PDA

View Full Version : Crash Kit

Persephone
04-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Some like to carry a "crash kit" when they go out, a way to fall back to a male appearance should something require it.

I usually prefer not to do that. My theory is that if you can't handle most any circumstance en femme, then don't wander too far from home en femme. (O.K., I carry a few makeup remover tissues in my center console, but that's it).

After my morning adventure ("There Goes The Neighborhood") (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129849) I got ready for my regular pedicure.

I usually go to that salon in "high androgyny," which, for me, basically means everything except a bra and breast forms.

I wore multi-hued capris, a women's pink polo shirt over a beige cami, makeup, cork-wedge sandals, and jewelry.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/CrashKit.jpg

As always, I enjoyed chatting with my friends at the salon while getting my pedicure, ending with OPI "Red as a Rose" polish with a hand-painted silver and white shooting star on each big toe.

I planned on heading for home, but, as I drove down the street I discovered that the gardener was there. He has a good friendship with my male self and I didn't want to jeopardize that, so I turned around and headed back out.

That's when my "crash kit" came in handy! Prepared for unexpected events, I'd brought along my breast forms. I slipped them into the shelf bra of my cami, touched up my makeup, and headed out to lunch, followed by a visit to the library.

Saved by my "crash kit!"

sherri52
04-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I sometimes travel far distances while enfemme. If the car breaks down I don't want to be questioned about the male on the credit card that's going to pay for a 75 mile one way taxi ride. There is no public transportation in the sticks

Persephone
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
If questioned, perhaps you have your husband's credit card?

Loni
04-09-2010, 06:39 PM
i do not have a "crash" kit.

but i do have a "bob" bug out bag. it is in case of nat daster, or such. and i can not get back to my house with in a day. or three. or need to get very far away from there.
clothing for a couple days, food, shelter, water, much needed paper, etc.

this is a good thing for anyone to have in there truck or trunk of the car. just having food and water if stuck in traffic for hours, is a good thing.

Loni

StaceyJane
04-09-2010, 06:40 PM
When I first started going out driving en femme. i was prepared for anything.
Nowadays I usually bring some spare male clothes if I'm going a pretty good distance such as an hour drive to Austin or a 40 minute drive to Georgetown.
A drive around town I usually don't pack any extra clothes.

AllieSF
04-10-2010, 12:11 AM
I am a little confused because you go out en femme and almost en femme just about everywhere, and if I understand from your previous posts that your neighbors seem to know you are "different". So, why worry about the gardener? If you are more in the closet to family, friends and neighbors than I think, then I totally understand your concerns with the gardener.

Anyway, enough about my confusion, and back to your Crash Kit. I always carry a change of clothes in a bag in my car from jacket to socks and shoes. For emergencies, whatever they may be. If I can, I just drive into my garage en femme when I get home from a day or night out. If my son is home, then I change before I get home remembering to remove all jewelry and makeup before walking in the door. Unlike you, I am totally in the closet to my family and neighbors with whom I am very good friends. I do go out whenever I can, which fortunately is quite often. I am more concerned with situations where I need to change a tire or something more serious and getting back into my house undercover, so to speak.

kellycan27
04-10-2010, 12:36 AM
My crash kit consists of.. A new pair of nylons, super glue, and flats. :heehee:

kel

Persephone
04-10-2010, 01:12 AM
I am a little confused because you go out en femme and almost en femme just about everywhere, and if I understand from your previous posts that your neighbors seem to know you are "different". So, why worry about the gardener? If you are more in the closet to family, friends and neighbors than I think, then I totally understand your concerns with the gardener.

I guess I'm just weird, Allie, but there are some people I just feel uncomfortable being out to. For some reason, the gardener and the poolman are on that list.

I like to think that it is because "he" has made friends with them and that I don't want to jeopardize that relationship, but it could also be because they remind me of some of the guys from high school who took delight in trying to terrorize guys like me.

In reality it is probably one of those "don't ask, don't tell" kinds of things because I know that the poolman has seen me running en femme in the neighborhood. But he's never said anything and so neither have I. Instead, we do the usual guy b.s. -- about the suspensions on our 4-WD vehicles and stuff like that.

I think you understand because you put it so well when you included a couple of qualifiers in describing how I "go out en femme and almost en femme just about everywhere."

I hope I haven't betrayed your confidence in my "out and about" attitude.

As to changing a tire and other situations of that type, instead of carrying a "crash kit" I ask mysef "WWGGD?" (What would a genetic girl do?) and then I try to act accordingly.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sally24
04-10-2010, 07:56 AM
I used to carry multiples of everything and a full set of male clothes. Now I bring my makeup kit and some accessories, but that's it. Even when I'm going out to clubs and wearing something pretty small I don't bring backups. I've changed my tire in a dress (with no staining and then headed out for a full evening of dancing), talked to police officers on multiple occasions, walked around the streets of Boston in the middle of the night, so I think I can probably handle anything in Sally mode.

jenifer m.
04-10-2010, 08:07 AM
if ever going out en full fem i will nalways carry a wet towel to wipe off make up.and i always have a spare pair of drabs handy.but its been so long since ive gone out fully dressed now that i may need to do a practice run.oh such is the life i guess.

Frédérique
04-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Some like to carry a "crash kit" when they go out, a way to fall back to a male appearance should something require it.
I usually prefer not to do that. My theory is that if you can't handle most any circumstance en femme, then don't wander too far from home en femme.

Oh, I can handle it – it’s the others that have problems with me…:eek:

That is good advice, but my curiosity often gets the better of me, and I wander quite a ways from my home en femme. It’s important to see how far you can go, but you need to exercise common sense. I’ve gone quite a long way, but I always have my “crash kit’ with me. So far, I’ve never had to use it, but I can see (or feel) problems coming. I once changed at a rest area on the Colorado-Utah border for no apparent reason*, and when I drove across the border into Utah I was met by a State Police Roadblock! Good thing I wasn't wearing dress...:heehee:

*Women’s intuition, I suppose…

SexiBobbi
04-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Since I am still in the closet at home and have to change elsewhere, I always have drab clothing to change back into.

boardpuppy
04-10-2010, 09:00 AM
I guess you could say my crash kit was the long vinal coat I wear over my fem things when entering/returning home when any of the Grands are there. However, they do know I wear a bra.

Vivian Best
04-10-2010, 09:11 AM

That's when my "crash kit" came in handy! Prepared for unexpected events, I'd brought along my breast forms. I slipped them into the shelf bra of my cami, touched up my makeup, and headed out to lunch, followed by a visit to the library.

Saved by my "crash kit!"

I've got to say you totally took me in with the idea of "crash kit". I was thinking of the male crash kit completely.

AllieSF
04-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your explanation. I was not trying to be critical, more of a curiosity thing that is typical of me. If I was out more locally with family and friends, then I might have a few people that I would rather not like to know about me. I want the male gear in case I need to change a tire, or make a quick change to male mode for whatever reason that may be important to me (e.g. witness at an accident). The most important one being able to get back into the house without my son seeing and then questioning me. I have been stopped twice for a GUI tests (passed both) while en femme. I was worried about the ticket, its costs and future potential driving limitations and not being dressed.

Persephone
04-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your explanation. I was not trying to be critical, more of a curiosity thing that is typical of me.

I didn't feel you were being critical at all, Allie, and I hope you didn't feel that my answer suggested that I was.

I thought it was a perfectly great question and I hope that my answer helped in giving you and everyone else some thoughts and ideas. That's what we're all here for.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Michelia
04-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I have two crash kits.

One is a bag with a big t-shirt, crocs, big pants and gloves that I can slip over my girl clothes if I have to. I have had to use it a few times. Once I got home and the neighbor had three other guys talking with him in front of the house so I spun around and went to a nearby parking lot and slipped the stuff on me. Another time I got so wet in the rain, I was shivering and the change of clothes came in very handy. I used to use it regularly when I got home but now I just get out of the car and walk in the house. I am sure my neighbor has seen me but never has said anything. Then there was the time that I got a notice from the USPS at my country home. I had a package to pick up and everyone there knows me from way back. I just could not go in there enfemme, which is probably silly since they get all kinds of femme stuff for my PO Box.

The other one I usually only carry with me when I go out at night. I has all my make up and make-up cleaner and eye make-up remover and all that good stuff. It works in conjunction with the first kit but I have used it once by itself when I stayed out the whole night and ended up "crashing" at a friend's house.

t-girlxsophie
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Works both ways,A spare pair of nylons will be heaven sent if the fan belt goes in your car:heehee:

sissystephanie
04-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't have a "crash" kit and never have in the many years that I have crossdressed. When I have been fully dressed and madeup as a female, that is what I was and how I acted. Now that my wife is no longer here to fix my wig and do my makeup, I no longer do that. I still go out dressed, but without the wig and makeup! Just a guy in feminine clothing!! If people don't like it, that is their problem not mine! I am me, and I am a crossdresser!!

BTW, I have changed a flat tire wearing a dress!! Was not so much fun!!

AliceJaneInNewcastle
04-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I have heard of a crash kit for changing back, but have never carried one.

In all my years going out crossdressed, I've only done a femme to male change while out a handful of times, and they were all fully planned. In each case, I drove from Newcastle to Sydney (about 150km) to a Seahorse (CD support group) meeting on a Friday night, with something else arranged for the weekend.

Unless I was planning on being away overnight and intended to revert to male the following day, my crash kit would be makeup and a femme change of clothes. Generally, the closest I get to that is lipstick, a powder compact and occasionally a spare pair of pantihose in my handbag. I always drive in flats and change shoes if I'm wearing heels while out, so I always have flats in the car.

MargaretJ
04-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Guess I'm just a wimp. I always have a crash kit when I go out, and have to use part of it, to get from my car to my house, when returning after a night out.

tamarav
04-11-2010, 05:29 AM
I generally carry a "contingency bag" that holds extra makeup, food, water, hemostats, nail glue and things to repair any damage I may run into if I have to change a tire or fix a water hose on the car.

I no longer carry any spare male clothes other than a pair of coveralls that are always carried in the vehicle in case I really need to sit in the dirt...