PDA

View Full Version : First Resturant Experience

Susan G
04-10-2010, 10:41 PM
I have been out several times Dressed as Susan. I have dressed to the Therapist, a few times to the Mall during the Day, and out driving around. My wife knows I crossdress, excepts it, but does not wish to be out with Susan. Around the house, any time is ok. I have been to the MD with the toes painted, she (MD) said she couldn't care less, but later made a comment that told me she was just being politically correct, but didn't like it. Later, she would not see me.
Tonight, I worked until sunset, drove to a dark spot, and put on my Newest Dress with matching jacket. I drove to one of those pancake places, saw a few customers, and sat in the car for a few minutes. I was building up the nerve to go in. I knew I really wanted to "up the bar" as to what Susan has experienced. I didn't want to fail, or wimp out, so I entered the restaurant. I was treated very Nicely, but knew I was being read instantly. I was led to a booth, and ordered. The waitress call me "Sweetie", which told me I was read, but all was ok. I saw the looks from other staff, but I realized it was part of the deal. Honestly, I didn't mind being read. I used the lady's restroom. I was concerned about a problem, but I carry a letter from my Therapist stating I am a pre-op and should be given all legal rights as such. I felt comfort having this, and feel that letter alone made going to the therapist all worth while. I paid, and left the restaurant feeling proud of Susan. :)

April Renee
04-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Good for you Susan, glad you had a good experience.What did ya eat??
April

Jenny Doolittle
04-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Thata girl Susan,

Really, as you go out more and more all those concerns will fall away. A confident girl is a girl that will not get read as much, plus you will just be comfortable and it will not matter.

So. enjoy and get out there girl!

TxKimberly
04-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Good for you on several levels. Not only for getting out and going to dinner, but also for taking the "I'm going to get read so let's just deal with it" approach. If we crumble every time we are read, there are gonna be a lot of tears in our future!

Michelia
04-11-2010, 10:17 AM
It sounds like everyone was nice to you. That letter thing for bathroom use sounds like a good security.

That is still something I struggle with. I plan my outings often so that I do not have to use the bathroom in certain places. Other times, I go to a restaurant that has bathrooms that are for one person only. Even if it is for women, I have never had a problem in a single person bathroom. But it is those places where the bathroom is large and made for more than one person at a time....I have yet to enter a bathroom like this when dressed. It frightens me.

Cathytg
04-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Aye, 'tis proud ye should feel, Lassie.

kym
04-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I am so proud of you sis!! it takes an incredible amount of courage to go into a restaurant knowing you are going to be read. Come to N.C. and we can go out to eat and really give them something to talk about lol. :D

Freddy12
04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Susan,

Congratulations!

The first time is always the hardest, so realize that things will be easier next time.

You indeed should be proud of yourself. Be sure to tell us about the next time!

Hope
04-11-2010, 03:57 PM
You may well have been read, but being called "sweetie" by a waitress shouldn't be what gives it away. Waitresses call a LOT of people "sweetie."

And you should file an ethics grievance with your state's medical licensing board. Your doctor cannot simply refuse to see you without providing you with a referral to another doctor and seeing to continuing care - it's called abandonment and is seriously frowned upon.

In any case, it sounds like you had a good time.

Karen564
04-11-2010, 06:04 PM
You may well have been read, but being called "sweetie" by a waitress shouldn't be what gives it away. Waitresses call a LOT of people "sweetie."

And you should file an ethics grievance with your state's medical licensing board. Your doctor cannot simply refuse to see you without providing you with a referral to another doctor and seeing to continuing care - it's called abandonment and is seriously frowned upon.

In any case, it sounds like you had a good time.

Hope is correct on all counts, and by law, your doctor is required to write a formal letter of dismissal giving you at least 30 days to find another health care provider, and this letter must be delivered by certified mail..

And in some cases, if your under a managed health care plan, the plan has to approve the physicians dismissal of a patient 1st.

If this physician no longer wants to see you only because you wore nail polish, then this doctor has broken the standards of medical ethics on all counts, because that alone is not an ethically allowed reason to dismiss a patient..period..

There are valid reasons to dismiss a patient, but nail polish is not one of them...

Your physician established an implied contract with you by seeing you in the 1st place, so if this physician does not give you a valid reason, plus the official letter of dismissal with a referral, with a copy in your medical record, then you do have grounds to file a formal complaint with your states medical board , and possibly take legal action & sue for breach of contract & abandonment, if the formalities did not occur..

Can you imagine how stupid this doctor will look in front of the medical board & the court if this is all because of nail polish?....:lol2:

Anyway, I'm glad you pushed yourself a bit farther and go for it at the restaurant...so good for you!!!:hugs:

As far as that Carry letter, those are nice to have & offer some sense of security, but I never knew anyone, including myself, that ever actually had to use it...but regardless, nice to have just in case...

:hugs:

sherri52
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Good for you Susan. It will get easier each time you go until you don't care if your read. If your close enough give me a PM and I'll go with you.

jenna_woods
04-11-2010, 07:48 PM
good for you, glad it went well for yu, what did you have good to eat.

Jamie001
04-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I completely agree with Karen. It is not legal for the physicial to dismiss you as a patient because you wear nail polish, earrings, or anything else? Does she also dismiss patients with tattoos? I would file a formal complaint with the medical board.

:2c: Jamie

Hope is correct on all counts, and by law, your doctor is required to write a formal letter of dismissal giving you at least 30 days to find another health care provider, and this letter must be delivered by certified mail..

And in some cases, if your under a managed health care plan, the plan has to approve the physicians dismissal of a patient 1st.

If this physician no longer wants to see you only because you wore nail polish, then this doctor has broken the standards of medical ethics on all counts, because that alone is not an ethically allowed reason to dismiss a patient..period..

There are valid reasons to dismiss a patient, but nail polish is not one of them...

Your physician established an implied contract with you by seeing you in the 1st place, so if this physician does not give you a valid reason, plus the official letter of dismissal with a referral, with a copy in your medical record, then you do have grounds to file a formal complaint with your states medial board , and possibly take legal action & sue for breach of contract & abandonment, if the formalities did not occur..

Can you imagine how stupid this doctor will look in front of the medial board & the court if this is all because of nail polish?....:lol2:

Anyway, I'm glad you pushed yourself a bit farther and go for it at the restaurant...so good for you!!!:hugs:

As far as that Carry letter, those are nice to have & offer some sense of security, but I never knew anyone, including myself, that ever actually had to use it...but regardless, nice to have just in case...

:hugs:

Nicole Erin
04-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah you get to the point where you know you are being read but just don't care.

Cassandra Lynn
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I believe Susan said therapist, not doctor or physician. Therapists are not licensed care givers, so i've been told. Anyways great job on getting out there girl!!! mj (Cassie)

Susan G
04-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Thank You all for your kind words of support! I ordered a BLT and Cottage cheese as a side. It sure feels right when you step up to another level. I write more as events happen. :)

Susan G