PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination on YouTube?

Jessica Who
04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey everyone,

I need to vent a little and I also need some support. I'm confused because I just received a warning e-mail from YouTube that my video "Transvestite Phone Sex?!" may not be family-friendly.

Okay, valid argument. However, when I did a search on YouTube for "phone sex" I see other prominent YouTube videos with "phone sex" in the title and plenty of support from the website.

I won't embed my video here (it's in the pictures & video forum) but if you've seen it you'll know that there's nothing explicit or vulgar about it. I would rate it a PG-13 but nowhere near an 'R'. It's a parody on the whole "what are you wearing" cliched phone sex question and how a cross-dresser would respond :).

I'm upset because one of my goals is to make videos that will A) entertain my community B) entertain others outside the community

B) is a goal because I want people to see my videos, laugh and look past the fact that I am transgendered. I want them to appreciate the comedy without worrying about my biology.

I refuse to curse or swear in my comedy videos because I think I'm funny without it and I want to take the safest route possible. In YouTube's eyes it's probably bad enough that my videos contain the word cross-dresser so I don't want to push the envelope any further, at least not now.

So, am I being discriminated against? Should I remove the word cross-dresser/transvestite from my videos and just use the more accepted 'transgender' for now?

Thanks for listening...

Jessica

Shelly Preston
04-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I would say the title alludes to adult material

That's why they are saying its not family friendly

Maybe you should ask if they will explain in more detail

kellycan27
04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
There are tons of cross dresser and transsexual videos on you tube. Did they ban your video or just warn you that it may be offensive to some family members? I am guessing that it's a standard warning that is automatically sent out when their software detects certian key words. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you are being discriminated against unless maybe your video is in fact banned. My advice is to take a dep breath and wait and see if anything happens before getting everyone heres panties in a bunch...by hollering DISCRIMINATION.

Kel

OOPs! I forgot to mentionn...... I loved it, and so did my b/f. Keep um comin.

Cassandra Lynn
04-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Yea, i agree with Kelly, and i have seen the video Jessica and loved it. Like Kelly said there are all kinds of vids with CDing in the title so if anything the words phone sex, probably just set off a simple warning. Wouldn't sweat it if i was you. BTW keep up the good work, humor is a good thing and your right it is as good as anything to enlighten the public. mj (Cassie)

Jessica Who
04-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks, I'm going to be more careful with how I title my videos from now on, I've changed the name of this one to simply "Phone Operator" and have removed all sex references from the description.

:love::hugs:

Thanks for the support and love, I really appreciate it

- JW

Jessy
04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
To be honest, I don't deal with Youtube anymore for quite some time when it comes to video hosting. So much is being removed for the most nonsense reasons, or worse, people post videos and suddenly they end up being restricted to certain countries.

And then there's the Youtube community. Few good comments, but 90% are kids that have nothing better to do than swearing and badmouthing and laughing in a negative way about anything at all you're sharing.

I'd just consider finding another host.

SandraAbsent
04-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Saw the video too would say its offensive in the least bit, i laughed so hard i blew milk through my nose!

Alice Torn
04-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Good idea, changing the title. No worry now!

jenifer m.
04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
just use some stupid overly frendly sounding titles in stead.jessica i for some reason thought you were from chicago.oh well.

Presh GG
04-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I thought it was very funny, loved it. I've seen worse on prime-time TV.

Keep up the good work

Presh GG

ReineD
04-04-2010, 01:10 AM
It is all about keywords used in search terms. Maybe when a title has the word "sex" in it, it gets flagged for the over 18 crowd, no matter the content?

insearchofme
04-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Just saw the video, what a hoot! Loved it!

Sarah_GG
04-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I would say the title alludes to adult material

That's why they are saying its not family friendly

Maybe you should ask if they will explain in more detail

I'd say the same too. I looked at the video last week and thought it was very funny! Perhaps change the title?

NathalieX66
04-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I saw it on youtube, I thought it was hysterically funny, epecially the grovelly creepy voice of the male caller. :Thornton:
I found myself identifying with it because I'm such a clothes horse.

DonnaT
04-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Someone who saw it, expecting a GG, probably complained. I reckon if youtube had a problem with it, then they'd have made it login accessible only.

VikkiVixen7188
04-05-2010, 10:30 PM
There are a lot of CD and Tranny natured videos. Its not that aspect of it they are upset about.

tiffanyjo89
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
A lot of the people who complain about videos like this are the ones who want to complain because a teenage girl gets raped because she violated rule number one of internet dating, don't go to meet the guy alone...

People these days try to protect their children too much...I am fully supportive of protecting your children, and am fully against exploitation of children, but I hate when my internet usage is hindered because of some stupid kids in the past.

Vickie_CDTV
04-06-2010, 01:57 PM
It may not be directed at you or your video itself. They probably have a bot that searches through all the titles of people's video looking for potentially offensive words of phrases. If it finds a title that meets a certain threshold it might send out an automated warning email to the poster.

EllieOPKS
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Here is a link to the You Tube guidelines. Hope this helps.
Ellie

http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines

sherri52
04-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm with you Jessica, there are many video's with a content much worse than yours. Unfortunately they may only be talking about the title because it hasn't been deemed for adults over the age of 18.