PDA

View Full Version : You Gals were right again

Danielle Gee
04-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Several weeks ago I started a thread about shaving my body. It’s not a very original subject on these boards I’ll admit. My point however was that since I’d finished (for now) with round after round of Doctor visits, I was going to shave my body.

I was kind of bummed cuz summer was approaching fast and I have to let it grow back sooner than I’d prefer. Well after reading post after post all making the same point, namely “Nobody really notices, or really cares if I’m hairy or not”.

Well after shaving (Nairing actually) everything ‘cept my arms I was hooked on the sensual feeling of a smooth body!!!! I’m sure all you Gals who share this habit know the feeling to which I’m referring..

So my plan was to dress up a few days, take a few photos then revert back to my male look……..That was the plan……..What actually happened was I kept removing the hair again and again, all the while saying “ I'll grow it back next week”

Well now it’s shorts& tank tops season in Ohio and I’ve already had a couple of family members see me in my shaven state and dozens of strangers….And guess what????

YOU WERE ALL RIGHT ………PEOPLE COULD CARE LESS IF I HAVE HAIRY LEGS.

So I’m going to continue shaving for awhile longer and see what happens, But I just had to say that since joining this site, I have learned so much and discovered thing about myself of which I didn’t have a clue.

So I felt compelled to say that I have grown to love and respect each of you Gals, and have grown to appreciate each of your different personalities. And In closing I want to thanks all for the advice and caring I’ve felt on this site.

Love you all: Danielle:love:

jennyscott
04-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Nice post. I have learned that either most people don't notice or don't care. They have their own world swirling around in their heads. My wife is still too concerned of other's perceptions, even strangers. Slowly I am trying to show her otherwise. I have been angling for a trip to the beach (sans kids) while leaving all my drab clothes home.

Teenagers on the other hand seem to notice everything.

--Jen

windycissy
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Attagirl! It took me forever to build up the courage too, now I can't remember what it felt like to be all hairy...isn't it great how the clothes FEEL now? Silk and lace against smooth skin, yum! And like you said, most people don't even notice.

sherri52
04-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Coming from redneck Ohio, I can verify that no one says a word. I am completely shaven and go to auctions all the time without anyone saying a word about my arms or legs.

Nicole Erin
04-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Sometimes if people know me they might ask about my shaved legs.
I am too lazy to do much about the little hair on my arms.

But yeah, after 10+ years of having shaved legs, I haven't had any bad reactions. I think maybe some women are envious and if a guy were to have a problem, the question would be, "why is he checking out my legs to begin with?"

Shaving legs is no big thing really. :thumbsup:

Miranda09
04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Good for you Danielle, and YES, shaved legs are absolutely the best, especially when wearing nylons or leggings. They do take some work, but who cares. I've been shaving both my arms and legs and for a year now and no one has ever said anything. And as long I like it, who cares. :)

Rachel Morley
04-07-2010, 09:59 PM
It's totally true. People who don't know you (and some that do) either don't even realize, or if they do realize, they couldn't care less.

For me, for the last several years, my body is always completely free of hair (well, almost ... except for a small private area :)) 10 years ago, when I first started having salon full leg waxes, and also chest and abdomen waxes (I kept my forearm hair very short) in the summer months when more skin was showing, my guy buddies at the time did mention it to me, but I was honest with them. I told them that I preferred the smooth tanned look and that I knew some people (guys especially) might think it's a bit weird but I said to them that it's my prerogative to be weird if I want to - right? All they could do was frown at me and agree with me.

Consequently, I was still treated the same, but I was (according to them) just being a bit "eccentric" :)

Karinsamatha
04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I shaved my leg's last night for the first time, and went into a sensory overload. I could not believe how different my clothes felt.
I can say that I will continue to shave my leg's.

:drink:

Cassandra Lynn
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
And don't forget to moisturize! Actually the past couple of years i've gotten more positive comments from both men and women. The gals usually say how nice it makes my legs look with the tan and all, or some comment about hairy apes and that kind of thing. And the guys ask how does it feel? How long does it take? I'm afraid of what the SO would say or other guys. I get massage therapy regularly and the lady that has been doing it for the past year always comments on how nice it is and wishes she could talk her man into it.
mj (Cassie)

Dalece
04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Yes the smooth feeling of shaved legs and all over feeling is great. I have worn nylons under my uniform at work in winter. Cold in Northern Ohio and feel like a girl and warmer not geting warmer and love to show off my legs and be a total gurl. Yes it is a all over great feeling brings the femine out in you.

eluuzion
04-08-2010, 03:18 AM
re:

"YOU WERE ALL RIGHT ………PEOPLE COULD CARE LESS IF I HAVE HAIRY LEGS."

Glad to hear you took the plunge. We end up being our own worst enemies sometimes when we are in foreign territory, eh?

I rationalize such things away by doing little reality exercises...like asking myself what the person behind me in line at the store was wearing, or for that matter, what any one person in the entire store was wearing...shirt? pants? color of shoes?...I rarely remember where I parked my car, let alone what outfit other people had on....

Hey, have fun!

Ms Jennifer
04-08-2010, 04:51 AM
:love:Very good post. The things you do are for you anyway not to please someone else. The outfits all feel better on smooth silky skin I love to use baby oil as a moisturizer. It makes my skin feel so silky smooth.Smells girly too.:battingeyelashes:

Elizabeth 66
04-08-2010, 07:43 AM
I can understand were you are coming from, i have never shaven, but have been asking questions, because i am looking as removing the hair from my arms chest and legs, but i don't want to have the itchy stubble that is always there a day or two after. that is why i am also looking at other methods of hair removal.

insearchofme
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I've been having my entire upper body waxed for the past 3 years. I shaved 2 years before that. In all that time only two people have ever asked me about it.

I wear shorts almost all the time in the Summer and early Fall. I've been losing the hair on my legs for about 16 years and it is almost all gone. Only 2 people have asked about that.

As stated before most people don't care.

Angie G
04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
It's true I've keep my legs Shaved for about 3 years nd my underarms done for two years shaving at least every few day and NOBODY CARES. How great is that.:hugs:
Angie

carolinoakland
04-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Awww, that's so sweet. But that IS what this site is all about. Carol

Christie ann
04-09-2010, 08:53 AM
there is only one person who has ever noticed my shaved legs and really doesn't like it at all...my wife.

GingerLeigh
04-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Oh... silky smooth legs, the impossible dream. My SO will not allow me to do it. She still doesn't know I CD, but I'm slowly working on that one. I was pretty furry last summer, been trimming with a #2 for a year, nobody notices. The hair is there, but not that furry anymore. Shave? I'm already under suspicion at work, but they'll have confirmation if I came to work shaved. It may be a winter thing. Sigh....

Ginger

Laura Evans
04-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Been shaving my legs and arms for some time now as well as going out in public in shorts and short sleeve shirts (in drab) and I have experienced the lack of notice or caring from the public as many girls here have said. I love how it feels and looks.

Sharon B.
04-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Nothing beats having a clean hair free body, I use the Nair method myself but only every two weeks or so.
In the summer when I work out in the yard and garden I wear a tank top and shorts, may try a woman's swimsuit this year to lay out in the sun with nail polish on my toenails, usually keep it on 24/7 but maybe one week out of the month I will keep it off then reapply it.

jenna_woods
04-09-2010, 04:12 PM
i'm glad it worked out so good for you hun

Diane Smith
04-09-2010, 11:59 PM
I get comments about some aspects of my appearance -- mostly my nails, occasionally my hair (which has changed color a few times in the last couple of years) -- but no one, and I mean none, has ever made a comment about my shaved arms, legs or chest. It's just a non-issue to the vast majority of people.

- Diane

johnboy23
04-10-2010, 12:30 AM
No one cares about my shaved legs. I remember the first time I saw a guy with legs shaved and arms. I was working in construction at the age of 16. I asked one of the alcoholics that I worked with why he shaved. He told me that people that work out do it so you can see the definition. The point of me saying that is, I thought he would end up calling him some rude name. Because of how those people that I worked with would talk about people.but he didn't have anything to say about that.

Marcie4you
04-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Next time you're watching a movie where a guy has a bare chest, you'll rarely see ANY hair!