PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Weekend?

Julie
08-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Tomorrow's work and all the things I planned to do this weekend went untouched. The one thing I didn't intend to do, dressing, was all I did. One of the logical reasons I thought transitioning was the right thing to do was dressing would no longer take up so much of my free time, it would just be part of every day life. But that's certainly not a good reason to transition.

Yes, I had a lot of fun. In fact that's all I had. Friday night was like a rediscovery for me even though it had only been a couple of weeks since I had last gone out dressed. I had a renewed enthusiasm that made me feel so young and alive. Saturday took a bit more effort but I still had a great time.

I'm sort of torn between feeling guilty for spending the weekend dressed and doing nothing else and feeling joy and contentment from the experience I had. I wanted to get back on the entertainment center that's been sitting for weeks as this weekend was the first time I seemed to have the energy to do anything since returning to work. (I think my body is starting to get used to the physical stress again.) But when I think of what I DID do, it makes me happy I did it.

This is one of the aspects about being a CD that drives me crazy. I am back and forth all the time about the time spent getting dressed and being dressed and it being time wasted or enjoyed. When dressed, I'm so much more comfortable with myself and it shows but I rarely do anything productive when dressed. I just socialize and enjoy the fact I am dressed. The grass needs mowing and I'd love to do it dressed but I don't want to scare the neighborhood kids :eek: . I'm either in the house or out at TG bars. When I'm out, I stay out until the places all close. I'm having too much fun to go home plus I need the socialization. Then I sleep late then do it all over again. :strugglin

Pip
08-14-2005, 09:18 PM
That's what weekends are for Julie! If the grass needs mowing, do it when you get home from work one afternoon. Yeah, you might be tired from work but lets get all of our suffering out of the way Mon-Fri.

I try and get everything, grocery shopping, house cleaning, yada yada yada done during the week. Whether I dress or not on the weekend doesn't change the fact that there are two days a week I try to set aside for relaxation and enjoyment!

Release the guilt Julie :evilbegon

I for one am glad you had a nice relaxing weekend!

Pip

Sweet Jeanette
08-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Tomorrow's work and all the things I planned to do this weekend went untouched. The one thing I didn't intend to do, dressing, was all I did. One of the logical reasons I thought transitioning was the right thing to do was dressing would no longer take up so much of my free time, it would just be part of every day life. But that's certainly not a good reason to transition.

Yes, I had a lot of fun. In fact that's all I had. Friday night was like a rediscovery for me even though it had only been a couple of weeks since I had last gone out dressed. I had a renewed enthusiasm that made me feel so young and alive. Saturday took a bit more effort but I still had a great time.

I'm sort of torn between feeling guilty for spending the weekend dressed and doing nothing else and feeling joy and contentment from the experience I had. I wanted to get back on the entertainment center that's been sitting for weeks as this weekend was the first time I seemed to have the energy to do anything since returning to work. (I think my body is starting to get used to the physical stress again.) But when I think of what I DID do, it makes me happy I did it.

This is one of the aspects about being a CD that drives me crazy. I am back and forth all the time about the time spent getting dressed and being dressed and it being time wasted or enjoyed. When dressed, I'm so much more comfortable with myself and it shows but I rarely do anything productive when dressed. I just socialize and enjoy the fact I am dressed. The grass needs mowing and I'd love to do it dressed but I don't want to scare the neighborhood kids :eek: . I'm either in the house or out at TG bars. When I'm out, I stay out until the places all close. I'm having too much fun to go home plus I need the socialization. Then I sleep late then do it all over again. :strugglin

I just had a week and a half vacation, and had many things to do,--Work on my wifes car, paint the house, and demolition a basement wall in my tiny basement. ---I spent most of the time dressed, in the house, from morning till night. I got my wifes car running, but got nothing else done at all! ---I was too busy enjoying my time enfem. -----I have found that,---if you want to get things done, that need doing, you need to Force yourself away from the thought of being yourself, (Feminine), and concentrate on the task at hand! ----------I had to do that just to fix my Wifes car.

Tristen Cox
08-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Gawd quite your griping :D You had a great weekend. What do you mean you got nothing done? Sounds like Julie got out and did something ta me! ;)

Julie
08-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Gawd quite your griping

Julie slaps self across the face then looks at hand and finds a chunk of foundation has come off! :eek: Panic sets in as the plaster's union is called in to repair the damage. They determine damage is too great so they call in the expert:

- Tammy Fay Baker -

http://www.roosterfishbar.com/TammyFay.jpg
who expertly fills in the deep chasm so Julie can once again show her face in public!

Hey Tris! Next time lighten up! I can't afford those plaster's union prices every time a chunk falls off!

Jenny Beth
08-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Okay Julie, I don't accomplish much either when I spend weekends dressed and I feel guilty too when the lawn looks like a pasture. But that's what neighbourhood kids are for...ten bucks or so and the guilt is gone and some kid is happy. I don't see a downside. LOL

carson
08-14-2005, 11:07 PM
I hear ya Julie. But don't be too hard on yourself. I have my own business and if I'm not out in the field then I'm working from home. On those days (if the wifey isn't around) I get dressed and then one of two things happens. 1) I spend most of the day delighting in trying on outfits and taking pictures, or 2) I find that I really do work and am more focused and productive than if I wasn't dressed! But those "picture days" go by too fast and I feel like I have "wasted" the time and must make up for work. But GOD was it theraputic! I may have to work extra hard to compensate for my CD'ing, but I don't regret it in the least. :)

Debbie Kong
08-14-2005, 11:14 PM
I like weekends like that. Don't ever think it's wasted. Anytime you get to be a woman is quality time.

Debbie

Tristen Cox
08-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Julie slaps self across the face then looks at hand and finds a chunk of foundation has come off! :eek: Panic sets in as the plaster's union is called in to repair the damage. They determine damage is too great so they call in the expert:

- Tammy Fay Baker -
http://www.roosterfishbar.com/TammyFay.jpg
who expertly fills in the deep chasm so Julie can once again show her face in public!

Hey Tris! Next time lighten up! I can't afford those plaster's union prices every time a chunk falls off!

Just remember Julie, I learned everything from you! :p Bet if you knew me the same in the reverse senerio you would have said the same thing.

You know you missed a spot there on the chin babe :hiding:

Emily Ann Brown
08-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Is this the girl that had no desire to dress a week ago? My weekends are for me to relax. If that's what relaxes you go for it. Your inner girl needed some pampering, what's wrong with that?

Emily Ann

kristine239
08-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Julie - it sounds like your on hormones. That will do it to you every time, take if from someone who has been there, done that.

Prcrastination happens a lot and you need to get beyond that. I had a lot of trouble with it, when I first went on hormones and still do to some extent.