PDA

View Full Version : A Lesson Learned

Susan Dee
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
A bit of a mixed day yesterday, and a lesson learned.

I had a lovely quiet morning to myself dressed, and in relaxed girl mode. A nice new top and skirt, and I was just floating along.

In the afternoon I had an appointment with my physiotherapist (physical therapist) about an ongoing problem with my shoulder. Arriving at the treatment centre - by now in boy mode but still with a happy smile - I was shown into the treatment room. The physiotherapist went to get my notes, and as I slipped my shirt off I suddenly thought..... what if I had marks where my bra had been?? A quick look in the mirror and it all looked ok, but I went from very happy to very worried in about 1 second flat.

Lesson learned - if you want to spend all morning dressed, do it on a day when you don't have to take off your shirt in the afternoon.

RADER
04-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Been Their; done that. I went out to do yard work last year, rite after
taking off my long-line Bra. My wife stooped me, told me to look in the
mirror, then put on a shirt. I did, and I did. wow, a close call. Rader

mapletree
04-09-2010, 03:16 PM
yes this sort has happened to me with
painted toe nails and going swimming
painted toe nails with hole in sock very nice pink
and my fav pink underwear to the doctor --i still can not believe it

Abbey Lane
04-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes I agree with your statement. I wear panties all the time and my wife knows that and that is the only thing she knows about Abbey. But when I go to the doctor I make sure I always take off my VS or Olga panties and put on those horrible mens briefs. Ah I hate them. Bring on the weekend.

LaneyJane
04-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Well, I've done it myself. Went to an intake for physical therapy underdressed. I didn't realize that the intake would involve treatment, I thought I would be filling out paperwork and reviewing my medical record. After a bit of hands-on treatment my therapist asked (naively) if I was wearing a bra, and I told her yes, it helps my posture I said. She really supported this approach (sorry about the pun), and said no big deal. The whole office was very cool with it for the duration of my treatment and made me feel well accepted.
Laney

Phyliss
04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
A bit of a mixed day yesterday, and a lesson learned.
... as I slipped my shirt off I suddenly thought..... what if I had marks where my bra had been?? A quick look in the mirror and it all looked ok, but I went from very happy to very worried in about 1 second flat.
Lesson learned - if you want to spend all morning dressed, do it on a day when you don't have to take off your shirt in the afternoon.

Or,... be like me, ... flat out don't give two rodent rumps about who thinks anything of what I do or am wearing.

sandra-leigh
04-09-2010, 08:47 PM
It took several years before I said anything to my GP, but he knows now... and in fact he pretty much dared me to wear a dress to my next appointment. I didn't do that because I dress for me, not on command -- but I did wear a skirt and femme top and forms, and Yes, I sat for well over an hour in the waiting room that way. When he saw me, he quickly discarded his bit of doubt... well, not about my sincerity, but about my dedication, about the importance of it to me. Now when I go to my appointments, I wear skirts or dresses or at least an obvious top and forms... and the wait times have increased to 1 1/2 hours. The other patients in the waiting room don't seem to care.

The only time that I have been faced with a situation similar to what others describe, was the day I really wrenched my back (hurrying in heels, got a muscle spasm or something like that), that was just getting worse as the day went on at work. I called my local massage therapy place and was lucky enough to get an appointment that afternoon. The place is only about 5 blocks from my home, along the same bus route; and I did consider stopping at home and changing underwear and walking over, but my back was hurting so much that I knew I wouldn't be able to walk that far, so I just stayed on the bus the extra two stops and went as-is. When you in pain and a lot of sales clerks already know about you, whether yet one more person finds out about you becomes a minor consideration.

sherri52
04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I had a customer come into my store while I was wearing a bikini. I got pants and a shirt on before they walked into the door but forgot that an orange bikini top shows throught a white T shirt.

Diane Smith
04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't hide my "stuff" (polished nails, panties, femme tattoos, body piercings, etc.) from any of the professionals I work with. Only a little bit of it shows when I am dressed for a normal days' outing, but in the privacy of an exam room, massage appointment or salon, they are welcome to look at anything I've got!

- Diane

noeleena
04-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Hi,

I told Jos i was not going to wear any mens knickers anymore 12 years ago. so i went out & bought some new ones & with Jos .
After a while we had to see our G P . so Jos said youd better change them . oh why i said nope so went to see our G P who is or ,, (( was . )) passed on ,
got undressed was seen nothing was ever said . till some two years later when i told her i was a woman she was not bothered in the lest . hated male clothes full stop . of cause later it was painted nails then earings same thing Jos on my back get that off , then ,you cant wear those . oh yes i can . he he . just studs i looked at every one to see if they were looking at me , hey guess what , nobody was . no surprises .
Now to damm late .

...noeleena...

CamillaCD
04-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Why should the physiotherapist care ? Unless wearing a bra is part the shoulder problem :)

Susan Dee
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Unless wearing a bra is part the shoulder problem :)

No, but ......

my therapist asked (naively) if I was wearing a bra, and I told her yes, it helps my posture I said. She really supported this approach (sorry about the pun), and said no big deal.Laney

...... maybe I could persuade the physiotherapist that wearing a bra is part of the solution :heehee:

Billijo49504
04-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I too have been there. Got a call that I needed a EKG and the nurse would wait for me to get there. So I could have surgery two days later. I took off my bra and left for the office. As soon as I got there I was told to strip from the waste up. She was very profeshional. Then as she was taking the leads off, she told me my bra was too tight..:drink:...BJ

t-girlxsophie
04-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Once went to work with my favourite Necklace on,only worry was one of the girls took a Fancy to it :D

Sarah Doepner
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
The impressions in the skin from straps or tight shoes are temporary. Wait until you get sunburn in the pattern of your girly top or cute strappy sandals. You will have plenty of chances over the next week or two to find creative excuses for the pattern.

STEFFICAPRI
04-10-2010, 08:15 PM
He-he.........been there too..........I had dressed over the weekend....panited nails and everything.......forgot to remove nail varnish form my toes and went to the gym on the monday.......rather a change was required..........and an interesting shower after my workout !!!:o

Jamie001
04-10-2010, 10:32 PM
It really doesn't matter. Just tell people that you like nail polish. It's not a big deal. MMA fighters, race car drivers, actors and others wear nail polish now-a-days.

He-he.........been there too..........I had dressed over the weekend....panited nails and everything.......forgot to remove nail varnish form my toes and went to the gym on the monday.......rather a change was required..........and an interesting shower after my workout !!!:o

Cathytg
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Plan, plan, plan.

Dee2U
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Physiotherapists are medical professionals. This means several things, but in this case it should mean acceptance of your lifestyle unless it creates or may create a health issue and then they are obligated to counsel you to change. Your bra is immaterial in this case and I suggest s/he would have accepted your honest reply probably more than your actual reply since s/he would have biomechanical questions (at least to him or herself) about how the bra would have helped. If it really did help there might have even been a chance that s/he would have counselled others to try a bra....Dee