PDA

View Full Version : Probably not a new question

Elizabeth 66
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I know this may have been asked before, but i was thinking, i know i shouldent lol especially as i intend to be blonde, (can i say that?) i do have blue eyes ;)

i was wondering what effects do the hormones make, do they effect the texture of your skin? or do they reduce the amount of hair you grow? please could you tell me as much information, as i see my therapist in a couple of weeks, and i intend to know as much as i can what i want in the future..

thanks so much girls

Teri Jean
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Sarah it is a good question. Okay there are some generic answers to the effects of hormones.
1) Your skin may soften, mine did and was one of the first things I noticed.
2) Tenderness of the breasts in particular your nipples.
3) Your over all hair growth will slow down, will not stop your beard growth.
4) There can be a shift in your emotions.
5) There has been a sift of body fat to the breasts and bottom( tush ), this will vary from girl to girl.

I started my HRT a month ago and have noticed changes already even though they are mild at this point. I wish you the best and yes please seek professional assistance. Hugs.

Teri

Deborah_UK
04-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Unless you're able to go the private route in the UK it could be a long time before you get to be prescribed hormones.

I'm into my 4th month of my RLE and had my blood tests in January - I have to wait until I've seen the GIC again before I can start on hormones (next appointment on Monday!!).

The therapist (is that the sex therapist you mentioned in another thread?) is unable to recommend prescribing hormones, you need to be "assessed" by the Gender Identity Clinic. Of which I don't think there is one in Lancashire.

So I guess its likely you'd eventually get referred to Charing Cross. Please note the process in the UK is slow, tortuous and frustrating - but ultimately worth it!

Felicity71
04-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Depending on your age too as to how quickly it changes you. For me its changed my emotions to being easier to cry. Its also softened my face. It wont change my skeletal structure. 4 months has seen my breasts get a tad bigger.

Katesback
04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
All of the answers you ask are published by medical professionals at web sites like "ts womens resouces" and "ts roadmap." I would suggest you read the words of the professionals.

Katie

Elizabeth 66
04-13-2010, 09:09 AM
All of the answers you ask are published by medical professionals at web sites like "ts womens resouces" and "ts roadmap." I would suggest you read the words of the professionals.

Katie

Yes since posting this thread i have done just that, the positive and the negitive, but i was also hoping to get some personal experiences

DizzyRose
04-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I actually just started taking hormones a couple months ago, so my experience so far is not anywhere near as complete as most of the other girls here. However so far I have noticed a visible clearing of my skin (I'm 21 so I've still occasionally had pimples and the like..) I've also noticed a slight firming of my breasts, they stay much perkier, even when lying on my back. Oddly, I have not noticed any tenderness in my breasts yet, nor any significant breast growth (I started at a low B cup, and am still around there..) I have also not yet noticed a change in body hair, which is the effect I was most looking forward to when I started taking hormones. I'm hoping that these things will change as I keep taking them.