PDA

View Full Version : Big head gets us read... oh well.

Ria
04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Ever notice that as gorgeous as some CD girls are, as soon as they are next to a GG their man size head and or face kinda wrecks it.

I bought the cutest wig (shoulder lenth/ Jennifer Annisten on friends look) But when I put it on, the beautiful hair made my face look too big.

What i found was that if I tease out and add volume to the hair it brings everything into proportion... ahhh pretty again.

I'm sure this is old news to the veteran ladies.

This doesn't change the fact that if you're an average male you shouldn't stand next to tiny girls at a club... which is ashame. If you don't want to be instantly "read" that is.

For me, I'm very happy with my female look but I'm not really fooling anyone up close, I know that. I think I look like a really pretty guy. hah!

ellenwannabe
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
I guess we just have to chose a wig and style it to accent our facial features - and as long as we're happy with how we look that's what really matters - enjoy - Ellen

victoriamwilliams1
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I guess we just have to chose a wig and style it to accent our facial features - and as long as we're happy with how we look that's what really matters - enjoy - Ellen

I agree with the wig selections! I would also suggest going for the lace front wigs as they move the hairline.

Now big heads is not a big clue, I have seen so many different styles of women on both sides. I suggest to take a day and look at women and you will be surprised at what you see! I look just like my GG cousin on a few photos and we have very similar head structures.

Tina B.
04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
I agree with the wig selections! I would also suggest going for the lace front wigs as they move the hairline.

Now big heads is not a big clue, I have seen so many different styles of women on both sides. I suggest to take a day and look at women and you will be surprised at what you see! I look just like my GG cousin on a few photos and we have very similar head structures.

I have to agree with Victoria, stop comparing yourself with little tiny girls and find one about your size, then see if that still holds up. As for wig style, if you go to a site that sells wigs, most will have a thing that tell you how to find the right shape hairdo for your face shape. I know we all seem to have a fantasy view of what a women looks like, but in truth not all women are small and dainty, just the ones we want to look like, but then so do a lot of women that are tall, "large boned", or have to large a nose, don't like their chin, or any of the other things we worry about. So we do what women everywhere do, learn to use make up to accent what you like, and to camouflage what you don't, to tall wear flats, too short try taller heels, or wedges. To heavy wear looser style clothing. Women have been doing this for years and it works. And if you are going to stand next to a GG in the clubs, pick the biggest plainest girl in the joint, then maybe that will make you look small and cute.
Tina B.

Lexine
04-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I have a pretty big face too. In fact, I'm constantly reminded by my stylist friend about it when going out in guy mode when we're shopping! But from what she and I discovered, that doesn't necessarily decrease our passability as femmes. This was a huge... no pun intended... concern for me when I decided to attempt to do this sort of thing.

You can always use makeup to contour your face and make it smaller than what it is. My friend found that using a bronzer and fading it just below my jawline and putting some on my neck helped make my face a little bit smaller than what it really is. I also agree with the girls here with selecting wigs. There are ways to use wigs to control the contour of the face as well as make it smaller.

Either way, don't worry! Many women come in all shapes and sizes. The best way to approach this is to work with what you have and find out what you can do about it. You'd be surprised how many ways cosmetics/wigs/etc can solve a particular concern. I personally think that this is why we dress up... there's just so many more options for girls than guys!

Sarah Doepner
04-05-2010, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Fastchanger;2102516This doesn't change the fact that if you're an average male you shouldn't stand next to tiny girls at a club... which is ashame. If you don't want to be instantly "read" that is.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of the, uh, 'big boned' girls. It's not just my head, but my entire body that is too large. I recently found that I couldn't stand near some of the other crossdressers in my support group because I'm so much bigger than they are. Oh well, it hasn't stopped me yet and I still love the experience so all you short folks, watch out. I'm not going away.

Jessica Who
04-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I have a HUGE head and I've found that a nice long wig with a decent amount of volume makes me head and face look a bit smaller

t-girlxsophie
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
|Would be perfect if I passed,but you gotta just make the best job you can,Dont let it stop you being who you want to be.Maybe you can find a Wig retailer nearby who can help you find that Perfect One