PDA

View Full Version : Blew the perfect opportunity.

VikkiVixen7188
04-05-2010, 11:31 PM
So mother and I are watching RuPaul Drag Race on Logo tonight, and I know my mom is cool with alternitive lifestyles I just have no idea how she would handle it when its her own son...

She says "You know I would be totally OK if you did that."

I shoulda said "Cool, cause I do do that."

but I wimped out...

Maybe Next time lol

Katie1234
04-05-2010, 11:33 PM
What you could do is call her and say that you forgot to tell her etc.

VikkiVixen7188
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
lol Im in college I live with her lol.

Katie1234
04-05-2010, 11:38 PM
uh-oh now u have NO excuse

Kara Connor
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I think she knows and is giving you an opening to tell her. You should go for it!

VikkiVixen7188
04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
She doesnt know... She knows there is something about me that isnt quite average but she has no idea what it is lol.

Midnight Skye
04-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah my mom did that during a showing of one of those talk shows when they were showing MtF transgendered people. I also chickened out... actually I was so chicken it didn't even cross my mind at the time. I finally came out though after moving out of the house... and I have to say, it was freaking HARD. She was completely great though.

ReineD
04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
I think she knows too. Moms sense these things. Especially now vs. 30 years ago when the CDing was virtually unheard of.

I love my sons so much that if one of them CDed, I would want him to feel free to let me know. I may be afraid that he should suffer because of societal bias, but I would not want him to feel so ashamed that he felt he couldn't tell anyone.

Moms do love their children unconditionally, and they know that even if only one person knows, it can make all the difference. :hugs:

NathalieX66
04-06-2010, 12:01 AM
My mom used to be so grossed out by transvestites since she saw Rocky Horror Picture Show bck in '76. I love Tim Curry in any way, shape & form, even as Pennywise the Clown. My mom looks so much like Susan Sarandon, and I have mentioned it to her.
She recently re-married, and the ceremony was done by a lesbian minister, which the minister's partner was also at the wedding. We, as a collective family, have many close gay & lesbian friends. I recently came out to her, but she really has no idea of the depth & breadth of my situation. She thinks that since I am artistic I'm like Andy Warhol. Being a CD'er is the least of my family's problems, and I have nothing to lose. So there.

VikkiVixen7188
04-06-2010, 12:06 AM
The deal in my situation is that my mother married very young (18) and my father was an abusive and nasty human being. He was a terrible father, so I grew up without a positive male in my life.

Its not that Im worried that she would not accept me, its that I think she feels guilty about my father. I dont want her to think she messed up and thats why I am how I am. (Its totally not, my father doesnt posses the ability to create anything as beautiful as Vikki.)

skylance
04-06-2010, 03:09 AM
What channel and time si that show on?

Mistybtm
04-06-2010, 03:11 AM
So mother and I are watching RuPaul Drag Race on Logo tonight, and I know my mom is cool with alternitive lifestyles I just have no idea how she would handle it when its her own son...

She says "You know I would be totally OK if you did that."

I shoulda said "Cool, cause I do do that."

but I wimped out...

Maybe Next time lol

maybe she just want's you to try it. just to see. ask her.:battingeyelashes:
or she knows all ready you live with her so she may have found out about you.

erickka
04-06-2010, 05:52 AM
Holy Cow! Was that door ever flung open! I'm one that if someone does that, I just march my arse right on in and make myself at home. At least you now know where she stands.

JaytoJillian
04-06-2010, 05:56 AM
I think she knows and is giving you an opening to tell her. You should go for it!

Ditto--Mom knows the deal--cute!

Stephenie S
04-06-2010, 06:09 AM
She doesnt know... She knows there is something about me that isnt quite average but she has no idea what it is lol.

Yeah, RIGHT! And when will pigs fly?

Of COURSE she knows, silly! Moms know everything. It's as plain as the nose on your face. She's acting like a mom and you should take advantage of it. Stop acting like a dufus and TALK to her.

Auntie Stephenie

Kaitlyn Michele
04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
she knows..

i waited until my 40's to tell my mom...her answer? "I know"

even if she doesnt, she's ok with it...

You are in! :hugs:

DonniDarkness
04-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Mom already knows hun, you live together and watching TG shows on the tube....then she hints towards your direction. wimping out or not

Jenny Doolittle
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Thank God for reruns!

Don't let your next opportunity pass you by

Soriya
04-06-2010, 09:33 AM
She knows honey :)

I think she was trying to make you comfortable and give you the opening to talk about it as she probably realizes you are scared too.

I think this is a great thing. :)

Blaire
04-06-2010, 09:45 AM

You are totally deluding yourself... Not only does she know, now you know that she knows.

Teddie
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
She knows. Mom's are a lot smarter than you think. Just sit down and say something like, "Mom you know that RuPaul Drag Race show we watched the other day, and you said 'You know I would be totally OK if you did that.' Well, I do that."

Alice B
04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I also think she knows and it may be that coming out to her will make the two of you even closer. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Stacy L
04-06-2010, 12:19 PM

My present wife and I had been married for about 9 years that was 14 years ago, RuPaul was on television and she watched several of her shows and wasn’t fazed by the cross-dressing.

So one night after watching the show I told her that I also liked to dress in women's clothes, answered her questions and she was OK with it. Even took me shopping the next weekend.

Just didn't want to see me dressed and didn't want me to go out in public dressed.

When I was off and she had to work she would call and ask if I wanted to wear something comfortable and vacuum the living room or wash the dishes, things like that. She would call if she got off early so that I could change before she got home.

Things have gotten better since then and I’m so lucky to have her for my lovely wife, I knew I picked a winner the second time.
:)

GingerLeigh
04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Why wait for an opening? Looks like she's ok with it. I told my dad recently, it just came out. There was no opening. It felt good to let him know.

Ginger.

sherri52
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Try it for a laugh. Take a moment and dress and walk out into the room and sit with your mother. If you have a GG friend that knows of your dressing have her with you as if she dressed you in the other room. Se what happens, play it as a joke unless it goes over well.

Lexine
04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
The girls here are spot on! I think one of the reasons why she said what she said is so that you would have the courage to tell her yourself or at least perhaps be comfortable that way around her. You're definitely in!

KarenCDFL
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I have to agree with some of the other's here, your Mom already knows and she left you a wide opening to talk about it with her.

Your Mom sounds like a great lady!

carhill2mn
04-06-2010, 03:31 PM
It is possible that she was letting you know that she already "knows".

t-girlxsophie
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Have to say I think she knows,and her Comments to you,were her way of wanting you to open up to her.I hope you get up the courage to tell her,I am sure she will be so Happy that nothing of your fathers awful personality has rubbed off on you,As you have created something beautiful,that am sure letting your Mother know of,will bring you even closer together

Vivian Best
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Who really knows what she knows except her! I for one would let her know, now! Timing is everything.

Genifer Teal
04-06-2010, 07:37 PM

This was my first thought. She may not be sure what it is, but may suspect something is different about you or that you are hiding something. Mother's can notice the smallest changes in us.

Gen

FWIW I wrote this as soon as I read the quoted text. Now I see sooo many agree. Take the hint. Have a chat with mom.

Rachel Morley
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I say go for it ..... your Mom sounds cool. What are you waiting for? :D

FireFoxAngel
04-06-2010, 11:41 PM

+1

Mom's always seem to know. Her comment almost seems too obvious not to!

VikkiVixen7188
04-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I dunno... I mean I dont dress at all around the house. I dress when Im with a select few female friends, that let me borrow their stuff. I dont know how the heck she would know.... there is no evidence. lol

Maybe I am just a wimp, Ill admit that even if she does know and is cool with it, doesnt mean I really want to talk about it lol.

Soriya
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Vikki, moms have a funny way of knowing things we thing they don't. Not that it means she actually knows, but it sure sounds like it. I know what you mean about you yourself not wanting to talk about it, but it really does look like she was giving you a clue that it is ok to talk about it with her....when your ready to. :)

Brenda Freeman
04-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Whether she knows or not, I would remind her of the conversation and tell her you would like to give it a try ffor fun, and ask if she would help!
You would definitely find out! and she might gain a daughter!

KandisTX
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I have to agree with many of our sisters. Mom knows, somehow she knows. This was/is a perfect opportunity for you to come out to her and it seems to me as if you have a perfect ally right there at home. I remember when I came out to my mom when I was 17, she was very supportive and she had known for the previous year and a half. She gave me permission to wear her things, as long as I laundered them before returning. She even took me shopping to get my own stuff so I didn't have to share her panties or my sisters panties (sister also knew and shared her stuff with me as well).

Kandis:love::rose2: