PDA

View Full Version : What is your definition of Pink Fog?

Cassandra Lynn
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I see some of you gals using the term different than others. I confess to being a little on the type A side, kind of rigid in my thinking, and overly analytical. It is terminology that generally can mean more than one thing, but i find myself getting confused at times and not understanding where some of you are coming from.

So, humor me, is it the warm and fuzzies you get from dressing or when dressed? Or is it the feelings of grouchiness you get when you haven't been able to dress much?

It can be a state of joy, IMO, when your at ease with your femme self, but i've seen it used as a negative feeling by some. Those of us in recovery, use the term "Pink Cloud", it's the feel good times early in recovery, so i see pink fog as a good state, but like i said, i see it used in the negative sometimes.

Anyhoo, what do you think ladies? mj (Casie)

Miranda09
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Well Casie...right now I'm in a total pink fog, and I get this way after I dress and am really feeling the moment. It's a feeling I never want to end....but, it does eventually, which is OK, since it makes the next pink fog, when it rolls in, even better as I continue to develop my style. :)

bianncats
04-10-2010, 11:05 PM
the feeling i get when i want to dress so badly that it creeps up in all of my everyday activities and thoughts. I NEED to go shopping and buy something and NEEd to wear something to relieve the desire to be female.
My pink fog is all consuming and I HAVE to fulfill that desire

B.

Michelia
04-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Pink fog is to me when I am so taken over by my crossdressing that I do not really have my feet on the ground. I am getting better at controlling it, but I still have my moments.

Examples of pink fog:

You spent your month's allowance on some clothes you are never going to wear or just simply could not afford.

Spent time in crossdressing activities when you should have spent that time doing something that was really important.

Did something with CDing that interfered with my family in some serious way.

And the list can go on and on.

Veronica Nowakowski
04-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I understood pink fog to refer to any moment in which you feel more feminine than you actually are or than you are allowed to be. I don't use it, and I think that it's really a term people use when they feel like themselves but refuse to accept it.

crossdrezzer1
04-10-2010, 11:52 PM
to get dolled up as much as you dare to go in public and go to dress barn and ask for a fitting room while holding a arm full,,,thats pink fog moment here

Cassandra Lynn
04-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Examples of pink fog:

You spent your month's allowance on some clothes you are never going to wear or just simply could not afford.

Spent time in crossdressing activities when you should have spent that time doing something that was really important.

:yt::iagree:
I ran this thread on some other sites and forums and this is proving to be a common answer, it does make sense. The fog as a screen or intense wave that comes over you and keeps you from being reasonable. In fact i did it on friday. Cashed my first paycheck in 9 months and went and spent money on panties and stockings i didn't really need.
But i also think it can easily be used as a de facto feeling of euphoria without the negative connotation, as in "I wore my favorite new stilletos with my best outfit and it put me in a pink fog".
Thanx for your thoughts everyone. mj (Cassie)

Joanne f
04-11-2010, 04:00 AM
The Pink Fog is when you think of nothing else but dressing to the point where it interferes with your daily life and your relationship with you wife/SO , you take chance`s that you would not normally take , you lose your sense of reality , you are lost to the other side . ( a bit like the cross dressers.com fog) :heehee:

Erica Lauren James
04-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Pink fog is to me when I am so taken over by my crossdressing that I do not really have my feet on the ground. I am getting better at controlling it, but I still have my moments.

Examples of pink fog:

I totally agree with Michelia, that is exactly where I am now. Putting so many other things off just so I can be Erica. It sure does get me thinking that I should just transition and become a woman. Then I could go out and about and get what I need to get done and Be Erica at the same time.

Erica

Tina B.
04-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I consider the pink fog to be, when the thought of cross dressing takes over and replaces common sense, Spending more than you can afford, for things you really don't need, to wear to places you are never going to go. You can even start to think others see your femininity the same way you do, with nothing to support the idea. And the reason it's a fog, because it keeps you from being able to see or think of anything else.
Now that pink cloud you mentioned, that would be the after glow, when it all worked out well, and your SO did not kill you or leave you for what you did, and even tells you that new outfit looks cute on you, and puts a claim to it if you ever out grow it.
Tina B.

Angiemead12
04-11-2010, 09:34 AM
I noticed every time I get into this pink fog it just gets thicker and thicker! And I always want more, more things, more time, more practice!

And I get obsessed online trying to look for a news thread that its accepted already! And I always fantasize off going all the way and transitioning. But then reality hits and the fog goes away!

Dee2U
04-11-2010, 02:56 PM
It is so interesting that we interpret the expression differently. I haven't been fogged in far enough to do silly things that interfere with my life but have definitely gotten lost in the pink fog. For me it is just when I am so distracted by my need to express my feminine side that I cannot concentrate on the task at hand - whether it is at work or in the car (especially on long drives). Maybe the feeling is the same for many of us but it is just a matter of degree....Dee

Lynn Marie
04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote from Tina "I consider the pink fog to be, when the thought of cross dressing takes over and replaces common sense,"

"You can even start to think others see your femininity the same way you do, with nothing to support the idea."

The Pink Fog is exactly that, a fog. You can't see very well and often go faster than you should, and do things that aren't wise or even sensible. You are just "in a fog!"

Sarah Doepner
04-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm one of those who believe the Pink Fog tends to get in the way of common sense. I'm wondering if any of our scientists have ever had the chance to look for changes in brain chemistry during a thick pall of Pink Fog. It would be interesting to see if there is something biochemical going on.

Karen564
04-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Hmmmm, I know of some that went though a pink fog too....lol

Sandra
04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Lol Karen good one.

Pink Fog from a GGs view:

All the time is given to the cding
Money is spent that is needed for other things, eg housekeeping, all the spare money
Family matters are put on the back burner
Everything must revolve around you.

TNRobin
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM

Examples of pink fog:

That's me exactly. My girlfriend, who is extremely supportive by the way, told me a few weeks ago in a semi-subtle manner that I was at a point in my crossdressing that it was "all about me." Not that I was completely ignoring her, but I was constantly talking about the new (dress, skirt, blouse, etc) that I bought or something new that I was doing with make-up or hair and not commenting on the other important things in a relationship, like how nice she looked, or thanking her as I should for doing me a favor.

Nicole Erin
04-11-2010, 04:31 PM
It is when one actually feels like dressing up really nice and enjoys the process. It is when you actually get a rush from buying femme clothing or makeup cause it is forbidden.

I have not really had pink fog in a long time,

sherri52
04-11-2010, 04:33 PM
To me Pink fog is the overwhelming desire to do everything pertaining to crossdressing. Getting home at night and getting dressed before you think of what to do for dinner.
Going shopping almost daily for femme clothing and accessories.
Being at work and getting a mani/pedi for lunch. (who needs to eat?)
Turning down invitations because you can't go enfemme.
Etc

SusieK
04-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Pink Fog - mostly bad connotations for me - I associate it with obsessive behaviour that interferes with daily life and relationships to some degree. It can be when the thoughts don't match the actions (so not dressing when it really would be good for you), and as others have said can lead to rash actions.:sad:

When I get a really positive girly glow, then I prefer the term Pink Mist - it feels much more gentle and floaty, and covers the ability to see myself as quite attractive in the mirror, despite physical evidence to the contrary.:)

Susie

docrobbysherry
04-11-2010, 05:54 PM
After eating chili, with extra onions!?:doh: