PDA

View Full Version : A Bad and Good day

Elizabeth 66
04-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I have had a mixed day today, i went out shopping for girlie things for the first time for myself, i bought a couple of night gowns from M&S, so that went ok, although i did pretend they were a present for my non existent wife, i got them home and i would say they were a size too small, so will have to return them.

Then i went to buy make-up and i was stumped at the first hurdle, which foundation did i need, not only the type but more importantly the shade, i thought of asking for help, but was too embarrassed, i did however buy some face cream and some hair removal products.

On the way home i felt awful, almost in tears, I was thinking maybe if i cant even buy a little make-up am i doing the right thing, but at the same time i was walking around looking at woman and what they were wearing, and deciding what i liked, i also was looking at other woman and thinking if i had a body like there's i would wear nicer cloths, so in reality today i feel more confused than ever.

Melissa A.
04-10-2010, 09:31 AM
All I can say, hunny, is keeep pushing yourself. Your fears are not unusual, and familiar to many here, I am sure. The only way to get over your fears is to do. and do again. It all comes from within-when you come to the realization that you actually have some influence over how the world treats you and reacts to you, that is a beautiful moment-and for some reason, most of us need to learn that from experience, trial, and error. Trust me, and keep pushing. All will be good.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Deborah_UK
04-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Sarah,

Another UK girl here.

Buying make-up is a bit daunting to begin with, but if you can gather yourself together and tell the girls on the counter (if there's a MAC store near you even better!) they will help.

I remember going to a large store a few years ago with a GG friend, she was going to buy the foundation for me, she said to the girl on the Clinique counter that she was buying foundation for a friend, the sales assistant said "what sort of skin does your friend have?". I piped up "this sort" as I pointed at my face. My GG friend was almost pushed aside as the SA couldn't get to me quickly enough to help and make suggestions.

So basically - the assistants have seen it all before, and are (usually) more than happy to help, just make sure your credit card can stand it!! :)

Elizabeth 66
04-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I just used the hair removal product that i bought from the store today, i now have a hair free chest, underarms stomach and legs, and i feel fantastic, as i looked down at my body in the shower i felt fantastic, in fact quite sensual, the only thing to spoil the view was between my legs. the only thing i have to ask myself now is do i remove the hair off my arms? I feel on top of the world.. :tongueout

It is my first physical step towards my final goal...:cheer:

Melissa A.
04-10-2010, 10:19 AM
the only thing i have to ask myself now is do i remove the hair off my arms?

....Of course you do. You'll love it, and no one will notice, or care, if they do, anyway.

Hugs,

Andy66
04-10-2010, 12:33 PM
You could shave your arms if you feel too fuzzy, or if you just want to see how it feels/looks.

About makeup, there's an awful lot to choose from. You'll get the hang of it. For foundation, use a color that is as close as possible to your skin tone. When in doubt, go lighter, not darker... but not too light unless you want to look like a mime. :heehee: :hugs:

Elizabeth 66
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
....Of course you do. You'll love it, and no one will notice, or care, if they do, anyway.

Hugs,

I did it, im nice and smooth all over, and i love it. but i think next time i am buying an epilator, as i believe they leave a smoother Finnish, i know more painful but im sure it will be worth it. just a shame i have to wait till Monday to wear my nightwear, but still i have time to wait :D

GypsyKaren
04-10-2010, 05:38 PM
You'll realize after awhile that no one cares what you're doing or shopping for, just keep at it with your head held high and it will soon get to the point where you don't think about it.

Karen :g1:

morgan51
04-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Cheer up we all go thru this it's not a problem, you needn't feel uncomfortable just relax and shop away the merchants are glad to see you and for the most part helpful.

Lesley-Ann
04-11-2010, 02:33 AM
I have been told by some of the local girls that I have met, to get in contact with one of them or take a GG with me, it will be less stressing until i work my way up to full girl mode.:)

Elizabeth 66
04-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Here i go again, i have to return the night dresses i got yesterday, so im going to make another attempt to buy some make-up, wish me luck girls...

Elizabeth 66
04-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Here i go again, i have to return the night dresses i got yesterday, so im going to make another attempt to buy some make-up, wish me luck girls...

Well i made it, i now have two nightdresses which fit me, and a shopping bag full of make-up, shame i forgot to buy a mirror so i can see to apply it, i can see i will have many happy night learning how to bear it best for me :)

Oh and i bought an epilator too. now i can have a really smooth body. just have to get used to using it.

Hope
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
As others have said - your experience is not at all unusual. I think the only thing that kept me from having a heart attack the first time I went to buy make up was the thought that collapsing in front of a display full of cosmetics would certainly draw more attention. Now I drop in and pick up what I need (and I am still figuring out what that is) without a thought or a hint of discomfort. I chat with the great folks at MAC without hesitation or squeamishness too.

The first time is always the hardest - everyone is nervous and fumbly and no one knows what they are doing - and then thankfully it is over quickly and no one quite knows what even happened. The next few times are much more fun, and enjoyable.