PDA

View Full Version : feeling sad and gaining weight

Amanda_Nicole
04-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Hi girls,
I have been wanting to go fully enfemme but have not had the courage to do so. I have been sad for not having the courage that I have stopped exercising and gained weight. I have only gone jogging wearing girl clothes but I wish for more such as wigs, makeup, shopping, piercing my ears, etc. It is depressing to see the weight gain. :sad:

If you have any suggestions for snapping out of my funk and excercing again l
would trully appreciate it. I am Still hoping to go out someday.

Thanks for any advice.

Sheila
04-06-2010, 11:57 PM
If you can "drag" yourself into doing 15 mins of exercise say for a week you will find that you will feel better and lose a little weight, thus giving you the impetus do it all again the following week :)......... go on give it a try :)

kellycan27
04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
And don't set impossible goals. Plan on losing just a few pounds at a time. When you have lost say 5 pounds.. set a goal of 5 more, and so on.

Persephone
04-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Find the nearest Weight Watchers® group and attend a meeting (it should be free). If it is a good group, with a good leader, you will come out motivated and inspired and will know how to really loose weight.

If non of the above happens, check out another group that has a different leader.

Loni
04-07-2010, 02:39 AM
how to loose weight, stop eating for a month, is a good start....ha,ha,ha...
please do not do that.

start by cutting back on "junk" (note i said cut back not stop).

then yes do something, take a walk. (not shopping), a good brisk walk, fast pace, need to get the hart rate up, get the lungs working. so go out and buy a great pair of walking shoes.
swimming is the best one can do, but must be "laps" type, not just playing in the water. get a very good bike from a bike shop, then put in at least 20 miles a day, one day a week. (sat or sun). try for more days.:daydreaming:

and here i sit, adding pounds to my ***.need to get back on my bike.:doh:
i have $5K worth of bikes here (3 of them) and they are not getting used right now.:eek:
but thursday is my sat..so time to ride.

Loni

Rachel_Red
04-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Honestly it comes down to you. Ask yourself what keeps you inside? What makes you not want to go out dressed up? When you figure that out you can deal with the problem. As for working out... just get out there and do it :D. Any physical trainer will say that after a good workout your body releases endofines (spell check :p) that will put you in a good mood and may help you get the nerve to go out.

Roberta Young
04-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Amy dont fret the weight issue try the best you can. suggest you treat yourself to ear piercing for your efforts. we all come in different shapes and sizes. luv Roberta

Chari
04-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Amy, Great advice from all previous posts! IMO, walking is the best and least costly exercise - try inside Mall walking if the weather is bad! Take one day at a time, do something good for someone else, and do one thing special just for you! Think positive and please stay focused in all your ambitions! You have many friends here to help.

Fab Karen
04-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Start out with walking, go for longer and longer walks. At some point, if there are any hills around,start walking those. Once you feel good about starting this, start shopping for some things like make-up. At some point later a wig, etc.
If you can't afford a gym membership, you can google calorie burning exercises.
Also be aware, not many of us first started out dressing completely head to toe & getting out in the world dressed.

AKAMichelle
04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I say this recently and it fits this situation.

"The biggest mistake that you can make is being too afraid to make one."

Get determined to do something about your weight. Go out dressed. Don't be afraid - Just do it! Staying in the closet and hiding your true self is a HUGE mistake. Be Yourself - Everyone else is already taken!

VikkiVixen7188
04-07-2010, 12:17 PM
BBW... aint nothing wrong with that.

deniseh
04-07-2010, 06:43 PM
:oI went and bought a nice new Danskin sports bra, bike shorts, and leggings. New walking shoe (also Danskin brand) as well. I love to go walking especially early in the morning. Feels great and I love seeing the two bumps under my tee-shirt from the sports bra......lol

giuseppina
04-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi Amy

About the weight loss: There is no magic to it. You have to burn more calories than you eat. It doesn't take a special diet to loose weight.

A good target is 2-3kg (4-6 lb) per month. More than this is unhealthy.

Minimum portion sizes for meat and dairy in Canada's Food Guide or an equivalent document is an excellent place to start. Plenty of drinking water is a good idea as well.

Three five minute walks are almost as good as one fifteen minute walk.

Rachel Morley
04-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Honestly? ... truthfully? .... calorie counting does work! There are two things you need to do. Know exactly (or as close as you can figure) how many calories you eating per day no matter what you eat, (read your labels and educate yourself on food types) and then calculate how many calories per day you need to remain at the same weight. (click HERE (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm) to do get that figure). Then stay under this figure per day. I guarantee that after a couple of weeks or less you will have lost weight. How much depends on how disciplined you are are in eating less calories (notice I said less calories not less volume) and also how active you are to help burn off more of those stored calories (ie. your body fat). :2c:

Amanda_Nicole
04-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Thank you to all you for your suggestions. I went for a walk last night and I felt good. It also allowed me time to think. Thoughts of shaving and cding more often came to mind. I will try to watch what I eat and go for longer walks to start off. Once again thank you for all your encouragement and support.

Andy66
04-08-2010, 11:54 PM
BBW... aint nothing wrong with that.
:iagree: You don't need to be skinny to dress up.

One way to simplify things is, don't eat anything white. That means cut down on sugar, fat and carbohydrates (such as pasta and bread) as much as you reasonably can.

Easier said than done. If I waited to be thin to dress in women's clothes, I'd be nekkid all the time. :loc:

Angie G
04-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Think of that LBD and how it will look on you. You will need to work on it. Make that LBD your motivation girl. Good things never come easy so get to it Amy. And when you get there We Want Pics.:hugs:
Angie

eluuzion
04-09-2010, 02:26 AM
The quickest way I can think of is to sell your car, buy a bicycle, make a dentist appointment, ride the bike to your appointment, and have all of your teeth pulled.

See, it is really not that difficult...:D:eek::D

The first step in getting out of a hole is to quit digging! The advice previously given to set small, realistic and achievable goals is the most important step. Just do something you enjoy, so it does not seem like "work".