents roof. I had my ear cartliage pierced a few years ago, but it got infected. I haven't decided it I will do it again.

I want to get my belly button pierced as well. I just haven't had the time. I do want to get a tattoo on my lower back.

parris james
08-26-2005, 04:11 PM
No :mad: I can't get my ears done the way I want them cause they won't even let you wear studs at work :censor:

Stacie Stockman
08-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Just got mine done today... Took longer to fill out the form than it did to the actual work... I got small birthstone (Aquamarine) studs for mine...

Tedi
08-26-2005, 05:39 PM
God, I'm such a wimp. I want to get my ears pierced sooo much. Yeah, I know, what's stopping me.
Maybe soon.. Maybe soon. Sigh...

MelFoxxCd
08-26-2005, 06:52 PM
So far I have my ears peirced 7 times in the left and three in the right. I did them all myself. I had my navel peirced also, and am now thinking about nose and eyebrow peircings. I asm lucky enough that I can get away with it for work as, altthough only one person in company I work for knows about Melissa, the rest expect me to be unusual and strange. Being known as a gothic metalhead means I can get away with having my nails polished and if I go to work with traces of make up I just say that I went out clubbing the night before and thats fine with most.

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Ears only, nothing else for m thx :)

Sherrie
08-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Oh! I just wish I could get my ears pierced. My boss wont let any of the guys wear earrings, and it takes too long to heal. So I cant have it dont while I am on vaccation. I wish there was a way to get them done so it wasnt noticeable. Oh how I would love to wear regular earrings. So many pretty ones to choose from. Oh well I guess I'll have to stay with clips for now.

parris james
08-26-2005, 07:13 PM
AWWWW come on Trist I'll hold your hand :cry: :lol: :lol:

Lauren_T
08-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm gonna do both my ears soon, but as for anything else, I'm w/ Tristen on this.

Way I look at it, if God intended people to pierce eyebrows, nipples, navels, etc, then He would have put earlobes there! :p

__________________________________________________ _______
I have heard with admiring submission the experience of the lady
who declared that the sense of being perfectly well-dressed gives
a feeling of inward tranquility which religion is powerless to bestow.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Julie
08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Suddenly the selection of earrings seems endless! Enjoy!

Olivia
08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I had planned on getting both ears pierced early this summer but something came up. I can't wear earrings to work either so it as to be done at the start of my 10 week vacation so all's healed up by the time I go back to work. Oh well, I guess it will wait till next summer...I'll just keep clippin' em on! Later girls, O.

MaylinJane
08-26-2005, 10:11 PM
I have my ears pierced. Two in the left, one in the right. My wife is big into body piercing, it's not my thing at all, ears only for me. However, if you talk to a professional piercer, one that does body piercing, (they do ears too), you can get them to use clear studs to start you off, they're very hard to tell you've had them done unless you look real close. You'd have to leave them in for a month or so, then you can get clear spacers for when you not wearing your girly earrings.

May

Joanne_'jojo'
08-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Really really want my ears done too, but I think I'm gonna get my belly button done first.
I came very close to getting it done this week. We went on a short vacation, they had a piercing/tattoo shop in town and I made comments about doing something crazy and getting my belly butoon pierced and no negative comments, I've wanted to get it done ever since I used to compete in triathlons back in Engalnd.
Unfortunately the store was closed for renovations so I'm going to take a look at home.
We have some very cool shops down near the university area so I'm sure I could find something nice and sexy to put in.

Jojo.

robyn1114
08-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Parris I'm in the military and I was able to get my ears done. Yes it was a pain in the a$$, I had to take out the earrings everyday and pretty much repeirce them in the evening. after a while they did finally feel it just took longer

Robyn

MaylinJane
08-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to add that a touch of foundation or cover make-up over the clear studs or spacers will also help hide them too.

May

heather 35
09-06-2005, 09:52 AM
hiya.
just wanted to say had my ears pierced about 6 months ago now and it was the best thing i ever did. after that no stopping me. had naval pierced and then my nose. feels fantastic when you wear low cut jeans or a skirt. you can feel the eyes looking at you. so sexy

Rachael Warren
09-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Just thought I'd add that I got mine done when on holiday, both true girl style.

When I got back to work, with the gold studs, I had a few remarks and a lot of laughter, but other than the "What both" remarks and the sniggers it all soon quietened down.

Attitudes are changing slowly, and body piercing is now very commonplace.

I now wear a pair of rather feminine celtic earings most of the time, I only remove them when I am visiting clients in a professional capacity (when I remember, and I forget often :D ).

I do get some funny looks, but what the heck, I love them!

Enjoy!

Rachael. :)

suzi_cd
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Attitudes are changing slowly, and body piercing is now very commonplace.

I now wear a pair of rather feminine celtic earings most of the time, I only remove them when I am visiting clients in a professional capacity (when I remember, and I forget often :D ).

I do get some funny looks, but what the heck, I love them!

Enjoy!

Rachael. :)

you noticed that David Beckham wears two pearl ear rings (but he never seems to wear any others) and I dont hear people sniggering at him

suzi

xx

jolien
09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey girls. Just thought I would add my two cents. I got my belly button pierced about a year ago, and I absolutely love it. I really want to get my ears pierced, but because of work it is a bit of a problem. But I was wondering about being able to take them out for awhile, and if they would still heal. Maybe now I will get up the guts. By the way, the belly button does hurt pretty bad, when it is first done, but after a day or two, it is fine.

thawngPwincess
09-06-2005, 06:23 PM
i always kinda wanted my earsdone but im just lazy and ill probabaly never get around to it
maybe when im 60
haha
:(

tabitha_az
09-06-2005, 06:41 PM
are the holes noticeable? Do you have to wear earrings constantly until they heal. or can you pull them out during the work hours? Just wondering i couldnt get away wearing them at work...

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 01:37 AM
you noticed that David Beckham wears two pearl ear rings (but he never seems to wear any others) and I dont hear people sniggering at him

suzi

xx

Hi Suzi, exactly my point, people talk about his, they don't laugh.

Incidently the in joke at home here is that he copied me!

LOL, Rachael. :)

parris james
09-07-2005, 02:38 AM
:rolleyes: I'll get it done this week end :)

Lauren_T
09-07-2005, 10:46 AM
:rolleyes: I'll get it done this week end :)
Now, THAT'S the spirit! :thumbsup:

size7satin
09-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I just dont get it ..... Where i work no males are to have "body jewelry" yet the owners son who works & gets paid the same as I and everyone else is pierced all over ears, nose, lip & eyebrow.

I have sence pierced my belly button and this year for my birthday i did both nipples. I want to get the ears done SOON, and am thinking of using the clear post whlie they heal. I have been told by tattoo shops that the body doesn't heal as well with the clear acrilic. Has anyone else tryed or used the clear studs?

DonnaT
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I still plan to get my done, if I can get my wife to agree. Then I figure I'll use clear fishing line or a pair of Earrs Pierced Ear Protectors (http://www.earrs.com/cgi-bin/eStore/index.cgi?cart_id=5553840.56373&pid=120&product=Accessories) to keep the holes open while they heal when at work.

Lindahexi
09-07-2005, 05:18 PM
I had mine done just last week, my wife dared me to get them done, and to my amazement she chose the small diamond studs and insisted on paying for them. Here in the UK earings or studs are now commonplace on guys.

Samantha Jane
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I had mine done just last week, my wife dared me to get them done, and to my amazement she chose the small diamond studs and insisted on paying for them. Here in the UK earings or studs are now commonplace on guys.

A while ago, my wife suggested me getting my other ear pierced and I didn't need telling twice. Well apart from checking see if any other guys at work had both ears pierced. And as Linda says it commom place for guys in the UK to wear two studs/earings, well it is, if where I work is anything to go by. :)

Lauren_T
09-11-2005, 04:29 PM
You'd never guess just who ran off to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought the $10 ear-piercing kit! (Thx, Mx Justina!)

I'm sitting here looking at it now.

I would have already 'done the deed,' if I had a general anaesthetic!

Alas, Tristen had to polish off what was left of the Southern Comfort, so I'll have to see just how numb five bottles of hard cider'll get me... :(

Lauren_T
09-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Uh, and...

Parris? (Weekend's almost over!) ;)

Kelly_TGirl
09-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Mandie wants me to get mine done, im in two minds at the moment, depends if she buys me any gorgeous earings!

Lauren_T
09-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Mandie wants me to get mine done, im in two minds at the moment, depends if she buys me any gorgeous earings!
Lucky gel, I'm doing right nice when I can even be of one mind...

I did it all backward-like, me. Built up a collection, about 10 pair now, I think. Now when the 6 weeks is over, in what'll feel like 6 months, I'll be, as the Texians say, good to go... :thumbsup:

hjt101
09-12-2005, 08:55 AM
I have had mine pierced for a while. I was very nervous about it at first. I just had my left one done. But at that time, guys didn't wear rings in both ears, the left/right hole thing was very big. People were very judgemental.

The first conversation I had around the office about them was just after I had the third pair of holes done in each. One of the women commented how she liked the earrings i had been wearing the week before. It was quite arousing.

Now I wear 3 rings in each lobe, a ring up near the top of each ears, plus a small stud in my left nostril. No negative comments yet!

So if you want to get them done, go for it! Just be conservative about what you wear in them while at work.