PDA

View Full Version : Gone out again!!!

LisaMallon
04-10-2010, 10:42 AM
2nd Seahorse* meeting .. 4th milestone. 1st coming out to my wonderful wife. 2nd going to a Seahorse meeting, then being Lisa in front of some friends last weekend now another meeting.

Still experimenting with looks and makeup, bit more casual this time, denim skirt (tight though, I'm tall but thin = emphasise the legs and thin waist because I have no hips at all), black jumper, new bit longer wig.

Interesting all the different looks and different ages, people from their late 20's to 70's. Curiously the most passable person (and there were some very attractive girl's there ) was someone who was quite a bit overweight.. but the way they presented was perfect, they could go anywhere anytime.

Interesting to talk to older people who, when they first started doing it could be arrested! Really, here in Victoria (Australia) it was against the law to crossdress, let alone any further TG stuff. They risked everything in those days, even jail time. In Tasmania that law was only repealed 2 years ago!

One thing that was interesting was that, for those that had come out to their partners, was that the partners, evn their children were very involved in functions, etc in the old days.

Others sadly didn't/couldn't, so the Seahorse meetings were the only chance to 'frock up'.

We owe them all a debt, they were the trailblasers .. and wonderful people.

*Seahorse is a TG support/social group. A safe place to go for cowards like me.

Leelou
04-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Sounds like a great time. Very interesting to hear that crossdressing was actually illegal. Ick. It's hard enough to go out and about without having to worry about being arrested!

LisaMallon
04-12-2010, 03:22 AM
I know bizzare, but that was what it was like in Oz even 20-30 years ago.

Freddy12
04-12-2010, 04:32 AM
Congratulations on each of your steps. I imagine that each time you go out em femme it gets easier, right?

I'm planning a shopping trip Saturday, and absolutely will wear at least panties and a bra, and hopefully will get up the courage to wear feminine slacks and top. We will see.

KayleeDahl
04-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Congratulations on your milestones!!!

Hugs
Kaylee