PDA

View Full Version : Well I've Went and Did It Now!!

Danielle Gee
04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi Girls: As some as you may know, My Sweetie and I were going "All out" for Easter this year. We both bought new dresses for the occasion and some new accesseries for both of us.

I got up early this AM and began slicing onions,celery and green peppers to be used in the traditional Easter meal of Red Beans and rice (just kidding about the traditional part)

After getting everything started we both took a shower,then shaved, primped and perfumed to the max!! After wich we both donned our new dresses. I gotta say, we both looked pretty good.

After a leasurely dinner and drinks we decided to take some photos, including some in our rather secluded back yard. The Daffodils and Tulios are in full bloom and perfect for posing next to. Not all, but most of the 10-15 photos were perfect.

Since family was scheduled to visit @ 6 , we soon went inside and I reverted back to drab (BFH) Having and hour or so to spare I decided to load the photos into the photo editing program in my PC.

THEN IT HAPPPENED ......DISASTER

A power outage ( about 1/2 hour). And somehow all the photos in my camera (which was hooked to the PC) and the ones I thought had been copied, flew out into cyber-space never to be seen by me again. I'm fairly computer literate and I've spent almost an hour trying to recover them,,,,No luck!!

So my question for you folks is: When is the next major holiday that I can use as an excuse for wearing my Easter dress??

Danielle:brolleyes:

Staci G
04-04-2010, 04:43 PM
That is an easy one Danielle, Monday! I think anyday you have an opportunity to dress should be a holiday:heehee: But really I think Memorial day is the next big one. But you really should consider Monday.

Kiera79
04-04-2010, 04:55 PM
They should still be on your camera memory or memory card.

Freddy12
04-04-2010, 05:02 PM
There is no need to wait for the next holiday. You both should dress in your Easter Best as soon as you want to - Monday would not be too soon!

Freddy

Missy Tanya
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Hope you find those pictures, but what a great way to spend part of Easter.
I was telling the wife just this morning how fun it would be to get all dolled up and go to church, then a nice set down brunch. Just thinking of all those cute women dressed in their Sunday best was almost too much this morning.

But the weather here is cold and windy, so just hanged around home with the daughter and granddaughter. Now here with you all. Still a good day. Just not as exciting.

Tanya

Kaz
04-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Regard it as an opportunity! You can relive the experience - and take the photos again...

It could be one of those "affirming moments" so many of us dream about?

Kaz xx :hugs:

sissystephanie
04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Danielle, if the power was off, as you said, the pictures did not go anywhere! They couldn't have totally gone, especially without a power source! As someone already stated, they will still be on the chip in the camera!

But you both put your dresses on Monday and take some more!! Why wait??

5150 Girl
04-04-2010, 07:07 PM
They should still be on your camera memory or memory card.

Taht was my first thought to...

Frédérique
04-04-2010, 07:32 PM
So my question for you folks is: When is the next major holiday that I can use as an excuse for wearing my Easter dress??

Make your own holiday – do it tomorrow. You don’t need an excuse to wear your Easter dress. There are no rules, DIY, be your own boss, make it up as you go along, you’re responsible for your own happiness, etc. Come to think of it, put it on now! Don’t wait for tomorrow. I’m here to help, you know…:heehee:

Remember the good old days of film cameras, when there was little or no chance of losing your precious images (except in the case of gross negligence)? Your “power outage” story scares me – I’ve often thought about this possibility…:eek:

Angie G
04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I'd say Easter Monday.I think it's a Canadian holiday hun.:hugs:
Angie

NathalieX66
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Have another Easter Sunday, and say it was the real Easter Sunday.....who's gonna notice? :rc:

julia ann
04-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Danielle, I have a great idea for you. Lets celebrate Post Easter Monday and dress again to take more pictures, what are the chances of another power outage.

Madilyn A.
04-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Danielle, Sorry you had a power outage. I'll bet the power outage cannot wipe out the great memories you and Sweetie made today. But as many of the girls said, Easter Monday is a great holiday and reason to wear your pretty dresses.....Hugs Madilyn

DonnaT
04-05-2010, 10:57 AM
There are a number of file recovery programs available.

Like PCTools (http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/?ref=google_fr&gclid=CLrYnNj176ACFcN05Qod9xEiFw)