PDA

View Full Version : Fairies Wear Boots (1st time out!)

Thumbelina
04-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi, I am Thumbelina because I self identify as a “fairy” when I cross dress, of which I have had only one very recent “out” experience. It is a result of this experience that I signed up for this forum. Let me explain.

I am a 48 y/o male, very masculine and in a very masculine profession. I have been married 23 years and have three kids. I began wearing panties in high school under my 501 jeans and some years later began plying with pantyhose and thigh highs. This has all been in the privacy of my own home. My wife lets me know which if her panties it’s okay for me to wear and which ones she would prefer I not wear.

I am a member of a small spiritual/personal development group that meets weekly. Each week we decide on a task that we will all follow through and then discuss the following week. These are all simple tasks that promote things such as mindfulness, identification of negative emotions, etc. A couple weeks ago the task was to do something completely out of character designed to make yourself extremely self-conscious. The practical object of this was to self-observe the emotions and feelings this brought up with a mind to identifying ways in which you are attached to the “normal” self-perception you have come to project to the world, and how and why acting outside of the security of that persona feels threatening.

I live in a very small, conservative town where my children go to school and I work in a very conservative profession in this small town. After much contemplation I simply decided that I was not going to do the exercise because the potential consequences here were not worth the potential benefits. However, I had not taken into account that I had to make a trip to a different part of the state that week. The night before the trip I had a dream that I was shopping in a store and looked down to realize I was wearing a woman’s blouse.

It still didn’t connect for me but as I was driving down the road it began to dawn on me that here was the perfect opportunity to do the exercise and to try something I hadn’t even let myself consider in the past. I made an intention to stop at my favorite large thrift store on the way. I came out of the store with a pair of women’s bright, bright red skintight low rider jeans, a super sexy, silky purple blouse, and a pair of high heel ankle boots with cute little buckles (I have long had a heel fetish and buy my wife all kinds of heels). I was so excited I was breathing shallow. I stopped at a convenience store about fifteen minutes down the road, got gas, then went into the bathroom to change. I came out and high heeled over to my car feeling like I was in one of those dreams where you’re in front of the class and realize you don’t have your pants on.

I made an intention to stop everywhere I would normally stop and do everything I would normally do on the trip. I stopped at several thrift stores, a couple grocery stores, a few convenience stores, and a National Forest office. At the first two or three stops I was terrified about what people would think, say, or do. I desperately wanted at least to change into my sneakers before going in, but stuck to my intention. As I made more stops and got out more, however, I realized that I really didn’t care what people thought of me and my only real anxiety was regarding hostility, both physical and verbal. I met with no hostility other than an occasional snide remark or snicker behind my back. As my anxieties began to subside I was able to focus more on the erotic thrill of being in public dressed as I was. Though handsome, I have always been a very shy and reserved person but I found it very heady to literally be the center of attention wherever I went. And I found it very freeing to joyfully express myself in a way I had long wanted to and not have to worry about negative consequences. I think it is safe to say that there was not a single person who saw me that did not take the time to really look. I swear more women smiled at me in the two days I was out than had done so in the last five years combined, and though most of those smiles looked a little bemused, some were genuine and there were only a small handful of women that sneered, snickered, or made snide remarks. There was one attractive lady in one of the thrift stores who made a point of approaching me and starting a friendly conversation; all of the clerks where as polite and courteous as they usually are when I’m dressed “normal:” most men checked me out but tended to look a little disgusted. My last stop was a “Lover’s Package” store where I stopped to find a pair of panties. The staff there were very polite and helpful and one of the clerks, very tall and gorgeous, jokingly asked me if I wanted to try her boots on, a sexy pair of high heeled calf boots. We chatted for awhile, she helped me pick out a pair of panties, and then told me about an alternative bar in town I might enjoy checking out!

As I said, this was my first time being out crossdressed and it was a fantastic experience! The reason I think of myself as a “fairy” is that although I love wearing women’s clothing I don’t have any real interest in transforming nor acting femme. Even dressed as I was I still acted my normal self, though without the rough edges admittedly, but it was the high heeled boots that really put it over the top for me and I couldn’t get that old Black Sabbath tune out of my head, “Fairies wear boots yeah you gotta believe me…” Now I’m hoping to find others to go out with on occasion!

- Thumbelina

Maria in heels
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
we need pictures....sounds like you had a wonderful time

Sheila
04-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, will be interesting reporting back to the group and to hear their reaction, good luck :)

sterling12
04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
So, what are you going to do now?

You have had your "experience," and you liked it. Apparently, you liked it a lot! For The Rest of us, going "out" doing, and becoming, is about like Pandora's Box; you likely will not be wanting to return to The Status-Quo.

You have many problems to overcome, but good luck, and let us know what happens from here.

Peace and Love, Joanie

erickka
04-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Awesome story! Too bad you don't have pics. I'll bet you jooled great.

tamarav
04-07-2010, 07:10 AM
It sounds as if you worked that experiment well! I do hope that you also enjoyed your time out and realized just how un-interested most people are in others. Sounds like your group is fairly well intentioned.

Have a great time, take pictures next time. Where in the fine state are you and do you want some company some time?

Bethany_Anne_Fae
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM
COOL! the world needs more faeries!!! I'm one of em ;)

Zarabeth

sherri52
04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi Thumbelina: Welcome to the forum. That was a great couple of days here's:drink: to many more. Good luck:o

Thumbelina
04-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Thank you everybody!

Lady Z: Faeries ROCK!

Maria: Love those heels!

Erickka: I do have a couple pics that I asked a couple of strangers to snap for me with my phone camera. Unfortunately they didn’t turn out very good, but I’ll post them anyway.

Tamara: I’m in the Arlington/Marysville area and yes, I would absolutely love some company some time! Perhaps a thrift store “field trip” capped off by a few cocktails somewhere?

Joanie: Excellent question full of food for thought. I’ve always been one to go against the current, ever since I began to come into my own in high school, and this is just another manifestation of that tendency. Right now I’m quite content with the idea of dressing and going out once in a blue moon. The pertinent aspect of that question for me is “what about my wife?” She is fine with me wearing panties, stockings, garters and such as long as it is clandestine or in the privacy of our bedroom. But she struggled with this one a little. As I said, when I left for my trip the idea had not yet entered my mind so I didn’t tell my wife about it until the deed was done, so to speak. Even in the context of the assigned exercise she had some trouble with the idea and I had to help her process it. I suggested we go out together sometime with me dressed and she rejected that idea outright!

My wife comes from a very salt-of-the earth conservative Mexican upbringing where conformity is a given. It’s ironic though that crossdressers, referred to as “marimachos,” are accepted in Mexico, and though they are the butt of jokes they are rarely, if ever attacked or openly ridiculed. It would be more accurate to say that they are openly “ribbed” and are expected to be able to hold their own in a kind of culturally scripted verbal interplay. This is true even in rural Mexico where machismo is a cultural foundation and the very air you breathes reeks of testosterone. (it would make a very fascinating cultural study). In fact marimachos are so much a part of the fabric of Mexican society that they are ubiquitous in Mexican cinema and you will rarely see a Mexican film that does not have at least one, usually for the purpose of comic relief. But, long-story-short, my wife, despite being in her forties, weighs everything against what her mom and dad would think (a common cultural trait but very aggravating for an iconoclast such as myself.)

So, in order to bring my wife around I am going to have to do so through something of a graduated exposure process. Once she has had time to process one level of revelation I can consider going to the next level, step-by-step.

- Thumbelina

(Photo posted!)