PDA

View Full Version : Denver escapes

johannem
04-10-2010, 02:38 PM
I have never ventured out in public en femme and have a very strong desire to do so. Do any of you "liberated" girls have any suggestions of where I can make my "grand appearance" in the Denver area? I NEED to express myself and be with other CDs - I'm tired of hiding out at home and feeling like a prisoner. Any advice?

AliceJaneInNewcastle
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
The nearest shopping mall.

LynnInDenver
04-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Failing that, there's a group that meets at the Gender Identity Center (http://www.gicofcolo.org/) every First Friday evening. We usually go out for dinner afterwards.

You can also contact Phyllis at Phyllis Fantasies (http://www.phyllisfantasies.com/), and see if she can help you with an outing.

I know a group goes to Tracks (http://www.tracksdenver.com/) almost every Saturday night to club.

tamarav
04-11-2010, 05:07 AM
December 24, 1974: I met a bunch of "friendly" guys in the city jail after being arrested for "appearing in public in the dress of the opposite sex".

Haven't been back to Denver since....

The laws have changed and times have advanced so I am sure the above suggestions will provide you with a great first outing.

Jennifer in CO
04-11-2010, 07:33 AM
do you want a 'public' outing or to just get out of the house (in public)? As said above, head down to Flatirons Mall or do 29th Street mall in your back yard. If 'public' is not exactly what you had in mind but 'out' is, then pack a light lunch and head up to any area park. There are lots that a less frequented up canyon for your first few trips out. If your feeling bolder up in Boulder, go to one of the more frequented/popular parks. Still less likely to have face-to-face with people but more there to build up your courage for 'public' interaction. One key thing to remember however. Dress for where your going. So long as you don't appear out of place (an evening gown in a state park might be a bit over dressed...) you won't be noticed. With weather like we're going to see today, a pair of girly shorts, girly tank top with girly cover-shirt and your hiking boots (fully under-dressed of course) might be an enjoyable day in the mountains!

Jenn

TxKimberly
04-11-2010, 07:53 AM
December 24, 1974: I met a bunch of "friendly" guys in the city jail after being arrested for "appearing in public in the dress of the opposite sex".

OMG - You make it sounds so amusing now, but I'll bet you weren't smiling then!

Christie ann
04-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Several of my first times out were on the CU Boulder campus. Wait until school is between sessions. There will still be people about just not many. Walk or ride a bike across the park like areas on campus, carry some books be the coed we weren't able to be.

There is another thread about university girls liking/not liking CD's. At the very least most university students will be politically correct unless you decide to perhaps walk near the practice fields.

Madeleine StClair
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi! Glad to see this thread, 'cuz I'm also in Denver and looking forward to going out. But here's a challenge: where do you get dressed if you can't get dressed at home (at the right time)? For example, if you're not out to your wife--or if you're out to your wife but you have kids who aren't supposed to find out. Is there, say, someplace where you can go and use a dressing room for a small fee?

By the way, I've met Phyllis--in fact I was over at her shop just yesterday to get my wig and breast forms. She's a very sweet lady, and I might well do one of her excursions myself. I'd just like to find out what the options are.

AKAMichelle
04-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi! Glad to see this thread, 'cuz I'm also in Denver and looking forward to going out. But here's a challenge: where do you get dressed if you can't get dressed at home (at the right time)? For example, if you're not out to your wife--or if you're out to your wife but you have kids who aren't supposed to find out. Is there, say, someplace where you can go and use a dressing room for a small fee?

By the way, I've met Phyllis--in fact I was over at her shop just yesterday to get my wig and breast forms. She's a very sweet lady, and I might well do one of her excursions myself. I'd just like to find out what the options are.

I don't know of any place where you can go and get dressed except maybe making friends with another cd'er. Some of the girls in Denver rented an apt which they share for getting dressed whenever they want.

The laws have changed and times have advanced so I am sure the above suggestions will provide you with a great first outing.

OMG, that would have ended my being out in public. Thankfully laws have changed a lot since then.

When are you coming back to visit? :devil:

Madeleine StClair
04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh, and here's a thought: if you're of the artsy-fartsy persuasion, what about First Friday on Sante Fe Drive? I've actually never been to that, even as a guy, but it seems like it might be a pretty good scene, and I was actually thinking about going on May 7th. Anybody done that before?

AKAMichelle
04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I have never ventured out in public en femme and have a very strong desire to do so. Do any of you "liberated" girls have any suggestions of where I can make my "grand appearance" in the Denver area? I NEED to express myself and be with other CDs - I'm tired of hiding out at home and feeling like a prisoner. Any advice?

Try out the first Friday of each month at GIC. It is close by and lots of people show up there each time. It would be a great get acquainted experience for you.