PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressers... We talk or type to much.

Pepper2783
04-09-2010, 12:44 AM
We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?

NV Susan
04-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Just you girlfriend............Ha Ha I know what you mean....I also like them short and to the point. I can't believe I just said that!!!

Deborah Jane
04-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Anything with more than 3 lines in it and I can't be *rsed to read it.
I don't have the sort of attention span required!!

Persephone
04-09-2010, 01:35 AM
And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?

It's what we do. A GG friend calls and you're expected to listen as she goes on and on about how it is going with her relationship, what he said to her, what she said to him, and you listen as she gives you every detail, 'cause she just needs to tell her best friend all about it.

You use your bluetooth or you develop a certain sort of bend in your neck because while she talks you go on with your chores, shopping for groceries or doing the laundry or whatever, and, when you call her, she'll do the same thing.

I probably spend about 2 hours a day on the phone like that, back and forth with several different GG friends, some local, some across the country. Sometimes we'll be in touch with each other three (or more) different times during the day.

Being a woman isn't mostly about the clothes, it isn't about things at all, it's about relationships, and woman-to-womanl relationships are built on listening.

Doesn't surprise me when CD's act like other women and talk and talk or write and write.

eluuzion
04-09-2010, 01:51 AM
I agree and I admit I am one of those novelisticly prone types when I type. Surprisingly enough, in business and conversational settings, I keep it simple and focused.

Rambling (for lack of better description) is one of the side effects for Divergent thinkers like me.

Convergent thinking attempts to find a single, correct answer to a problem.(This is what most people do.)

Divergent Thinking: A cognitive process (a mode of critical thinking) in which a person generates many unique, creative responses to a single question or problem.
It is like playing an endless game of chess in my mind. I am always calculating the next 5 moves that everything around me will make. When typing, it is easy to drift off typing while thinking about other things.

sterling12
04-09-2010, 02:14 AM
You are a Very Young Pup around here. I'm sure some of The others will be expecting us to rip you to shreds, but we will try to avoid being really mean, it's counter-productive.

Ahem!!!! If you want to stick around, and learn to be an "Old Dog," here are some simple tips. You can pay attention, or ignore at your peril, it's your choice.

Don't be blasting people about how they write! We try and let everybody have their say, regardless of whether or not they can communicate clearly. If you think what people write is too long, then don't read it! If you have a short attention span, there are exercises and remedial courses that can help you. And, since you feel free to comment about others, you might try and use The Spell Check, and learn how to Edit your writing. You have quite a few dropped words and misspells in your message, it makes it hard for us to keep our attention on what your writing, when we have to "translate."

Last thing, I think Tamara was being kind to you when she edited out your profanity. DO NOT insert "F-Bombs" into your prose. This will get you in trouble, and if you can't find a substitute phrase, you shouldn't have written it in The First Place.

I hope you can take this in The Spirit of Constructive Criticism. I hope that you took The Time to read it! But, then again; it probably is too long-winded for you. Sorry that we probably lost you around sentence number three.

Peace and Love, Joanie

eileendover
04-09-2010, 02:20 AM
For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say.

You've answered your own question. For those of us in a closet, we have no one else to discuss things with, so we use this forum for that exact purpose.

Ms Jennifer
04-09-2010, 04:18 AM
:love:I am guilty as charged :eek:But it is not like I can stand around the water cooler and talk about makeup and girly things like that.Like "HEY BOB DID YOU TRY THE NEW LIP GLOSS FROM REVLON" :D I think I will keep my long winded conversations here.:daydreaming:Thanks:heehee:

Rachaelb64
04-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Simple to the point yes.......when typing

Talking well thats another story completely............waffle, I say till the cows come home, go out again, then died of old age! I blame the Irish in me why make a story short when you can walk round the Wrekin with it thats what I say and mostly I do go off tangent, can't help it these ideas keep popping into my head, none of them contacted of course that would be toooo simple having ideas contacted to each, mind you roads are contacted to each, I always thought that you use the road systems as a good example of the circulatory systems of the body, strange but do circles have a point............................................. ............... ;D

Kaitlyn Michele
04-09-2010, 07:18 AM
maybe you should join a support forum where the limit is 2 or 3 lines..

Amy Lynn3
04-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Yeah!!!!!! What Joanie said above. See, I can say what I want to say in less than three lines. Hope this helps!!

KayleeDahl
04-09-2010, 07:52 AM
I'd put together a well thought out response, but it would end up being more than a couple lines!

Hugs
Kaylee

Joanne f
04-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Are you suggesting that we like to talk a lot about ourselves and what we do, NO NO NO that would never happen here on this forum :eek::laughing:

jenifer m.
04-09-2010, 08:56 AM
if they are too long then dont read them.but i happen to like reading what all my sisters have on their minds.its what the forum is for.

insearchofme
04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Well said Joanie!

Frédérique
04-09-2010, 09:25 AM
We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?

Well, I can’t see you, so I can’t talk to you face to face – this place is a mountain of words created by discussion, in an attempt to communicate with other crossdressers. Some of us like to write, and some of us don’t. Some members don’t post at all, but I digress…

I don’t have a problem with long posts, if that’s what you’re getting at. Everyone has their own style, and I would be remiss if I didn’t say that the interesting discussion herein attracted me to the place – I just worried if I could make an equally meaningful contribution. We sure have a lot to say? If you’re in the closet physically, you can at least “get out” in this way (writing), and feel good for a short time. I remember a time when there were no discussion groups, after all. I’m surprised there is so much to talk about! I was on a forum for artists (since I am one), but I much prefer this place – you never know what to expect from day to day, and the members are very interesting…:doh:

BTW, did you know that Adolph Hitler was a gifted public speaker, but a mediocre writer? I think I’m going to write (and illustrate) a graphic novel called “The Adventures Of Freddy,” just for you…:heehee:

Nicole Erin
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Often the rambling ends up off on too many tangents. How much is said is not so much a problem as it going off-point too much.
The longest ones are when some explain how it all got started. Crap like -

"So then when I was 10, I was on the football team and we had this one guy who's mom worked at the local hospital that got torn down around 1982, or was it 1983, yeah it was 1983 cause the same year the price of eggs had spiked and my dad was working at...."
WHO CARES?!?!

SexiBobbi
04-09-2010, 10:10 AM
I am with the short and sweet crowd. But I prefer it with all forms of communication. On these forums, on the phone, and especially texting.
(If ya wanna talk with someone who goes on and on call my mom.)
I will read a short paragraph or two on here but when it gets to be a novel, then I get impatient. However, I am impatient by nature. If I am put on hold hang up after three minutes.
But my teenage daughters are the worst. (there is 4 of them). They never call, always text. And when they text me they go on and on like my mom.

GingerLeigh
04-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Guilty long posts. Too much say. Will keep short. Not want lose people interest. This better?

The world is too focused on keeping things brief anymore. Our blessed language is being shredded into silly little acronyms. LOL!
How can someone write their life story in two sentences?
I'm a long winded old gurl and cannot help myself. I just like hearing myself talk/type, ticketty, ticketty, tap, tap... mmmmm...utopia.

Ginger

mklinden2010
04-09-2010, 10:26 AM
It would, perhaps, be a real time saver if every question could be answered, "yes," or, "no."

But your question, for example, is more whine than question and anyone responding might do so because their thinking would be that you might have a sincere need for information that would be of use to you.

Sterling12's post, for example, is instructive and taken to heart might have you successfully suing any school you graduated from, if you did, for passing you through without fully educating you on the "reading and writing" part of "reading, writing, and, arithmetic."

But, it may be taken as a personal attack and be deleted by the moderator - if for no other reason than sterling12 takes you to task for your grammar and spelling. Which, by the forum rules, is not often allowed.

In this case, however, it might be allowed to stand because theirs is, in the long run, something that might be a positive set of suggestions for you to explore and apply.

And, that, my friend, is what this site is all about - in one way or another.

Sarah Doepner
04-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Maybe there is an opening here for a crossdresser twitter site. I won't go there, but I'm sure others would. Maybe it would read like this:

Out today, pink panty-bra set under cute top and floral skirt. Passion Pink nails. yay me!

Kathi Lake
04-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I am also guilty of posts that are a bit longer (but just a bit! :)) than two to three lines. Heck, sometimes I get that far just setting the post up!

Megan, as many have said, this place is an outlet for us. It is a place where we can say all those things we stored because there is no other outlet for many of us. Would I tell these things to my wife? No. She doesn't want to hear about my shopping trips. Of course, that could be said about many of the people on this board, as well. :) Still, there are those that appreciate all the little details. Those people are who I write my posts for - well, I also write them for me.

So, you can do one of two things; One, you can stop moving your lips when you read. You'll find you can read faster that way. :) Two, you can post your experiences here as well. Megan, we want to hear about not only what you did, but how it made you feel, how it changed you. We're your friends, talk to us!

Kathi

eluuzion
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey, I know...Tamara could use the same method I used to clean up the cursing by the 25 techs in the service dept of a business I managed a while back....
Everytime someone said a curse word, they had to put 50 cents in this big glass vase I purched on the service desk.

It worked, and we ended up with enough money to cover a volleyball bar party and the entire bar tab at the end of the year!

jus' kidn'...putting limits on posting length would make the forum something like a silent version of "Jeopardy". "I'll take 12 lines of typing for $200, Alex". hehe..:tongueout

Crystal Alberta
04-09-2010, 02:45 PM
And they say that attention spans are getting shorter . . .

I'll agree that there are times when a little restraint is in order. Many of the regulars here have noted the folly of continually bombarding SOs with tales of crossdressing, especially right after coming out to them. At the same time, the reason so many of us make that mistake is that it is such a relief, and such a therapeutic experience, to be able to talk openly about ourselves and what we do. That's why forums like this are so important, especially for those who don't have anyone else to talk to. I don't expect everyone to read everything I write, but it's nice to know that someone is listening.

Personally, I find I'm more likely to read a long post than a short one. As often as not, it takes a bit of space to properly tell a good story or really communicate a thought-provoking idea.

Crystal

Secret Drawer
04-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Thank you Iluuzion, I always enjoy reading through various posts on this site of any length, especially when they offer random insite like yours did. I am a divergent thinker... That is fantastic! I thought I was a "conversationalist," after an old boss came up with it as a description for my babbling mannerisms. But it could also be one of the traits of the girls inside us that seperate us from the world of men that we are stuck in...Or.... well, LOL.:D

Mary Morgan
04-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I love brevity as much as the next, but sometimes being brief causes a thought or idea to be confusing or completely lost to me. You all just keep plunking on the keyborad and I'll decide how much effort I want to put into reading yoour posts. This is a great forum and I love the fact that it comes in so many flavors.

AllieSF
04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
As you have seen, short posts can attract all kinds of responses, some short, some long, and a few critical to what you have written. I find myself sometimes writing more than I really care to write because I have seen short threads be totally misunderstood from the OP's original intent. That then leads to a lot of unnecessary bashing, where clearer writing, better sentence structure would help others to correctly understand. However, all that being said, misunderstood or critical posts tend to generate a lot of spirited, sometimes mean responses. Those can be some interesting threads, even if the original line of thought is totally lost!

noeleena
04-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Hi..

Theres two sides to this are you a male or a woman .
im a woman with a male back ground . who could not string two lines together let alone express what i was trying to say on here the writen word, i thought over the last 3 years i was getting better seems not ,so, having dyslexia & not being able to learn i struggle with what im trying to say let alone spell & do grammar ,
so there you have it & there are a few like this & they wont write & thats a pity ,

As a woman i speak as one so that comes out in what im trying to say . if you like ,long winded & thats a womans trait of not just say what you need to hear in 3 words , we take 50 words we think differently & we spend time to gether just talking , we may cover a lot of things so get used to us,
& theres more i could say , i wont bore you as i could be here for a while longer .
oh dear thats 12 lines thats not to bad ,,,,a,,,,,

...noeleena...

Billie1
04-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Talk and chat ... isn't that what girls do best?
As I always say, stick with your strengths!

Kaitlyn Michele
04-10-2010, 08:26 AM
"So then when I was 10, I was on the football team and we had this one guy who's mom worked at the local hospital that got torn down around 1982, or was it 1983, yeah it was 1983 cause the same year the price of eggs had spiked and my dad was working at...."
WHO CARES?!?!

hey stop quoting my posts!!!!! and you left out the part about the old lady that wore the green galoshes that always complained about those eggs!!!:daydreaming:

Vivian Best
04-10-2010, 08:53 AM
And they say that attention spans are getting shorter . . .

I'll agree that there are times when a little restraint is in order. Many of the regulars here have noted the folly of continually bombarding SOs with tales of crossdressing, especially right after coming out to them. At the same time, the reason so many of us make that mistake is that it is such a relief, and such a therapeutic experience, to be able to talk openly about ourselves and what we do. That's why forums like this are so important, especially for those who don't have anyone else to talk to. I don't expect everyone to read everything I write, but it's nice to know that someone is listening.

Personally, I find I'm more likely to read a long post than a short one. As often as not, it takes a bit of space to properly tell a good story or really communicate a thought-provoking idea.

Crystal

Crystal has eloquently expressed my feelings perfectly!

Pepper2783
04-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow as always some of you took very hard offence to my topic. I mean no harm. I do it my self. Some of you need to laugh at stop taking every thing so serious.

Have a drink relax gurls :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I mean lets face it I would have read all the post, but some were just way to long. lmao

sherri52
04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
It's the fem part of us coming out. Haven't you ever noticed when you get home from work and the wife asks how your day was. As a man you give a very simple answer. Ask her the same question and you can't get out of the room fast enough. Now that we have accepted our other side we tend to give more when asked a question and we offer more detail to our conversation. Congratulations you have all become women.

Renelle
04-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Abe Lincoln once said "A man's legs should be long enough to reach the ground". Any communication should be long or short enough to tell the tale and/or make the point. 'Nuff said.

Stacy L
04-10-2010, 01:33 PM

I don’t mind reading long post, as long as the writer uses some punctuation and paragraphs.:)

Thepostthatarelongwithallofthesentencesjammedtoget herarehardtoread. :Pullhair:
Just like that sentence.

Rianna Humble
04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls.

Too much by what standard? I like short posts if they get their point across, but when you are commenting, say, on what brought you to the point where you accepted yourself, then that can't be said in two single syllable words.

For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say.

Those who are in the closet don't have many people to talk to, even some of us who aren't. Here we are generally sure of a friendly, tolerant reception.

And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?

One of the great things about these forums is that you are free to choose what you do or don't want to read.

steff
04-10-2010, 01:48 PM
hiya,
you sound like a fun girl

Kate Simmons
04-10-2010, 04:33 PM
LOL. It comes with the "turf" Megan. Use it or lose it, no?:)

Jodi
04-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I will read a long post if it is clear, with use of punctuation, and use of paragraphs. Occasionally, there will be a post that uses no capitals, no punctuation, no spacing and no paragraphs. These I do not read. I also skip past those posts that are written in the form of a text message.

Just me as a I have a great proplem processing something that is all run together.

Jodi

celeste26
04-10-2010, 09:20 PM
we all seem to have too much time on our hands.:daydreaming:

Angiemead12
04-11-2010, 08:29 PM
i like watching videos more than reading! hehe

but i do love long replies if it has meaning!

Annaliese2010
04-12-2010, 12:04 AM
We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?Tell me bout it. I can't help it, actually. When I wish to express something that has captivated my interest I can write and write and never stop. And it's not that I even have to try. Whatever I'm writing sort of writes itself, if that makes sense. It's some process that is self-organizing and in autopilot mode. I often don't even know what I'm going to say next, it just happens. Sometimes I find myself laughing at what I just wrote, as if I were looking in, reading someone elses work. I mean yea, I'm doing the typing and yea I'm piloting this body, so to say, but there's something about the thought process that's self governing I surmise. It speaks to the incredible anatomical miracle that is the human brain, I would say, not who happens to 'own it', if you don't mind my putting it in those terms - which yea, sounds kind of crazy, grant you that. IDK, maybe it's different for different individuals, as we've heard it oft said that no two people are alike, though i would challenge the legitimacy of such a statement, but...it probably has some validity in a general sense.

Now...about how so many of 'us' seem to be so very verbal. Yes. This is something I've noticed here as well. As though I am among kindred souls, at least as far as having perhaps a little too much propensity for verbal expression ( or typing, same diff). I've not always been this way although I have always loved words, can remember being fascinated with my 1st dictionary when a boy, and generally enthralled by the vast sea of words, most of which, of course, I am not familiar. I love using new words I might have recently heard and looked up to find their meaning if it wasn't gleaned by context. Though they are far and few between, the times when I do hear some word with which I am not familiar. For me the hardest thing isn't putting thoughts into words, as I say, that happens as if on its own. It's cleaning them up after they're written, doing grammatical corrections (there are many many things about grammar I just don't have a clue), and spelling corrections, though the latter is more the result of my being a horrible typist than not knowing the correct spelling.

It's a challenge for me to self-edit. Moreover, and something that has personal import if I am EVER to find attract and keep the woman of my dreams, I MUST learn to be the fc QUIET! GD IT! I think I've been tagged as gay or pre-gay (LOL) by a number of women I adore, but now have no interest in me. Grrrrrr. It's like swimming upstream, going against the grain, BUT....I mean...worth it! Know what I mean? Hell yea! In fact, I'd do ANY thing become ANY way to have and obtain THAT which I. SO. Desperately NEED! Damn straight! (LOL)

Ah but I digress... All I really wanted to point out is the fact that an area of the human brain, the planum temporale, has for a long time been linked to speech association and general linguistics ability. It is temporal lobe, cortical, bilateral, but asymmetrical where it is more highly represented in the left hemisphere, as one would expect by its symbolic functionality. But here's the thing (finally!): It is significantly more highly developed in adult females vs males, AND during fetal development, the neuroanatomy of this area starts much earlier in females compared to males. I don't know if there have been any formal studies but I would guess that in gay males, and in the non-gay transgendered (which I define as a high-level crossdresser i.e. one who feels femme a priori, independent of clothes) there is perhaps this same or similar level of development for this critical brain region, so that for these individuals there is an elaboration of its intrinsic neural network to an extent that far exceeds the norm vis a vis the typical male.

Now...extending this hypothesis...perhaps this is only one aspect of a more global patterning of female-like neuro-architecture that occurs in such males, which would result in a more pronounced feminine mystique wrt personality, character and behavior. If so, and if this could be determined by non-invasive functional brain mapping techniques, then one would know where one stood, others would too, the general public would understand, and social acceptance, indeed, celebration (i.e. Hallmark cards, TG/CD day) would ensue. Also, perhaps more importantly, there would be eliminated the general misunderstanding that is the source of so much misery. TG's wouldn't feel tormented and GG women wouldn't be slighted, surprised or devastated - knowing to avoid us or at least entering into relationships with their eyes open, not wide-shut, if you know what I mean.

There! Finis! Tee HEE! I not only answered your threads query but unintentionally provided an example of that to which it makes reference AND inadvertently saved the world to boot. So...where's my prize yeah?

eluuzion
04-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Thank you Iluuzion, I always enjoy reading through various posts on this site of any length, especially when they offer random insite like yours did. I am a divergent thinker... That is fantastic! I thought I was a "conversationalist," after an old boss came up with it as a description for my babbling mannerisms. But it could also be one of the traits of the girls inside us that seperate us from the world of men that we are stuck in...Or.... well, LOL.:D

Hiya SD,

If there is one thing that you can always count on from me, it is “random insight”. :eek:
Matter of fact, my daughter and her friends all use the same word to describe me…”random”.

Just to clarify, or mystify (take your pick)…

Here is another option as a possible “cause”…
Legorrhea-- uncontrollable, excessive talking (often seen in mania and schizophrenia)! :D

Divergent thinking is usually confirmed in the results of a battery of psychological tests that the psychological/psychiatric community is so fond of administering to “patients”.
Back when I was around 18 yrs old, my psychiatrist summed up my tests as—

high I.Q percentile, advanced abstract reasoning skills, confirmed predictive/ divergent thought processing, and highly elevated sense of curiosity. I was also “tested” for having potential to be what is now called a “Truth Wizard”. (Innate ability to recognize lies). I was close, but no “cigar” on that one.:daydreaming:

He also told me it was like having a "gift" for success in many areas. The “downside” was that it would be extremely difficult to form lasting intimate relationships, as few will stick around long enough to understand me, making me entertaining, but a “loner”.

He was right…go figure.:doh:

Perissologia
…”It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure”.:thumbsup:

Yakity, yak yak…lol:hugs:

E

Nadia-Maria
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM
...high I.Q percentile, advanced abstract reasoning skills, confirmed predictive/ divergent thought processing, highly elevated sense of curiosity.(...) a “Truth Wizard”. (Innate ability to recognize lies).
(...) having a "gift" for success in many areas.

Congratulations ! :tongueout
I presume your psychologist found also you were exceedingly demure, furiously unpretientious, and especially proud at being so !! :love: LOL ! :devil:

Pepper2783
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Ok so again I read the post. Now some of you still don't get it. Some of you didn't even read the post. Talk about what ever, and some of you started talking about some thing els completely different way off topic.

Annaliese2010 You're prize is ice for the finger and hands. lol Gurl you must be tired as heck after that post. Some one needs a nap.

crusadergirl
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I also like to read ones with 2 or 3 lines and we do like to talk and type to much. I don't do it very often since i almost never dress up. Bankai !!!!!!!!

mklinden2010
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
**We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?

Probably.

victoriamwilliams1
04-12-2010, 03:27 PM
I guess we are just like women! instead of talking we type too much:)

Ruth
04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Eluuzion, the excessive talking disorder is logorrhoea.
Legorrhoea is probably something like having too many legs (keeping 2 legs smooth is a big enough job, so I'm glad I don't have more).
Anyway, with length of posts, it's quality, not quantity.

PhillyGuy2Girl
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I know I talk too much sometimes. My wife calls me a "Chatty Cathy" whenever I'm in guy mode or femme mode and especially when I have a few drinks.

Felicity :)

Kathi Lake
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok so again I read the post. Now some of you still don't get it. Some of you didn't even read the post. Talk about what ever, and some of you started talking about some thing els completely different way off topic.Megan,

Chill. Relax. Be. Yes, sometimes topics do go off-track a bit. Yes, sometimes we answer a question that the OP didn't ask. We're human. Forgive us.

So, you are right. Sometimes we go to great lengths and use many words and concepts to say nothing at all. Ah well. As others have said, if you come up on a post that is too long to hold your interest, by all means, skip it. There are those here that like them that way. They won't skip it. :)

Kathi

minalost
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
You are a Very Young Pup around here. I'm sure some of The others will be expecting us to rip you to shreds, but we will try to avoid being really mean, it's counter-productive.

Ahem!!!! If you want to stick around, and learn to be an "Old Dog," here are some simple tips. You can pay attention, or ignore at your peril, it's your choice.

Don't be blasting people about how they write! We try and let everybody have their say, regardless of whether or not they can communicate clearly. If you think what people write is too long, then don't read it! If you have a short attention span, there are exercises and remedial courses that can help you. And, since you feel free to comment about others, you might try and use The Spell Check, and learn how to Edit your writing. You have quite a few dropped words and misspells in your message, it makes it hard for us to keep our attention on what your writing, when we have to "translate."

Last thing, I think Tamara was being kind to you when she edited out your profanity. DO NOT insert "F-Bombs" into your prose. This will get you in trouble, and if you can't find a substitute phrase, you shouldn't have written it in The First Place.

I hope you can take this in The Spirit of Constructive Criticism. I hope that you took The Time to read it! But, then again; it probably is too long-winded for you. Sorry that we probably lost you around sentence number three.

Peace and Love, Joanie

So just read the stuff you want too. I sometimes don't have time to read the long posts too, but I don't tell people how or what to write.
Justy my :2c:.
:hugs:

Annaliese2010
04-13-2010, 12:20 AM
...Annaliese2010 You're prize is ice for the finger and hands. lol Gurl you must be tired as heck after that post. Some one needs a nap.Awww?! Thanks for the 'finger-ice' Megan! How'd you know London sapphire was my fave gemstone? This doesn't mean I can't date other girls I hope. Cuz I'm a free bitch baby! :battingeyelashes:

eluuzion
04-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Congratulations ! :tongueout
I presume your psychologist found also you were exceedingly demure, furiously unpretientious, and especially proud at being so !! :love: LOL ! :devil:

Nadia,
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.:D

Oops, my context kind of sounded like “Eluuzion’s delusions of adequacy”…>>> ”and…if I am elected as the next Ruler of Planet Earth, I promise that I will also fix all CD related problems”…:sb:

In my post, I failed to state that at that time I was seeing a psychiatrist twice a week (at request of my parents), to try and resolve “my” serious relationship conflicts with my father. Those “test results” were being presented to me as a contributing factor in my father’s inability to interpret my behavior or succeed in his desire to “control me”.

My psychiatrist also suggested those “traits” would be a continuous barrier to forming any lasting intimate relationships during my life. I have always viewed them as life burdens to carry, rather than assets to flaunt. I would trade any one or all of them in a heartbeat, for an intimate relationship. I attract “golddiggers” that drain my money and use my resources, then move on. I have 3 ex wives proving his prediction was correct. :rolleyes:

Although I do possess solid ego-strength…I can assure you that none of those traits/abilities were mentioned to impress anyone. In my mind, they are more of a “curse” than a “gift/asset”. boohoo poor me.lol
Megan
My apologies for the digression, I did not intend to hijack your thread.

Back on topic…
Yes, we probably talk “too much”.
I was hoping that becoming more feminine would increase my breast size, but apparently, it just increases the desire to “babble”. :D

I cannot stay with long posts because I get logged off for idle timeout.

And they lived Happily ever after…the end…

eluuzion
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Eluuzion, the excessive talking disorder is logorrhoea.
Legorrhoea is probably something like having too many legs (keeping 2 legs smooth is a big enough job, so I'm glad I don't have more).
Anyway, with length of posts, it's quality, not quantity.

Hiya Ruth,
Checking my medical dictionary, I found I did not have the correct spelling, and technically, I also used the term incorrectly. You were correct in correcting my incorrect spelling. You spelled it correctly. I stand corrected. :bonk:

Logomania = overtalkativeness
Logorrhea = excessive vocabulary
Logorrhoea = not in my medical dictionary, so I will take your word for it...
Legorrhea = not a word. Maybe slang for kids playing with Legos too much.
Longoria = Eva Longoria, Hollywood actress starring in “Desperate Housewives”.

There we go, all better :) lol

Pepper2783
04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
HA HA Love to my gurls SUZY and Annaliese2010.