PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever thought of this?

tiffanyjo89
04-09-2010, 08:41 PM
This is a multi-parter of sorts...the parts go together, so it can count as one.

This first part, has anyone ever looked at a female relative (particularly mother or sister) and realize some commonality to either your male side, or female side?

I found a picture of my mom, and looked at it and thought that her build at the time was a lot like my build now...particularly the arms. I've also seen pictures of my mom and seen similarities in our faces.

The second part is, has anyone tried to emulate a female relative? By that, I mean, has anyone tried to look like their mom or their sister while dressed?

Also, as a bonus, has anyone ever been mistaken for their sister or a younger version of their mother while dressed?

Dixie
04-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I look alot like my sister when dressed. My sister and I take after my dad's side of the family in our looks while my brother takes after my mom's side more. I have never tried to look like my sister it just seems to inevitably happen.:heehee:

sherri52
04-09-2010, 09:38 PM
At an earlier age I looked alot like my sister when dressed. I never tried to look like her nor did anyone ever say that I did

Diane Smith
04-09-2010, 11:27 PM
When my mom died about 4-1/2 years ago, I put together a collection of family pictures and other memorabilia to display at the memorial service. One of the more prominent items was a large B&W portrait photo of my mother taken when she was 17 or so (ca. 1945) and dressed, I believe, for a dance performance.

One of my co-workers saw that picture and swore it must be of me at a younger age. And, he proceeded to tell everyone else there the same thing! (I wasn't embarrassed, just amused.) I had not really appreciated the resemblance before but when I got home, I posted the picture next to my bathroom mirror and did a good, close comparison. The similarities in our faces were really quite remarkable, and I could easily do my makeup to "pass" as the person in the picture.

Thanks, mom!

- Diane

Vickie_CDTV
04-10-2010, 02:05 AM
There is an extreme weight difference between me and my mother (about 140 pounds), but in terms of features I look very much like her when she was my age (at least in the face.)

It is very appropriate, given I have always considered myself a reflection of my dear mother. I consider my resemblance to her to be an honor.

Joanne08
04-10-2010, 02:16 AM
been astonished how much I look like my mother. The same shape eyebrows, dark eyes and the same smile. Really blew me away the first time I took photos of myself dressed with makeup on, there was another version of mom. I love it!

Andy66
04-10-2010, 02:21 AM
A guy I know came out to me a while back by simply showing me a photo of himself with makeup on. I thought it was his mother, but I didn't want to say the person in the picture looked old, so I said I thought it was his sister. :heehee:

Danielle Gee
04-10-2010, 03:48 AM
I don't really look all that much like my Mother, but my wife tells me that personality-wise we're almost twins

Danielle

Daintre
04-10-2010, 03:54 AM
From pictures taken, I look very similar to my younger sister. I was very impressed how much alike we were.

Natalie_393
04-10-2010, 04:36 AM
I've been told I look like my mother alot which is fine but what alot people don't know is that that when I get dressed up,I've seen photos of mother 20 years ago and the look between the both of us is pretty close.

Michelle-Leigh
04-10-2010, 05:11 AM
I look like my ma when I am en femme !

Frédérique
04-10-2010, 08:28 AM
This first part, has anyone ever looked at a female relative (particularly mother or sister) and realize some commonality to either your male side, or female side?

There are some physical traits we share, but I consciously avoid trying to look like them (I'm the thinnest member of the family). I am more like my mother than my two sisters are, and I resemble my mother’s father…

The second part is, has anyone tried to emulate a female relative? By that, I mean, has anyone tried to look like their mom or their sister while dressed?

No, I consciously avoid looking like my sisters, and I don’t dress anything like my late mother did. My sisters NEVER dress up, so it’s easy to be different – I’m not sure what they would think of my “look,” but it doesn’t really matter…:idontknow:

Also, as a bonus, has anyone ever been mistaken for their sister or a younger version of their mother while dressed?

Nobody has ever seen me dressed, so this is N/A. My older sister has been mistaken for my younger sister’s daughter, if that makes any sense at all. We don’t get out much…:heehee:

Angiemead12
04-11-2010, 08:33 PM
i do look like my real mom when she was younger!

Karren H
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
What is No, No, and No.. Alex!!

Barbara Dugan
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
My niece tell me all the time how much I resemble her mother and that is in drab I wonder what would she says if she ever see a Barbara picture:hugs:

Shelby
04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I once took a pic of myself and saw my mom instead of me. It freaked me out. Not that I don't think my mom is attractive but it is like when Marty McFly is getting touched by his mom and then later she kisses him. It just seemed weird to me to see the similiarities.

carhill2mn
04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
In certain photos I look almost like my mother. In others, I look a lot like one of my nieces.

Joann0830
04-12-2010, 01:45 AM
When I first posted a picture here of me is when I noticed that I resemble my mom even to the style she wore her hair, but when I visited my Mom one day and she showed me old pictures is when I freaked out because I saw a picture of my Great Great Grandmother and I look like her. her facial features and hair style right down to my wave in the front and where I part my hair and the style of earrings that I like to wear. I have been told that I am her reincarnated and I can believe it. Joann 0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Lexine
04-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Has anyone ever looked at a female relative (particularly mother or sister) and realize some commonality to either your male side, or female side?

I think my eyes are definitely from my mom's. It scared me at first that I could potentially look like her, but I realized that I could use makeup to make myself look less like her :)

Has anyone tried to emulate a female relative?

Goodness no.

Has anyone ever been mistaken for their sister or a younger version of their mother while dressed?

Thank goodness, no!

RachelPortugal
04-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Yes, my younger sister and I were often mistaken for twins when I was in my early teens. She was as tall as me.

No!

No! My sister now looks ten years my senior!

Rachael

Madeleine StClair
04-12-2010, 09:28 PM

Well, the other night after I got my first wig and breast forms, I did a little self-photo-shoot, and I noticed at certain angles I looked uncannily like my maternal grandmother ... which I never would have imagined. That would be great if I looked like her when she was young, 'cuz she was a knockout. She was Miss Baltimore once, I believe. No, I look more like her when she was 60--still very good looking for that age, but still 60, and a bit of a b***h.

Now that I think of it, I've thought before that in guy mode I look rather like my maternal grandfather. Interesting.

Sarah_C
04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Myself and my mother (when she was younger) are like identical, even when i'm in guy mode!

Sherry Lynn
04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm my own evil twin sister!

Rachel Morley
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I look a little bit like my mom in the face, but most everyone in my family says I'm just like my mom in personality, and my younger brother takes after my dad. That's to say my mom and I are similar to each other in our outlooks and attitudes on life and my brother is definitely his father's son. The person I most admire and try to emulate though, is my wife, not my mom :)

suchacutie
04-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm also in the No, No, and No category. It's bad enough that my male self has so many characteristics of my father as to be scary! I like being myself and this is sometimes a bit much.

tina

VikkiVixen7188
04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
lol my mom out weighs me by a good 100 lbs. and my sister is 5'2"... Im 6ft 3 lol.

Joanne Curl
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
with dark hair I think I look alot like my mom. She was quite a looker back in the 40's when she met my dad. I also think I look quite a bit like my sister.