PDA

View Full Version : Developing on from dressing

Gillian
04-04-2010, 04:13 AM
OK so I have been dressing for years and taking a few short times where I can. I recently go myself some foundation powder blush etc etc, and now I find that any time I dress I feel the absolute need to use foundation as well otherwise I feel naked?

I am quite surprised by this new twist on an old theme and have also noticed I am constantly thinking about how I can get some silicone breast forms despite looking at Yahoogle cannot seem to locate a Scottish retailer handy, so may have to resort to desperate measures and go in and ask!!!

Have any of you other girls noticed that increase in accessories and make up as you develop your persona?

Mackenzie
04-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Gillian,
Yes, as Mackenzie has progressed, so has her the size of her makeup bag changed, to a larger one! She has more earings, rings, bracelets, etc. It will naturally happen as you go along.

My GG Ms Susie (on the forum) took me shopping yesterday morning and picked out some rings for me, two dresses and a tunic. She has never done that for me before and it was really special!

Mackenzie

Gillian
04-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Goodness, that sounds like a wonderful day, I am so happy for you.

Roberta Young
04-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Gillian if you get to my age you will find yourself buying a sears tool cabinet to hold all of your makeup. make sure it has large wheels to roll around. luv Roberta

Tina B.
04-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Well from a girl with two jewelry boxes, 6 wigs, two make up bags, plus a travel make up kit, all full. I would have to say yes, it grows and grows. After all you just can't wear the same lipstick color with everything, or eye shadow.
necklace need to match, lengths need to work with different neck lines. how can accessories not grow to keep up with wardrobe. Then there are lighted mirrors for make up application, belts, shoes, scarves. There really is no end to it, no wonder so many women love to shop.
Tina B.

t-girlxsophie
04-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't work out,except when I lift my Wife's handbag up,Every new bag she buys gets bigger and heavier.And the many wierd and wonderful items she puts in it is unbelievable,I excpect to find Shergar,Lord Lucan and the kitchen sink in there one of these days:D

Sarah Doepner
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
When I began crossdressing everything I owned could fit in a shoebox. Now I need half the closet and have cosmetics, pads, speciality tools and clothing items that would have seemed so exotic at one time and now are absolutely essential parts of my kit.

kayesimone
04-04-2010, 11:33 AM
for me it went from a shoebox of things to LOTS of things and now i am a bit more picky about my trying new things. i guess i had to find a style and look i liked and now i shop in that range...but of course something new always seems to pop up. i actually use a second bedroom and bathroom for all my stuff! putting on foundation is when i get in touch with how i feel and let that guide my makeup...it's the best! enjoy!

Loni
04-04-2010, 01:13 PM
i am always having to get one more thing.
something else for the makeup box, aka: the bathroom. (and it is a big one lots of shelf space).

but it's just one top.
but for breast forms check out sherry-stephaine here on the fourm. great product, low cost. not sure what is on your side on the water...

if one was to ship person to person would that be import taxed?
as she is not a "company" labeled shipper.

Loni

Mandy
04-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Today has been the first day I have experimented with makeup:o :heehee:Started off with a little moisteriser, Armed with my foundation brush that I bought from Sainsburys yesterday, I used / borrowed some of my OH's New "Maybellene" Ivory 24hr Foundation, wow, did I look & feel good, only prob, I didnt have any eyeshadow, I put on a little lippy & wiggy, Result :battingeyelashes:

Gillian
04-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Way to go Mandy!! Trust me it's incredibly addictive though,,,,

I "NEED" to get silicone forms,,,,,,,,,

gabimartini
04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
I am constantly thinking about how I can get some silicone breast forms despite looking at Yahoogle cannot seem to locate a Scottish retailer handy

What about Amoena's online UK store?

http://www.amoena-online.co.uk

Annaliese2010
04-04-2010, 04:41 PM
...Have any of you other girls noticed that increase in accessories and make up as you develop your persona?No, I don't try to be a woman - just to discover and better express what I am - a sort of melding of male & female expression - a hybridization - somewhere in between. Obviously male, but femme components to my 'look' that go beyond the 'norm'. Can't deny them, I mean I have lil breasts and nips that preclude me from being just another guy, let alone the presence or in-dwelling of some female-type thinking/feeling/mannerisms that are cool to express but about which I can easily (and have to) suppress most of the time. No biggie. I mean, I have silicone forms but don't hardly ever wear 'em - actually didn't intend to buy 'em in the 1st place but felt pressured to so as not to disappoint the Botique owner around x-mastime when I went there... was like aww... wanted to see her smile not be long-faced for not making the sale (even tho I spent a ton on clothes and a make-over, same visit). But I know a lot of ppl have it all to a more pronounced degree. Just goes to show not all CD/TG's are alike I guess.

Cathytg
04-05-2010, 01:03 AM
I also have greatly increased my wardrobe and my accessories and make-up etc.. I call it progress. Someone else would call it spendy.

Gillian
04-05-2010, 03:59 AM
What about Amoena's online UK store?

http://www.amoena-online.co.uk

Thats exactly what I am looking for but in Scotland:D

RachelPortugal
04-05-2010, 04:09 AM
I "NEED" to get silicone forms,,,,,,,,,

Hey, sorry Gillian. I just won a pair in Sherry-Stephanie's competition. I would donate my old ones to you but they are split.

xx:hugs:

Rachael

Ruth
04-05-2010, 06:23 AM
I definitely agree that as time goes on and you want more and more to look the part, some makeup becomes an essential part of CDing.
And of course a lot of women believe they are not fully dressed for outdoors unless they have their 'face' on.
I think it's slightly different for us CDers because we have got more to cover up. When I do barefaced CDing I look too much like a guy in a dress.

Jenny Doolittle
04-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi Gillian,
Yes, I have found myself wanting more (thinking, I need this or that to complete a look) I now have a makeup bag that has more then my wife's, a collection of my own jewlery and so on...

The interesting thing has been that thought before buying, where will I ever wear this? Like before I ever went out dressed other then under my boy clothes I bought a pair of Capris. I rationalized that it would be fun to wear around the house. It wasn't 1 month before I just had to go shopping in my capri pants and cute sandals.

So, just enjoy shopping and being yourself

suchacutie
04-05-2010, 12:10 PM
And it's logical too! We found Tina only 5 years ago, and the learning/experience curve has been pretty steep. On day 1 I knew nothing!!! I could barely walk in heels! No makeup, no wig, no forms, no bra...it's hard to imagine now.

A bra and forms and wig was the next hurdle for me, at about 4 months. With that Tina started to begin to understand who she might be, and at 8 months she was introduced to mascara and eye liner and eye shadow, and lipstick. It was another 2 years before the idea of blush and powder, and then my wife told Tina she needed a color-matched foundation. Off I went, in drab, to a Mac counter to get matched concealer, foundation and powder (year 3). All of this was driven by Tina slowly understanding who she is, and developing herself, along with my darling wife explaining those next steps.

My wife explained it to me as the parallel process to a young girl going through adolescence, a time when they form their sense of self as a woman, trying out all these things, breasts included, along with a sense of clothes and style.

Once we get all these style issues down, and have moved into young adulthood en femme, it's expected that this constant augmentation will slow to a normal evolution over time!

Anyway, that's how my wife explained it and she seems to have pegged Tina's changes perfectly!

BTW, I got forms online and it worked very well.

Have fun!

tina

t-girlxsophie
04-06-2010, 06:01 PM

Not sure If you got pvt message I sent,but you should try Hide and Sleek online (sorry don't know how to paste etc yet) Its situated in Kinghorn,Fife and has everything to help you,you could do worse than look them up,some of their services are a little pricey but worth a look
Sophie xx

gabimartini
04-06-2010, 06:16 PM

I know... I think they deliver in Scotland, too!