PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

Charlotte O'toole
04-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Hello Ladies,
Long time listener, First time caller. I have been reading these forums for a long time now and have gained a lot from the advice I have read here and I finally have the courage to post a question myself.

I have the "chance" of going out Saturday Night and I am wondering where is a safe place to go? (DFW area) I am new to this whole "leaving the safety of my house" thing so I am sure I wont be the most beautiful one around, but as they say, the only way to get to carnegie hall...

so, assuming the stars all line up right and this chance becomes reality, any suggestions or opinions on places I could go where I would only be half terrified? Anything going on in the DFW area Saturday night that would be worth going to?

Thanks again ladies for all the advice I have received already, and any you can pass on now.

Charlotte

Katesback
04-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Well Phillis and I went to the gun range last Fridan night. I would say to you that you can go wherever you wish as long as you convey confidence. Ya remember watching Animal Planet? When the preditors are hungry what herd animals do they go after? Usually it is the weak and frail. The same thing applies to people. You act weak and out of place and the preditors will circle you!

KAtie

Billijo49504
04-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Most of the gurls start out going for a walk or drive at night. Go to the drive thru or to a Stop N' Robfor somethig that doesn't require your ID. If you feel real brave, go shopping for gurly things. But be brave, hold your head high and above all, have fun....BJ

DonnaT
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Dallas has anti-discrimination laws for trans folk, so, you can go where you want.

See http://www.transgender.org/lntsss/org.html for some contacts in Dallas.

StaceyJane
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
It really depends on how comfortable you are and what you like. There are several gay clubs in Dallas where trans people regularly go to.

If your not ready for that try something a little calmer like a late night visit to a bookstore or even Walmart. You really shouldn't have any trouble at either one.

tamarav
04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
First of all, Welcome to the forum!

Where to go, always the burning question. Find a gay/lesbian bar, anyplace drag shows occur, a club that caters to the techno crowd, or a mall. Go where you will be safe and where you have support in case you might need it.

Stay safe and have fun is the only real requisite.

Your new sis,

Tami

Charlotte O'toole
04-06-2010, 07:09 AM
thanks for the advice, I'm sure I can do some digging on the web and find a club where I might see a friendly face

Charlotte

melissacd
04-06-2010, 07:47 AM
You will be surprised at the number of places that you can go once you have built up your confidence. Most public places during the day are fine. I agree with the comment about expressing your confidence, acting as if it is perfectly normal for you to be there. I also agree that you need to walk before you can run so small steps that build confidence are always good.

Eventually, when you do this enough without any major incident you will find that you have no trouble doing this whenever you feel the desire to just get out there in public. Success breeds more success.

Be more wary of your surroundings. Do not go anywhere dangerous. Be safe and also enjoy the experience.