PDA

View Full Version : a cd epiphany

kaleyg
04-02-2010, 06:38 PM
maybe you've all experienced this already, but something really interesting has been happening as i've been going further along with makeup, clothes and pics. i've begun to notice imperfections and quirks about my face and body that i never saw before in my life. for instance, i've noticed that my mouth looks just slightly off center, and that i have an area under my left eye that makes me look like i have a blackeye when i'm wearing makeup. i could go on and on. anyone else experience this?

one conclusion i can draw from this: this is evidence that we hold women, even if the woman is ourself, to a much higher standard of scrutiny. of course, this is probably a platitude -- society has rehashed this mantra for decades -- but now ive EXPERIENCED it.

can anyone relate?

Alice B
04-02-2010, 06:54 PM
How true that is. As a male we don't really give much of a hoot about such minor details. But when it is time to allow the female in us out of the bag we quickly realize we have a long way to go baby. But, the joy is in the adventure and the better we do the more fun we have. Accept nothing less than perfection and you will never be lacking in your efforts.

JustWendy
04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Kaley, I think it's a function of how much time we spend in front of a mirror. As a guy, I've walked out of the house with soap still on my earlobes from shaving. I probably wouldn't look in a mirror all day if there wasn't one over the bathroom sink. But spend time looking close up in a mirror everyday doing your makeup and you're going to notice everything. And then throughout the day you're checking your hair and makeup. Plus, there are so many more things that can go wrong once you start wearing makeup. For a guy, his face is his face. When you add makeup to the mix, then you question everything - did you put on too much, not enough, wrong shade, color outside the lines, you have too many lines, and on and on.

Wendy

sherri52
04-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Your becoming a woman. The more we dress and act like women the more we actually become one. Have you ever known a woman that was sastified with her appearance. We look for flaws and most of the time that flaw looks 100 times worse to us than it really is.

Sarah_K
04-02-2010, 07:53 PM
OMG totally! I haven't really tried full makeup yet other than once which doesn't really count, but I do lipstick a lot and noticed that one side of my lower lip is not the same height as the other side.

SuzanneBender
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
I have yet to notice any flaws and you if believe that I have a pink bridge to sell you.

I look in the mirror and I see huge flaws that not one else notices when I am in guy mode and well in girl mode thank goodness for concealer. :D

Women are held to a higher standard when it comes to our looks. Men are expected to have those flaws. I think some called it rugged. I just call it poor skin maintenance. :heehee:

gabimartini
04-02-2010, 10:44 PM
You bet... I see more flaws than I care to count! :)