PDA

View Full Version : I wonder.....

Soriya
04-08-2010, 02:18 PM
My apologies to the admins if this is not in the right place, but it's not about transitioning but has to do with estrogen.

Outside of HRT, have any of you ever had your natural estrogen levels checked? Since coming here and reading everything I have, I have been wondering if higher 'natural' estrogen levels have anything to do with us dressing (feeling more feminine). Besides dressing, I have always been a more caring, sensitive, emotional male. My Dr. had been doing lots of different blood tests to try and figure out where my chronic fatigue was coming from and at one point after testing my testosterone a few times and it being within normal ranges, he thought about testing my estrogen levels to see if my pituitary glad (I think that is the right gland) was working correctly. I don't remember if he actually did or not, but now I am curious and will probably ask him to test for it next time to be sure.

Curious to see what you all think or know. :)

StaceyJane
04-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I had my estrogen and testosterone checked on my own once. My E was normal but my T was low.

Don't know if that means anything.

Soriya
04-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I think it's unknown how an imbalance may affect a mans thinking, lot's of articles on it and something we should all get checked as we age due to other health issues around it.

Here is one I googled.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4585975_estrogen-man-act-more-feminine.html

Rita B
04-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Thank you for providing that link. I know that there are many of us who are probably taking some form of hormone supplements, and some of us without a prescription. I know that I have been tempted to do so myself, ( even at my age). The article in the "link" make it pretty clear that there are a lot of risks at taking supplements without medical advice.

Sarah_GG
04-08-2010, 05:30 PM
hmmm interesting? I heard something on the radio today along the lines of the more virile (ie the more testosterone) you are the less hair you have on your head because the blood goes elsewhere. The more hair you have, the less testosterone you have... ergo... perhaps that means you have more estrogen?

I'm a hormonally charged female but have very fine hair so guess it's just a myth. My SO, though, does have a healthy head of hair?

Probably just another old wives tale! :D

Karren H
04-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I get a full battery of blood tests and mris every year dure to my pitutary tumor and there is a relationship between T and E... When my tumor was out of control my pitutary gland produced an excess of prolactin which trashed my T levels and played all kinds of havoc with my body and mind.. Including the loss of sex drive.. And no interest in crossdressing.. Since treatment.. Everything has come back in line and I feel great. So I'd have your Dr check everything carefully. Symptoms like those can be an indication of something way more serious!

Jessica Who
04-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Next time I get a physical I want to have my levels checked

Soriya
04-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Excellent replies and it is very interesting but since crossdressing is not something that is studied all that much, the observation about T and E is an interesting question.

As far as hair on me, well, I am thinking up top so who knows.

My T levels have not come in as low yet, but have bounced from mid range to near low so next time, I will have him check both and will do so each visit from here on out.

Barbara Dugan
04-08-2010, 07:34 PM
when my GP checked my T and E levels], my T was low and my E was on the normal high.I think hormone leves influence behaivior that on consecuence influence dressing

Veronica Nowakowski
04-08-2010, 07:51 PM
hmmm interesting? I heard something on the radio today along the lines of the more virile (ie the more testosterone) you are the less hair you have on your head because the blood goes elsewhere. The more hair you have, the less testosterone you have... ergo... perhaps that means you have more estrogen?

I'm a hormonally charged female but have very fine hair so guess it's just a myth. My SO, though, does have a healthy head of hair?

Probably just another old wives tale! :D

The baldness has to do with testosterone, but that doesn't mean they have lower estrogen.

Cassandra Lynn
04-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I know my GP has commented in the past about low Testosterone levels and i'm planning to check into it deeper next time (for the yearly) and might as well see about Estrogen also. I'm also excited about checking my cholesterol (already know my HBP is great) and liver function, if they are OK, i can start getting off some of these pills!!. After 7 months of sobriety i'm hoping my body is repairing. Oops, i wandered off topic, sorry. mj (Cassie)

Jaydee
04-08-2010, 11:13 PM
My T has been low most of my life. We just recently checked my E and found it on the high side of normal for a man. I have wondered if this had any effect on my CDing.

BTW, even at 56 I have the same hairline I had when I was 17.

Jaydee