PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of dressing for a dance somewhere.

Alice Torn
04-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Went to another hetero singles club dance tonight, and was very disappointed again, by the lack of gg's there, and none were tall like me. Did not dance once. Many were paired up. This has been the pattern at these dances for some time, now. GG's don't ask me to dance, but once a year or so, but, they are "rained on" with male attention! For some of us fellows, it has been a dry desert, of female attention! More and more, i am considering going to some dance, as Louise! I would get to experience what it must be like, to be wanted, asked to dance often, and hit on! The opposite of being "just another bloke." Trouble is, I don't like super loud modern music, or crowds! I wish there was a tg friendly place, where the music isn't cranked up so loud, that you can't even hear yourself! I really don't want to meet guys, then go get have sex, but, to actually be wanted, asked for dances, desired, would be such a thrilling experience, the opposite, of being in drab, at singles dances. Any of you relate?

Persephone
04-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Are there guys at the dances that are taller than you? I'd hate to stick a pin in a desire, but is it likely that taller girls get asked more often?

You're probably already aware of it, but there is Tall Clubs International (http://www.tall.org/), with 50 chapters and a couple of thousand members across the U.S. and Canada. They even have a contest for Miss Tall International®. Perhaps there is a chapter near you?

Magickman
04-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Not just once a year, but almost every week, my singles social dance club holds a social dance party, with a live band. I attend these events two or three times a month.

As a general rule, the fellows who want to dance, have to ask the women, although some women will ask men.

Usually, I dress up for the dances, appearing as a man in a skirt and heels. Many of the women will dance with me, anyway, demonstrating that there is no accounting for taste.

I enjoy the tall girls, up to around 6 feet. The mechanics of dance movements do not work so well, though, when the woman is much taller than the man.

When I wear heels of 4" to 5", I avail myself of more of the taller women, which works for me.

There is usually a relatively balanced sex ratio, but lots of heavy gals. I like the smaller ones who I can spin and toss around.

My clothing style makes me the odd duck at the dance parties. But I meet more women, when I am dressed. In drab, I am just another short guy, while in 5" heels and a short skirt, I am over 5' 10", and a genuine sight to behold.

Dances are fun, if you achieve the right frame of mind.

Alice Torn
04-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Yeah, dances have been a ot of fun, at times, and other times, a bummer. I like senior citizens type music, so, maybe i should go to a nursing home dance! I am a depressive intillectual emotional, meloncholy , super complex moody odd person. A lot of it is my fault, not being a groupy person, and being nervous around people, even in drab. Also, tons of heavy things on my mind, like my brothers in prison, and, having to move 1900 miles to go take care of my dad, who always resented me. I seldom go out in the world dressed as a gal, but, would like to try going to a cd friendly club or dance at least once. Many eyes would be on me, I know, especially, at six foot nine or ten, in heels! Being a bit of a loner and introvert, it will take nerve. Thanks for the input.

Jessy
04-04-2010, 02:14 PM
In my experience, singles clubs seem about the worst place to meet someone. Rarely any decent women shows up there at all, and if they do they're overrun by the amount of single males, that they either take a hint not to come again, or aren't single anymore about 5 minutes later :heehee: (at least in my area)

Like you, I also prefer a bar where you can sit and the music allows you to chat with people. Still I do like it if there's a dancefloor that's being used. I just love dancing. But I don't go out much at all anymore. I'm always alone (friends are all married with children and don't go out anymore) and it seems that most other people show up in their own groups, often not really waiting for strangers to just join their groups...

Alice Torn
04-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Jessy, dittos on the singles clubs, or dances. I am going on 56, and find, that there is competing for what few gg's are there, between men, in their 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70's!!!!!!! It has always seemed to me, since age 19, that there are far more men seeking ggs, than ggs seeking men! We've heard that women outnumber men, but, at most singles clubs, or dances, men always outnumber women! I have never been to any club dressed yet. I am not a bar/club type, but, my fantasy is to try it once. I may regret it later, but, i would like to experience a dance, from a lady's viewpoint, being asked a lot, rather than being just another unwanted bloke!

Jessy
04-04-2010, 03:20 PM
I actually have experienced being the lady in dances more than once. But that's a different story, not really related to being a cd.

And yeah I recognize what you say. I've read it too that there's apparently more women around than men, I just don't think they go to singles dance nights to meet a man. Many aren't even looking for one at all.

JenniferR771
04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Meet someone at an online matching service--many choices. Works well for a shy person who can type well. Big help if you are in a new city and don't know anyone.

windycissy
04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Have you considered square dancing? It's not as lame as it sounds: there are lots of GLBT square dancing clubs throughout the country, where guys dance the girls part and you'll be more than welcome if you show up in a gingham skirt and petticoat...I met a lot of cool guys this way and loved being the belle of the ball:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8ce23b3127ccec5117c6d196a00000040O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Alice Torn
04-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks Windy. That is surprising to me! I have square danced in drab, a number of times in the 1980's, with the church i was with then. No GLBT's would have been there! I think of square dancing, and i think of Grand Ol Opry, very conservative people! Actually, i am quite old fashioned too, in drab guy mode, but love to dress up! Go figure! We come in all types. I am surprised you say there are a number of alternative square dances! I will be moving across the country soon, to take care of my very ornery old dad, and may not be able to dress up, for some time. It will be a tough time for me, in every way, and, i suffer depression, and bipolar, nervous disorder.

PretzelGirl
04-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Have you considered square dancing? It's not as lame as it sounds: there are lots of GLBT square dancing clubs throughout the country,

I haven't been to one of these groups, but I looked up an old friend on Facebook and found this link on his page:

http://www.lcfd.org/

There are other similar groups listed on this page, so maybe there is one listed that is in your area.