PDA

View Full Version : Surprise reaction to a broken nail

Freddy12
04-13-2010, 05:10 AM
I've been letting my nails grow as I explore my feminine side. The day before yesterday while working in the garden I broke a nail. I surprised myself by my reaction. I was actually rather upset. That had NEVER happened before. That upsetment hasn't gone away quickly, which also surprised me.

I wonder a bit what this means. Am I less masculine?

Hmmmm

Andy66
04-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Just disappointed by your setback, I suppose. A normal human emotion, when something you care about is difficult to accomplish. Luckily nails grow back. :hugs:

ellenwannabe
04-13-2010, 08:58 AM
I also have my nails long and it is very upseting when I break one especially if I then have to clip it real short as I love them long - Ellen

Jenny Doolittle
04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
I know what you mean Freddy, I have also grown my nails to be past my fingertips and you sure can appriciate what your wife has gone through to keep her nails looking nice. With Summer now on us I have to be really careful, I find I wear gloves a lot more often working in the garage and garden.

Phyliss
04-13-2010, 09:53 AM
... The day before yesterday while working in the garden I broke a nail. I surprised myself by my reaction. I was actually rather upset. That had NEVER happened before. That upsetment hasn't gone away quickly, which also surprised me.
I wonder a bit what this means. Am I less masculine?
Hmmmm

Not really LESS masculine, nor MORE feminine, just more careful about your fingers. I know all too well how long it takes to grow them to a nice length. That you broke one and have to start over is what is most upsetting.

Karren H
04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Just go out and buy a pair of cute pink work gloves.. That will solve both issues.. Keep you from breaking your nails and no one including yourself will question your masculinity ever again!!

Get a set of pink garden tools while your at it!! Things just grow better when theirs pink involved! Imho.

5150 Girl
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Breaking a nail is pretty bad, but I just remind myself, it will be back in a couple weeks

Linda St. John
04-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Depending on how short the nail is now ..just buy a cheap set of acrylics and glue the right one over the broken one while it grows back ...:)

StacyCD
04-13-2010, 12:58 PM
It seems that when I'm trying to grow out my nails, I always have two nails that are way too short. The only time I have had ten long nails was after having a set of acrylics applied. That was fun!

Elizabeth 66
04-13-2010, 01:33 PM
It seems that when I'm trying to grow out my nails, I always have two nails that are way too short. The only time I have had ten long nails was after having a set of acrylics applied. That was fun!

I know how you feel, i am also growing my nails, i even bought some nail hardener today, as my nails go brittle when the get slightly longer, dont worry you can grow it back at least.

Staci G
04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Mine are really strong and I too am growing them (yep the wife bitches) but I grow them anyway. I broke one while refinishing the kitchen cabinets and I got VERY PISSED:Angry3: I said a few choice words and the wife said a few about that, anyway it will grow back and so will yours. What color were they before they broke?

suchacutie
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
My nails were affected by a skin fungus a few years ago and they are only slowly coming back to strength. When they were always ratty it didn't seem to matter, but when I finally had them all even and at a reasonable length it was a tremendous sense of accomplishment after, literally, years of tending them!

So what happens? A thumbnail splits down the middle! I was soooo disappointed! I had to cut the nail back and it looked awful! But the big problem was the loss of the accomplishment! We all try so hard at this that when we finally succeed at something and it is suddenly pulled out from undr us, the disappointment can be severe...

It's the way of the world!

tina

Freddy12
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Staci,

I have not yet put nail polish on my nails, so they are natural. My wife does not know about my crossdressing, and would freek out if she saw me with nail polish on. When I've let them grow in the past she has objected, but not yet this time.

She will be away this weekend, so I've gotten some clear polish I plan to apply on Friday after she has left. I'll probably remove it on Sunday before she gets back.

I was just really surprised in how I reacted to a broken nail. It took me by surprise!

Karren H
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Try Orli Nails for males.. Nice matte finish no one will know your wearing it. Sally Beauty has it.

http://www.folica.com/Orly_Nails_for__d517.html

AllieSF
04-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Or try OPI's Nail Envy Matte Finish (a nail strengthener with a matte finish), or Karren's other favorite, China Glaze matte finsh. She can give you the details on that one.

Charleen
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Gawd I hate when a nail breaks!!! Personally I use Sally Hansen products. When I first started to grow my nails a few years ago they would peal off in thin layers, and break easily. Started with the S.H., and no more problems.

Veronica 1
04-13-2010, 07:30 PM
I am trying to get all my nails to be the same length and about an eighth of an inch past my fingers but every time they get close, one or another breaks and it just royally pisses me off as they seem to grow so slow.

Andrea Reynolds
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
No matter how hard I try to protect them, I will break a nail. When it happens at work, my workmates just back away and let me cool off. Andrea

Magickman
04-14-2010, 06:09 AM
That is why nail salons have emergency rooms, so that urgent treatment is instantly available.

SuzanneBender
04-14-2010, 06:39 AM
I used to look at my wife like I was the RCA dog when she would get upset about breaking a nail. I just didn't get it. Then I started growing mine out. Ohhhh the humanity now when a nail falls victim to life's daily travails!:sad: I now also feel a genuine sense of being upset when my wife mentions she broke a nail.

I like Karren's idea concerning the gloves. My problem isn't working around the yard. I am on the road a lot and luggage zippers eat nails.

sherri52
04-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Your not less masculine just a little more feminine at the time.

Evangeline
04-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Some how i managed to break an index finger nail buttoning up a skirt, and this after taking down a large tree in a friends garden and yes i was wearing panties and a bra before the references to the lumberjack song start, trimmed them all back a touch(insert various expletives here)