PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress better as a guy?

emmicd
08-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Since you admitted you're a crossdresser and you like to wear feminine clothes that are more colorful and much more interesting to wear secretly has it helped you dress better as a guy?

Are your male clothes stylish and do you get compliments on your style as a guy?

I enjoy dressing in very stylish male clothes like a nice pair of trousers and nicely tailored shirt. I find women compliment my clothing choices.

I wonder if they think secretly I might be a crossdresser?

Emmi

Heather_cd
08-14-2005, 09:21 PM
At times when I am dressed in the male mode still like to have the fem side of me...I mean like to wear a nice tight jean or on hot days something that shows off my legs and tiny butt..and always have on panties under my male clothing. Like you if they only knew that I was a c/der .... :p

Pip
08-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Crossdressing has made no difference in my male clothing. Marriage did. My wife says that she wants people to know I'm married when I go out. I may not have the most expensive clothes, or most modern trends but my shirts are always pressed, my pants always creased. My wife makes sure I look my best at all times. She will insist that I go change if anything I put on is the least bit wrinkled.

Thanks honey!

Pip

CharleneCD
08-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Since I have started dressing fem, I have been paying more attention to how I dress as a guy also. I enow enjoy trying to look stylish in both modes.

Tristen Cox
08-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Since you admitted you're a crossdresser and you like to wear feminine clothes that are more colorful and much more interesting to wear secretly has it helped you dress better as a guy?

Are your male clothes stylish and do you get compliments on your style as a guy?

NO

uknowhoo
08-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Nope, me either.

cindybarnes
08-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Nope, Cindy's ugly brother is a slob :) Not wasting good money on those kind of clothes *S*

Jenny Beth
08-14-2005, 10:14 PM
No, I don't dress flashionable in guy mode. But then neither do any of the guys I know. All my friends are in the building trades and it's jeans and T shirts. For social get togethers it's clean jeans and T shirts! If I dressed stylish people would wonder what the hell was going on.

Rachel Morley
08-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't actually ever wear guy clothes anymore , least of all stylish ones. All my clothes are women's. Admittedly at work, my clothing is unisex women's, but they are women's all the same. They still have a definite feminine style/look to them.

Robertacd
08-14-2005, 10:40 PM
I dont think so. Fact I dress rather plainly as a guy and I hate shopping for guy clothes because I don't thing I look good in anything.

Billijo49504
08-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Nope!!! Jeans and a t shirt or company supplied work clothes, that's about it. Now fem that's diferent. Much better.

MaylinJane
08-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Nope, I've never bought male clothes for myself, I've always thought of it as a waste of money. I wear uniforms at work being a mechanic, so that's totally out. When I am forced to wear male clothes I dress pretty plain, T-shirt, jeans, maybe a button down long sleeve shirt. But always panties and bra underneath.

Mandy Salamander
08-14-2005, 11:55 PM
since mom insists on continuing to buy me male clothing,, guess i'm not completely out of touch,, but actually, as a guy, i'm a real slob and a total loser,, most of my shirts are freebies from Camel cigarettes,,,

kysmet
08-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Let's see, last female thing I bought....couple months ago, cute skirt on sale. Last male thing I bought.....Pants that turn into shorts when you unzip at the knees about a year and a half ago. Nope, don't like buying or wearing (cept I have to dress like a boy for work). And as far as fashion sense? I've been told that Ericka has wonderful sense but Ed couldn't colour coordinate to save his life. :D

Ericka Jean

P.S. I've been shopping with GG's that don't know about this, but always end up liking my advice on fashion.

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Emmi, I think women are far more likely to think you're a metrosexual than a crossdresser.

I was always a latent metrosexual long before the term was invented. So a chance to be a clothes horse and look attractive was undoubtedly one of the reasons I started dressing. And yes, I do get compliments about my guy wardrobe. :D

But CDing has probably improved my fahsion skills for a two reasons.

First, I've got no problem admitting I'm addicted to both versions of "What Not to Wear" as well as "Queer Eye," where I've picked up lots of tips. (Not just what's talked about but also seeing what Clinton and the Fab 5 are wearing.) A lot of guys watch "Queer Eye" and since I starting watching (and got my friends to watch) the British version of WTNW, which is far funnier than the American version, my friends think I watch in large part for the humor. Although my female friends do think it's cute I can dish the fashion faux-pauxes with them.

Second, I read up on women's fashion tips (I recommend Suzan Nanfeldt's Plus Style, if you can find a used copy that's reasonally priced.) In doing so I also picked lots of useful info that can adapted to my guy wardrobe.

Just remember girls, you're only drab if you allow yourself to be...

Rachael Warren
08-15-2005, 01:52 AM
In male mode, I am a complete slob, my wife is constantly sorting out my polo shirt collar as it is frequently tucked inside.

Unless I have to dress in a suit I have little regard for how I look.

Daily drab routine, shave, throw on drab from wherever I find it (usually abandoned on the floor, bed or back of a chair and and left inside out!), comb hair if I remember, take out earrings, say goodbye to wife and hit the road.

I wonder if I would be any different if I could wear a skirt instead of trousers, proberbly until it becomes the norm and I fall back to my old habits if I am truthfull. :D

To take a pride in ones appearance presupposes that you have pride in yourself. I can't realy relate that way to most of my male attire.

Now for Rachael, thats a completely different story!

Rachael.

Trish
08-15-2005, 05:57 AM
In drab, all I wear is jeans and t-shirts. In fem, it's a whole different story. I have different styles, colors amd materials to pick from. Probabaly 90% of my clothes are fem. I just don't get excited about male clothes, they are boreing.

joni-alice
08-15-2005, 01:16 PM
neither either
i dress for comfort...

then again I haven't shopped much either :rolleyes:

Jonien
08-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Never had much style in drab could never get it right so I did't bother
but in fem well that is totaly different I now know what mirror is for

Mirror mirror on the wall ect ect

Wendy me
08-15-2005, 02:41 PM
it's hard to go shopping in the mens dept i the feeling that i am being watched.....last thing we bought for "him " was work gloves so he could plow the driveway.....

Phoebe Reece
08-15-2005, 03:01 PM
I think I dress reasonably well as a guy. But, I have gotten more compliments on clothes I have picked out and bought for my wife to wear (birthday presents, Xmas, etc.). I don't think either case really gives anyone a clue about my crossdressing.

danigrrl
08-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I, like many who have posted, am somewhat of a slob in guy mode. Cut-off khaki shorts and a t-shirt are the norm....usually wearing some sort of biking socks (the ones that have logos or pictures on them). I have never been one to keep up with men's fashions at all. A couple of years ago, my brother invited me to a pretty formal christmas party for which I had to go out and buy an entire outfit. Shirt, pants, tie, and shoes. None of which I had. Still haven't worn them since. 95% of all shopping that I do, is for Danielle. Just never really wasted my time on the men's stuff.

Natalie x
08-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Nah, hardly ever wear male stuff now, mostly female pants and tops when out and at work. When in drab its still the same old drab, jeans & teeshirts.

Tiffy
08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Nope sure don't. Still is starter shorts and a tank top everyday.

April

Mirragea
08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
As a guy I'm a slob!

Laurie Ann
08-19-2005, 07:46 PM
I wear suits to work everyday (with panties underneath naturally). Predominate color is blue or grey suits starched shirts and ties very conservative. When dressed I go for brighter colored clothes.

Jadeanne
08-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Since I restarted dressing femme at age 51, my fashion interest in my male clothing hasn't really increased much.

I always change into clean underwear, socks, and shirt each day. I wear the same pants several times before putting them in the laundry as long as they are clean.

Jadeanne

tifftg
08-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Now that I am becoming more comfortable with the fact that I am a crossdresser and will not be changing. I am allowing fashion to creep into my boy side, more color, softer pastels in some cases. Getting a lot of compliments.

Tiff

steffie39
08-19-2005, 09:44 PM
My taste in clothes is more conservatice as a male. As a fema, though, I like to experiment more. Maybe someday this will creep into my male side.

Steffie

jessiemillard
08-20-2005, 12:48 AM
In guy mode i tend to be very plain and boring..However when it comes to girl mode i tend to try to be more glamourous and sexy.

So girl mode for me.. :D

Debbie Kong
08-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Debbie likes to dress up. The other side used to worry about being in style but now sets their own and that is a style that could be confused for no style at all. Mainly clothes suitable for active outdoor work. As a Gurl I dress up and meet people but as a Guy I tend to be a loner who cares less and less about male fashions. Clean and utilitarian but sort of weird.

Debbie