PDA

View Full Version : Dressing and Efficiency

Cathytg
04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
What!! That's an odd thread title.

I have found that my task-completion efficiency drops way down when I am handing around the house dressed. I don't know just why it is, but I seem to get very little done with my time. It isn't that I am doing other things; it's just that I seem to have a hard time focusing on things that I really need to do.

Do you have a similar experience?

Good thing I am retired.

(Oh, yeah - retired is "recreationaly refocused.)

Erica Lauren James
04-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Same here, I get very little done except for maybe some dishes and housework.

Erica

Sallee
04-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree completely I lay out a plan on things to do while I hang around dressed an nothing seems to get done. Although I am getting better.I think it is the high we get from dressing that keeps us from focusing on other things

Joanne f
04-11-2010, 01:02 PM
You need to join Jenni Y `s procrastinators club then you can not just drop your task completion but bring it down to Zero :laughing::lol:

Penny Lope
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I find my focus is increases during certain activities and decreases in others. Creative stuff definitely benefits from being dressed. Mindless housework, also. Pretty much anything else, though, and I'm right with ya.

Frédérique
04-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't know just why it is, but I seem to get very little done with my time. It isn't that I am doing other things; it's just that I seem to have a hard time focusing on things that I really need to do.

Believe it or not, I dress to get things done, and it works. I have my studio outfits, all very comfortable and practical – I can sit and work on my artwork for hours this way. I’m always in drab when I do housework, simply because I want to keep my femme things clean at all costs. Also, I delay pleasure, looking forward to a time when I can dress up as a reward for getting the male-oriented work out of the way. I really do enter another world when I dress, so I like to keep that private pleasure separate from my more mundane chores, safely behind closed doors…:battingeyelashes:

Loni
04-11-2010, 02:13 PM
why do this week what can be put off till next month.:eek:

i try to keep a clean house, wash the dishes, sweep up...from time to time.
i have piles of clothes around here...but they are all clean. just need to put them away...some day.
still have a pile of boxes in the front room. been there for the past six months, when i moved in) but i did fold them up..less space that way.
kitchen is clean, only dishes are what i used for breakfast.

dressed or not, (but i spend most of my time dressed) just need the push to get it done.

one day maybe i will get to it:D
should soon as i must find a couple things.:doh:

Loni

victoriamwilliams1
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I find that my focus is off as well. Now when I know I have the house to myself and do not have to pick anyone up for a 24 hours I am very focused to the point I forget time and how I am dressed.

Lynn Marie
04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
There's two of us living here. Me and this guy who pretty much takes care of the car, heavy housework, and works. My job is to look pretty, improve my wardrobe, feed us, and do the kitchen work.

He has hobbies and spends a lot of his time doing that stuff. My hobbies are clothes and makeup! We don't see each other all that often, usually just in passing. He leaves just as I'm getting dressed and disappears completely just as I finish my makeup and don my wig!

ArleneRaquel
04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Maybe I'm delusional, but I think I get more done when I'm enfemme. Then again I'm Arlene about 98% of the time. :battingeyelashes:

Karenmarie
04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I agree with Arlene. En-femme I'm ready to go and get to work around
the house. En-drab......who cares, theres always next week or even
the week after.:heehee:

Hugs:hugs:
Karenmarie

Sarah Doepner
04-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I get a lot done, but it's not housework. I find lots of new combinations of tops and skirts, accessories and changes in makeup or hair, but the other stuff just doesn't seem to matter quite as much.

Hope
04-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Feminists have long complained that the purpose of many of women's fashions is to keep women restrained. They point to corsets, and heels, and tight skirts. While I disagree that the point is to prevent a woman from moving freely, they have a point. Heels DO make walking a bit more difficult, and require shorter steps, as do some skirts and dresses.

At the same time, a lot of women's clothing is more delicate than stereotypically male attire. In my experience, even women's jeans are thinner and more delicate than men's jeans. When you talk about a blouse with a ruffle, or a flippy skirt, or nylons you are taking about thinks that need to be worn with care, and handled delicately or they will be ruined. Slop a little bit of ketchup on a pair of guy-jeans - no harm no foul. Slop a little ketchup on a silk skirt and you have a 4 alarm emergency. Managing that level of care for one's attire adds a level of complexity to daily life.

Lets not even talk about painted fingernails, and the effort involved in keeping them in a non-chipped condition.

Joann Smith
04-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I agree with Sarah...do not get alot of house work done either ....way too busy looking in the mirror...

SuzanneBender
04-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I disagree. Suzanne is a cleaning machine when it comes to housework. When I am hanging out in guy mode there is too much going on to distract me, but after I have ducked into the phonebooth and dawned my supergirl outfit it seems like no task around the house it too tough. However, I do need to agree with Hope when it comes to the nails. It always seems like they are doomed to shortness after a day of house work.

sherri52
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
My efficiency only drops before I dress. Once I'm dressed I can control the world

charlytuna
04-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I can get prety much anything done dressed till I turn the computer on and that it I loose all track of time when I"M here, which is most of the time when the computer is on

christine55
04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=Frédérique;2109666][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Believe it or not, I dress to get things done, and it works. I have my studio outfits, all very comfortable and practical – I can sit and work on my artwork for hours this way. I’m always in drab when I do housework, simply because I want to keep my femme things clean at all costs.

Why not pick up a housedress or some "wear around the house" pants and top?

smoothline
04-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I get a lot done, but it's not housework. I find lots of new combinations of tops and skirts, accessories and changes in makeup or hair, but the other stuff just doesn't seem to matter quite as much.

I am way too busy changing outfits and looking in the mirror too, and enjoying the feeling of being dressed!

Brooke.

jenifer m.
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
actually i get lots done when dressed around the house.but i dont dress overboard either.just a skirt flats maybe some hose a top,and sometimes my formes.but i really love my fuzzy pink slippers.

RachelPortugal
04-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Deciding what to wear does stop things getting done, but once Rachael is ready I seem to be able to do a lot more housework chores around the house, while my wife sits with her feet up, reading a good book and lets the lady of the house get on with everything. A price I have to pay for dressing!

I then have to fit in my other duties, so whilst I am more efficient the overall efficiency in the household does drop.

Rachael

Chickhe
04-13-2010, 01:54 AM
It takes a lot of time to get dressed up and time to clean up. You loose a lot of time there. Seconly once you are dressed up, if you are not out...then a lot of energy goes to watching the doors and windows. And...to top it all off if the activity is an escape for you, you are looking to do tasks that make you feel female and doing he usual tasks you do as your male self won't do it. I think it could all change if you were out and living your life in the role because then you just have to deal with what comes your way and forget about what you look like.

AKAMichelle
04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Over a year ago I was living by myself. At first I spent so much time wrapped up in being dressed that I did very little work. After a short time, I ended up working harder and better while dressed. I calmed down and was able to concentrate twice as hard.

inessa
04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I definitely get more done when I am dressed. but, then again I am usually dressed in some way shape or form everyday. I guess we are talking about be totally dressed but I really do enjoy housework more that way. Obviously yard work suffers though.

Chessu
04-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I pretty much just veg when I'm dressed, so much work goes into make-up and what not that I just want to relax. Plus, as stated by someone else since I'm not "out" to everyone I gotta pay attention for footsteps lol