PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm a new CD

CHearts
04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Please i need help, i trying to go to Splash in may in houston I want to pass.. Im a buff young man that is 5 11 and 260 pounds. I want to know if someone could help me.. starting with breast and size.. I do have broad shoulders. I love hose should i wear them. Make up anyone have any ideas where i can get make up tips. Should i go closed or open toed heels. Please help.. Please. Oh yes I am african american and I do look like a foot ball player.. please please please help.

sherri52
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. Open toed shoes are usually best in the warmer weather. As for makeup, your local mac counter will be the best bet if your willing. Give it a few days and you may find a girl from the forum who is willing to help. It's all a mater of location.

CHearts
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Thank you for that information.. yes i will give it some days.. Thank you

Natalia
04-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Rent or buy seasons 3 and 4 of Boston Legal and look at Clarence/Clarice Bell

Sounds like your body type...great performances.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/NataliasPics_album/clarice.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsW/tve27009-20060926-1836.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aveleyman.com/TVEpisode.aspx%3FFilmID%3D1836%26Episode%3D2006092 6&usg=__pMVmdUb8HJO4ua-aFaxTeC7jPls=&h=240&w=320&sz=13&hl=en&start=5&sig2=G-lXUyLJb8qJwuLqm70T7g&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=1li554upEbb0oM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dboston%2Blegal%2Bclarice%2Bbell%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4GGL L_enUS356US357%26ndsp%3D21%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=f829S57GIcKAlAeq2JjVBw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Anthony_Williams

http://www.poptower.com/boston-legal-picture-2359.htm

CharleneT
04-08-2010, 10:34 AM
First, don't worry so much about passing at first. Getting all the cylinders working takes practice; getting caught up in others reactions can set you back pretty easily. Don't let it. Just worry about doing the best you can and - most importantly - have fun. Rather than "passing", think about "blending in"

Breast size: many go too large at first, remember you just want to blend in, not win a wet t-shirt contest.

Hose: depends on the season and where you are. If in a place with a lot of young women, you're going to stick out because they do not tend to wear hose so often. Think of them as an accessory for fancy dress up events - not day to day.

Broad shoulders: very common problem. You'll need to find clothes that de-emphasize that feature. Take any shoulder pads out of the dresses/tops you buy. Hard to give specific advice without seeing a general shot of you.

MAC counters are the known to be very CD friendly, but the other companies will be similar. They are all most interested in getting some sales... do not be shy about asking for what you want. Tell them you are a CD and need makeup advice/make over. Remember, you do not have to buy all the products they demo with ... regardless of their hints.... Make up can be very expensive. Do not be surprised if they show you a small pile of products and tell you the bill is $250. That said, you can easily get by with less expensive products, especially at first when you are learning. See what they show you and then go to a drug store and look for equivalent things. IF you are uncomfortable doing this in your own town, go a few over to a mall and make an appt with one of the counters. Very important issue with makeup: do not try and look a lot younger than you are ! Remember, you'll be trying to blend in, which means makeup like those of your age (whatever that is).

Unfortunately, much of the makeup is for caucasians ... do you have a female friend who is also AA and might help ??

Good luck and remember ... most important ...

HAVE FUN !!

:hugs:

carolinoakland
04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the forum, take a breath and enjoy yoursself. Charlene has given you the basic info to get yourself started. The one thing that I would add is to remember
" Age and Situation appropriate". If you try to do the Britney Spears schoolgirl outfit, well, you get the pictrure. I HOPE. The other thing is this, the one most important thing to blending is, Confindence. If you walk with confindence and are comfortable, that's all they'll notice. Carol

CHearts
04-15-2010, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=CharleneT;2105933]First, don't worry so much about passing at first. Getting all the cylinders working takes practice; getting caught up in others reactions can set you back pretty easily. Don't let it. Just worry about doing the best you can and - most importantly - have fun. Rather than "passing", think about "blending in"

Breast size: many go too large at first, remember you just want to blend in, not win a wet t-shirt contest.

Hose: depends on the season and where you are. If in a place with a lot of young women, you're going to stick out because they do not tend to wear hose so often. Think of them as an accessory for fancy dress up events - not day to day.

Broad shoulders: very common problem. You'll need to find clothes that de-emphasize that feature. Take any shoulder pads out of the dresses/tops you buy. Hard to give specific advice without seeing a general shot of you.

MAC counters are the known to be very CD friendly, but the other companies will be similar. They are all most interested in getting some sales... do not be shy about asking for what you want. Tell them you are a CD and need makeup advice/make over. Remember, you do not have to buy all the products they demo with ... regardless of their hints.... Make up can be very expensive. Do not be surprised if they show you a small pile of products and tell you the bill is $250. That said, you can easily get by with less expensive products, especially at first when you are learning. See what they show you and then go to a drug store and look for equivalent things. IF you are uncomfortable doing this in your own town, go a few over to a mall and make an appt with one of the counters. Very important issue with makeup: do not try and look a lot younger than you are ! Remember, you'll be trying to blend in, which means makeup like those of your age (whatever that is).

Unfortunately, much of the makeup is for caucasians ... do you have a female friend who is also AA and might help ??

Good luck and remember ... most important ...

HAVE FUN !!

:hugs:[/QUOTE
Thank you, well I'm 31 years old. so What is my make up for me. If you have face book i can seeing a pic too you.. to show you want I look like.,.. So you can help me out

Amber Chen
04-15-2010, 10:30 AM
CHeart:
You may have to ease up a *little* bit on your goal of totally passing, especially if this is your first time out in public while "dressed"! You have less than 1/2 a month to prepare! Try for the semi-casual, everyday woman look.

Charlene has given you some good starter tips, so go from there. Having a saleswoman help you select makeup colors in person is probably the best way to start. I would go to an inexpensive shoe store (Payless or Shoe Carnival?) to go try on some open toed sandals with a slight platform. Since you're tall, don't add more than one inch or so!

If you have any GG friends, especially AA GG friends, ask them if they would go out shopping with you for clothes. Try on everything before buying! Get the outfits first, then get shoes (and purses) to match/co-ordinate with them.

I hope you are prepared to spend some $$$! Above all, have fun, and try to relax!

tamarav
04-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Your desire to be able to dress completely in about a month is commendable, but you are going to be the key factor in that desire. You have to make an intense effort, learn a lot and listen to those you learn from. Simply liking the feminine is a great start but there is a lot to it. Take it easy and ease into the world of appearing feminine. You will appreciate it later.

At 31 you young enough to be able to have a long and happy CD life.

Have fun and post lots, give us some pictures as you progress.

Your new sis,

Tami