PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

KatieEvans
04-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Is it possible, that dressing could just be a fase? because tbh in the past 6 months after hitting my 21st i've lost all interest in dressing completely, See the choice is here for me now, i can either fund my dressing habbit or spend the money modifying my car and tbh i want to mod my car more and i simply can't afford both not to mention how humiliated i would be in the modded car world, the few pairs of tight's *pantyhose* and underware i owned i've just burnt.

tamarav
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Yes, you are right, it is a phase. You may not need to dress for a year or more. Then out of nowhere this urge to wear something frilly will overtake you and you won't know what hit you.

We will all just sit back and wait for it to hit...

lilmissjenny
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
well depending on how you mod your car, you could get laughed at as well. i dunno what kinda car you got, but if you rice it out then yeah you will get laughed at. i own a bagged Ford Ranger but no one knows about my dressing nor do i ever have any intention of telling them. anyways, ultimately the decision is up to you what you wanna do but doing both is also an option...

KatieEvans
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
It's a Fiat Punto..

Nah it will be done in the subtle 'oem+/euro' kinda look, but surely i'm not the only one who's ever had these feelings and actually managed to quit crossdressing completely.

Soriya
04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Katie, I think most of us have gone through phases. I have gone through them as well, in fact 15 years since the last time I dressed before this and 12 before that. It does have a way at coming back and hitting you as the others have said. It may not with you. Only you can decide what to do and if right now dressing is not a thing for you, go enjoy your car for now, then worry about dressing when it comes back if it does. :)

deniseh
04-08-2010, 08:15 PM
If don't feel that you want or need to dress right now, then don't. Many of us have had years or decades of no dressing gaps and came back to it. I am sure there are some that quit dressing one day and never dress again. I doubt you would find them on this forum.

KimberlyJo
04-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I know lots of people think about quitting, try to quit, purge all of their pretty clothes, but at some time in the future the urge comes back and they have to start all over.

Elizabeth 66
04-08-2010, 08:17 PM
It's a Fiat Punto..

Nah it will be done in the subtle 'oem+/euro' kinda look, but surely i'm not the only one who's ever had these feelings and actually managed to quit crossdressing completely.

I suppose its like anything, you have to try i to know if it is for you, some people experiment with being gay because i suppose most people wonder at some point in the short existence, then decide really its not for them, but then again some decide they are..

Lead your life the way you want to, in the future you may find yourself asking these questions again such as i am, and then at that time you will either face them or turn away.

all anyone can say is follow your heart!

Vivian Best
04-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Katie, If you are like 99% of the crossdressers out there and I'm sure you are, you are going through a phase that all of us has gone through many many times. I can guarantee with 99% certainty you will come back whether it be five years, one year, one month or one day, you will be back. The car will take front stage today and tomorrow but it will eventually fade into the past but dressing will remain with you forever unless you are one of the extreme highly motivated individuals that are able to quit. You can probably count the number that have successfully quit dressing on the fingers of your two hands. Embrace what you are and enjoy it.

CamilleLeon
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I mean, sure it's possible. But what fun would that be? Do you still want to dress up, or would you just rather spend money on your car? I mean, crossdressing is usually bottom of my priority list for what I spend my rather limited funds on. Also, I have gone through phases in which I didn't dress, didn't even want (consciously, at least). But I've found that I keep coming back to it. I believe that those phases resulted from me trying to reject it and be "normal". Overall, I dress a lot more now that I've accepted it, but I'm also a lot happier whether or not I'm en femme.

Sheila
04-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Katie, I don't think false is the correct word, but that is just my :2c:. My partner as many began dressing very early in life about 7 or 8 and continued through her teens until 17 when her interest in cars took over big style ......... she did not dress again until she was about 45/46 a gap of 28/9 years ....... the occasional though about what she once "did" was as far as it went, and even the old "vicar and Tart" party that her and her ex went to did not re-awaken the desire to dress, so no I don't think it is false, one day the desire "MAY" resurface to the point that you will forgo the new spoiler to buy some clothes or be in the position to afford both, there again it may not, which ever it is enjoy your life at each phase you go through :hugs:

krissy
04-08-2010, 10:33 PM
:hugs: sorry you purged when you get feeling again you have to start over .we all have done it ourselves. not any more for me .enjoy yourself we are here for you .:hugs:

Karren H
04-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah... Dressing is a phase just like eating is a phase... You can diet just so long until you get really hungry then ya got to partake!!

VikkiVixen7188
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
MIne has always cycled. ... Itll be back lol

DressyJenny
04-08-2010, 10:56 PM
It really depends on the individual and what you want. Only you can decide if its a phase or not. I think its possible, but only you can answer that. I know I feel like a guy most of the time. I just get the urge to crossdress... Or to think about it at times. If it makes you happy....Mod you're car. Crossdressing will alway be there if you ever get the urge again. Don't try to force youreself to dress.

Jessy
04-08-2010, 11:19 PM
If 1 of the mods you're considering happens to be a pink paintjob, then I don't think it's a fase :heehee:

But seriously... I don't know if this can be the case. I don't know how you feel about it and how happy you are living your life fulltime as a guy. Just prepare that it might catch up with ya again, we've seen that happen many times before here on the forum :D

sterling12
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM
If you don't "indulge" for about The Next Seventy years...then you could call it a "phase."

But, if your The Classic Case, it waxes and wans in your youthful years. In fact, it might even be negligible for a very long time, then Whamo! Your back to your femme-self, and it's even stronger than ever!

I wouldn't be giving my stuff away quite yet...better wait a while and see what happens.

Peace and Love, Joanie

AmandaM
04-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Fix up the car and don't sweat it. If you need clothes later, deal with it then.

Loni
04-09-2010, 12:06 AM
if you do not want to dress any more...then just do not buy a

wait....

bra for your car. :eek: :doh: :heehee::heehee::heehee:

no matter just have fun.

Loni

eluuzion
04-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Sounds like you need help. Let's start by having you send all of your female wardrobe to me...lol

Anything is possible, it is the probability factor that matters. Sure, I consider everything to be a "phase" except dying...(being dead is pretty final).

I think our minds take little vacations. Sometimes it is a short break, sometimes we never return to the activity.

Depends on how your mind works. But you are not alone.

Frédérique
04-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Is it possible, that dressing could just be a fase? because tbh in the past 6 months after hitting my 21st i've lost all interest in dressing completely, See the choice is here for me now, i can either fund my dressing habbit or spend the money modifying my car and tbh i want to mod my car more and i simply can't afford both not to mention how humiliated i would be in the modded car world, the few pairs of tight's *pantyhose* and underware i owned i've just burnt.

IMHO, you should use your money to modify yourself – the benefits are far reaching, believe me. If you’re having problems coming to grips with a desire to crossdress, I would simply obtain a new wardrobe (whatever that is for you) and try again. You’ll be around long after your car is gone, so make the wise investment now. You’re young, but someday you’ll understand…:straightface:

BTW, it's not a phase, and the urge to crossdress will not go away. Relax, get comfortable, and please put the fire out...:doh:

Tomara
04-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Yes it is possible but highly unlikely that your cross-dressing is just a phase your going threw. Many of us have gone threw the purges and periods of time when we didn't dress but it always seems to come back and most of the time when it does come back it comes back stronger than the last time.
Do yourself a favor don't destroy your feminine things just find a safe storage place for them and you will save yourself lots of money the next time the feelings return.
Tomara

Jenny Beth
04-09-2010, 11:03 AM
What difference does it make whether it's a phase or not? What's important is if you feel like dressing then dress, if you don't then do something else. :)

Sarah Doepner
04-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Good luck with your car and please remember us favorably. If the desire ever returns I'm sure you will still find plenty of us here happy to have you back and wanting to hear about both your car and your newest outfit.

And to steal a phrase from smokers; "It's easy to quit crossdressing, I've done it at least a dozen times!"

Joanne f
04-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Yep definitely a phase, i am going to cast of my clothes tonight (:eek:) and not think of it again --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- until tomorrow :heehee:

jenna_woods
04-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I think we all have gone through this, 2 I have thrown everything away, the after a while before i know it I am buying new things, now if i get that feeling not to dress I leave all my preaty things there, till i want them again and I will, i know this now,I know my self will never stop dressing, at times not so much but never stop.

charlie
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Hello Katie!
I have gone twelve years without dressing and another time 8 years without dressing. It always came back. Just when I thought it was a "faze" that had died out, bang I was back in a dress. I have never figured out why, only that it must just be a part of me.

KatieEvans
04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not going to return to me now, When i was around 18-19 and looked at girls in dresses and high heels etc etc, i used to think wow she looks hot, id **** that, but also i want to wear what shes wearing, i don't feel that anymore.

I just want to give her one, as i say when i was 9-10 years old, uk people will know the magazine im refering to, i descoverd ' fast car magazine, i was intrigued by these modified cars and instantly wanted to own one as soon as i turned 17, then by the time i was 17 i wasn't really intereted at all i thought it was chavvy and i had outgrown it, and by this time i'd already descoverd dressing, but the urge im getting to mod my car is like the urges i used to get when i wanted to dress... hope people can understand what i mean by this... im also way too scared of someone one day finding my clothes and exposing me... well that isn't going to happen now as they are ash... but you know what i mean, i wish luck to all of you, as for me, im 100% dude..

Katie Evans signing out for the last time...

sherri52
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
If your not dressing fix up the car.
if the need comes buy some pantyhose and panties later

Annaliese2010
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
If you are an essential person in control of your destiny, you always have a choice, whatever the issue.

Tina B.
04-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Katie, you can do it! Oh, I know all the pros say it can't be cured, but I believe you can do it. I know everyone says they have tried and failed, but you can do it. Never let anyone tell you can't. If in ten years you decide to start dressing again, so what, maybe you will be able to handle it then. In the mean time you are the only one that knows just why you did it, just how you feel about it, and what you want to do about it. But trying to get a room full of Transgendered people to agree with it being easy to quite, that I just don't think you can do. I for one am wishing you luck in your attempt, and if it does not work, come on back, we'll be here, and you won't be the first one to come back, and if you do, I'm sure you won't be the last.
Tina B.

SuzanneBender
04-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I agree dressing is a phase. Its just a phase that has lasted almost 40 years for me!

Katie do what feels right. If you don't want to dress don't. If you eventually do want to dress again than do it. The key thing is just be you and enjoy every minute of it! :hugs:

ArleneRaquel
04-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Its been over 50 years for me. :battingeyelashes:

mapletree
04-09-2010, 08:38 PM
well I have thought it would pass
I left the canada and still a year latter it hit me
I have stopped for years ans then woops there it was again
There is just a part of me that really enjoys being a cross dresser
So I wish you the best

Annaliese2010
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't mean to sound callous and...this isn't directed at the owner of this thread but...jesus...like who cares anyways. Really. I mean, I have never been in the midst of more self-involved ppl in my fc'ing life. And I guess it makes me realize I am the same way: Me me me me...ad infinitum, ad nauseum. LOL. I mean...if it wasn't so funny it'd be maddenning. All this worrying: Is it right, is it wrong, should I stop, is it me or how I am? And btw how do I look? Am I passable? Should I do this, get that, wear it this way, put it on that way, behave a little more like that or something like her over there? And OMG, I sure wish I looked like her! Shit, maybe if I... I I I I...

Like there's not more important things to think about or do. Where the rubber meets the road it's simple: You're born --> you live a short while --> you die --> a small handful of ppl grieve or pretend to grieve for an instant --> you are Completely forgotten --> End of Story. So...as long as you don't hurt anybody, just do what you want, enjoy your brief visit to planet Earth, and forget about what you 'should' be doing, how you're gonna be 'judged' and by whom, or what it all means. Nothing means anything. All you got is NOW. Don't waste ur time thinking it's so god-awful important. It isn't. And if there is a God, that fcker doesn't care so why should you?!. Fcn-A!