PDA

View Full Version : The countdown to summer....

LisaKarenAZ
04-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Well, the countdown to summer begins for me now.

My family is going back east to visit family this summer. They'll be gone for a MONTH!!!

I will be able to dress at home the whole time. I am so excited. Since I have no clothes of mine own, except for my panties (My wife actually gave these to me and likes them on me.), I'll need to go shopping for everything. I can't wait.

I'll be taking a week off while they're gone. I've decided that on the Friday evening before that week starts, I'm going to the salon for mani/pedi and getting acrylics put on. And I'll get a summer color.

I'm also going to go to the local Ulta for a makeover and makeup. God knows I want to look good during the week.

I've also been considering coming out to a very longtime dear friend that I have known for 30 years. She and my wife have hot it off and get along outstanding. She's a fan of gay men and has experimented with another woman. I think that she'll be open to my discussion. I'd love to have an ally that I could talk to and not feel uncomfortable around. I'd love to have someone that I could go out with. And also someone who my wife could talk to about the feelings she has. Hope that it could allow my wife to be accepting.

Persephone
04-14-2010, 01:47 AM
It sounds like you can have a wonderful month, Lisa! But I do have to ask, are your decisions to go out and to involve your friend, who is also a friend of your wife's, within the agreement that you have with your wife?

LisaKarenAZ
04-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Going out with my friend is still something I have only thought about. Because of the possible ramifications, I will likely avoid it, until my wife and I can discuss it. I still am planning on coming out to her, though. I'll have to feel the situation out first to see what her reaction could be.

CharleneT
04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I would start that discussion with your wife, about the friend, long before they head out on the summer trip. Just saying ... even it is innocent, it may not look that way to others.

Kathi Lake
04-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Lisa, sure sounds like fun. I do echo what others here have said about involving your wife. Also, I have one word of advice about the acrylics. Do not have your nail tech rough up your nails. It will make them weaker if she does and will make the acrylics easier to remove. Also, make sure the nail tech (or you, if you choose to do it) soaks your nails for quite awhile before removing them. I was a little rushed last time I took mine off, and I damaged the nail. Six months later and it's still looking a little ugly.

Kathi