PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to be called?

msginaadoll
04-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I guess this is a general poll question based on another persons thread. When you are out and about in public( if you go out or even if you dont) how do you wish to be referred to as. I have been called sir, maam, hun, miss. It was hard at first to be referred to as sir, but guess what I am still a man so is it really inappropriate even when I am presenting as female. Would some people get upset being referred to as Maam, especially when they consider themselves to be a heterosexual crossdresser. I have worked a number of customer service related jobs and this has never even been brought up in training. What are your opinions? ( I personally being Maam- but in my opinion there is no right or wrong as long as treated with respect)

Shelly Preston
04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Firstly I would say your sexuality has nothing to do with this, you cant tell be looking at someone

I would say when presenting as a female then an appropriate greeting to match would be most suitable

Ma'am, Miss etc

Sarah Doepner
04-11-2010, 04:10 PM
If I'm spending all that effort in an attempt to present myself as close to female as possible, I'd like to be addressed the same way. Most of the time that has been the case and when I am hit with a "sir" it really spoils my mood, at least for a while.

AllieSF
04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I am like you Gina, and have been addressed in several ways, including sir. I prefer ma'am or miss. I do hate hun, sweety, dear, dearie, etc. in either mode, even when it comes from well meaning sales agents.

sherri52
04-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I would rather be called by the gender I am portraying. I have been called sir while enfemme and maam while in drab. Give me the courtesy of how I am dressed and I'll be happy all day.

Nicole Erin
04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Ma'am, really all the time would be nice.

StaceyJane
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I got called ma'am a couple of weeks ago and was floating on a cloud the rest of the day.

Karen564
04-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I get ma'am d a lot, and sometimes too much for my liking.:sad:

But as I was telling my g/f last night, I would love to be called Miss .....:daydreaming:

To me, Ma'am is old, whereas Miss is young!...so I wish I looked as young as I feel....because I do feel so young now..:battingeyelashes:

I get sweetie & dear every now & then, which I also like very much....because it conveys warmth & caring...even from strangers..:hugs:

Joann Smith
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I am kinda partial to 'Your Highness" ... "Queen Joann" works in a pinch ...But if you really want to get on my good side adress me as

"RULER LORD GOD BEAUTIFUL QUEEN JOANN "

yeah ...has a nice ring to it

Cheryl T
04-11-2010, 07:02 PM
I guess this is a general poll question based on another persons thread. When you are out and about in public( if you go out or even if you dont) how do you wish to be referred to as.

I prefer to be called Cheryl. :heehee:

But for those that don't know me, miss, ma'am, Your Ladyship :worship:... or any other of that nature will do...LOL.

Paula G
04-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I really wouldn't care, as long as it wasn't insulting.

charlytuna
04-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I work as a deliverly driver and go to custumers door, day & night, and I call the person as I see them dressed sir or ma'am I think that what I would liked to be called as i'm dressed

kellycan27
04-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Firstly I would say your sexuality has nothing to do with this, you cant tell be looking at someone

I would say when presenting as a female then an appropriate greeting to match would be most suitable

Ma'am, Miss etc

Kind of a tough call if someone cd's but doesn't want people to think that they are female... you just can't please all of the people all of the time.

As for myself.. Miss would do just fine. Mrs. ( insert last name) would be good in the not to distant future :heehee:

ArleneRaquel
04-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Ma'am or Arlene.About 2 years ago delivery man called me sir, I was in a funk all day. :sad:

mapletree
04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
it may sound crazy but cindy is the most sexy feminine name -- i know it is crazy t say this but i lobe this name

msginaadoll
04-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Kelly brought up the point I was trying to. If someone crossdresses but doesnt see themselves as female or feminine or want to be so, then why shouldnt they be called Sir which is the proper title. Maam or Miss to me is a female title. Or are most people saying that clothes-(makeup, etc) make the man or woman. I do wish to be considered in the female role (whatever that means) when Im out and dressed as female. etc and can I assume that the others who responded do so as well.

Angiemead12
04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
doesnt really matter as long as they are polite!

been called maam even though im in male mode and called sir when in femme mode!

Empress Lainie
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Since I live and work as a female (female ID pre-op transexual woman), I am usually called ma'am, but my customers may call me dearie, sweety, honey, or other such nice terms.

I hate to be called sir but on the phone it happens fairly often until I correct them and sometimes even then when they end the call they forget and say thank you sir.

I have been very sensitive about being called sir, but after much observation I have found that many waiters and cashiers sometimes say sir to other obviously female people. I think it is a reflex thing. My voice is androgynous but more to the male side, so if someone is not looking they will say sir based on my voice (most of the time.) I am now not so sensitive about and will just ignore it in such cases, not even feeling bad about it anymore.

I know I am always seen as a female, and am treated as such by both men and women.

Karren H
04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't really care.. Or anything but Gurl.. Or t-girl..

Jamie001
04-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I dislike dealing with customer service reps that are ingratiating and believe that they have to call you sir in every sentence. I tell them to STOP IT and to call me Jamie. It is really interesting that when they are talking to a woman they don't call her maam most of the time. Some of them still can't stop doing it and it's really annoying. I live the yahoo method of CS. They ask you "can I call you Jamie" and then continue with the call. Not ingratiating and much more professional.

eluuzion
04-12-2010, 05:48 AM
I would prefer to be addressed as "Mr. President". After that ship sails, I'll answer to anything.

Veronica Nowakowski
04-12-2010, 05:53 AM
I would be cursing out anyone who called me "sir" without immediately correcting themselves while I was en femme. However, I've become much more lenient towards people who ma'am or miss me while I'm in drab.

Elizabeth 66
04-12-2010, 05:59 AM
I would rather be called by the gender I am portraying. I have been called sir while enfemme and maam while in drab. Give me the courtesy of how I am dressed and I'll be happy all day.

100% agree :thumbsup:

noeleena
04-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi .

Most of the people i deal with know me so its not a detail . they know im noeleena,
Now people who are for the first time meeting me are given my name so after then its really nothing else we dont use maam,
or miss much unless say young children or master . just not used like it was years ago . it was a very much a mr so & so or mrs ,,
to day most times its your first name ,
the phones now that can be a hard one . males are the worst at ,,,sir i think they are programed & they dont know any better or . you are right tho , hey im a ms please get it right , so if they dont i just say oh im a mrs . or give them my name . just to get sir at the end .......Arrrrrr.......not many tho ,

...noeleena...

VikkiVixen7188
04-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Zach or Vikki

Christie ann
04-12-2010, 09:12 AM
I truly enjoy being called maam. The days of "miss" are gone for good, but I enjoyed the few times someone called me miss. My wife and I have been called "ladies" Made my day!

I love when someone uses female pronouns about me. What is it about "she" and "her" that we enjoy?

suchacutie
04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
As my goal is sliding back and forth between my gender presentations, I would much prefer a presentation-appropriate term, or my gender names.

Ms. or ma'am works in femme mode, Sir usually works in male mode.

:)
tina

BRANDYJ
04-12-2010, 05:06 PM
If I am presenting myself as female, sure, I like to be called Brandy by my SO or friends that know me. The rare times in a public place, I like to be called Ma'am or other names associated with the way I present myself. When my SO slips up and calls me Brandy while in male mode, it does not bother me at all. Even when she did it around vanilla friends and then had ot make a quick cover up. Not a problem.

lisajane
04-12-2010, 05:29 PM
When I am out with my girlfriend we get ' Ladies' alot it feels great:battingeyelashes: I personally have no preference, as long as I am addressed respectfully:dance2:

Michelle-Leigh
04-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Michelle by those who know me, and Ma'am by everyone else ! :daydreaming:

SuzanneBender
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I can handle anything but Fred. I hate when people call me that because it isn't even my name. :heehee:

I too like Miss instead of Mam but since I consider myself a modern woman I would prefer Ms (Mzzz). Actually its all good. I don't even get wrapped around the axle on the whole sir thing. Most non-TG folks have not read Miss (or Ms??) Manner's for the TG so they don't understand all of the nuances when dealing with us. So I don't really give it a second thought as long as it is genuine and respectful.

Call me sir out of spite and you invite retaliation in the form of a witty retort that the troop of Monty Python would relish.

Kelly Greene
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Miss when presenting as female.
Sir when presenting as male

Ma'am is ok I guess but I don't really like it.

Most of all I want respect, I belong in this world just like everyone else.

Never sir/ma'am or ma'am/sir ( it is not funny and it is disrespectful )

smoothline
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Yes I kind of like the pronoun thing too. Being referred to as 'she' or 'her' I am sure is quite flattering. I also like to be called 'Brooke'.

Rachel Morley
04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
For me, call me anything but sir. :sad: It's only happened a couple of times during the last 4 years that I've been going out, but both times I felt crushed. I would totally love to be called "miss", that would make my day :) .... but it's not going to happen as I look the age I am (40's). I guess I prefer to be mam'ed rather than anything else like sweetie or dear, .. hun or honey is ok ..... but like I said, anything but sir!

StaceyJane
04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
I got called "young lady" today. That was nice.

marny
04-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Get sir most of the time. but when i get mamm'ed, :D put s a little zing in my thing!

t-girlxsophie
04-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Long Past the days of being a "miss" but Ma'am sounds quite nice and conveys respect,Compared to some of the things ive been called anything womanly makes me feel good.I agree with Christie ann theres something enjoyable when your either "she" or "her",that was the first great thing that happened to me when I went out for the first time as Sophie,Others talking to you as they would to a real woman

Frédérique
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
What do you want to be called?

"Darling" will suffice…:heehee: