PDA

View Full Version : Help a young one

shy_gal42
08-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi
I'm Jay, an 18 year old male from Oklahoma. I'm not out on my own yet, and due to financial situations, I probably won't be any time soon. I've always wanted to be at least part girl, and now that I'm 18 I feel I should do something about it. The only problem is I still have to be inconspicuous about it since I'm still living at home. Plus, again, due to financial situations, I don't have much money to spend on pills and creams. The main things I am trying to do is just increase my estrogen and grow breasts. Are there any home remedies I could try to make this possible at a low cost? Thanks

Julie
08-26-2005, 07:39 PM
"Home remedies", IMHO, are just snake oil. Breast creams, potions, whatever you see touted in magazines or on TV are rip offs. If they really worked like they say the manufacturers wouldn't have to advertise at all. The stuff would sell like hotcakes. So save your money and do it the right way.

Therapy
HRT w/ a doctor's guidance
Read books and articles
Talk to other TSs
Educate yourself! The more you know the less chance of making a mistake.
Find a group in your area that can help you. If you look hard enough, you'll most likely find one. There will probably be no fee or dues so being short on money is no problem. You'll get a lot of help and support as well as direction on what to do next.

Keep us informed.

ChristineRenee
08-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Jay...what Julie said...you listen to her. I have been on HRT for going on 2 years now...but then I'm 53 not 18. There is no shortcut, "inexpensive" solution, or quick fix. Best thing to do is to educate yourself on all of this. You are very young...I don't say that as a slam...just a fact. This is serious business...the "major leagues" of THIS activity anyway. Risks are present...results are permanent...so you better make damn sure that this is something you really want for yourself...as in many respects...this is the precursor to fully transitioning. Are you TS...or even TG? Do you even know? Lots of questions that you have to ask yourself...to look and feel deep within to fully answer...and honestly!

Not trying to steer you away necessarily...just trying to make you fully realize what it is that you are contemplating to undertake here.

Take it from Julie and me...and some others on this forum...we have already been there!

kazeparker
08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm an 18 year old TG who decided not to transition, for a couple of reasons. First, the money is definitely a problem, and if I were to do anything about it, it'd have to be all the way. Plus, this is one of those times in my life where I'm sure there's a lot of social transition I'll have to endure, like 4 years of college which I just began and searching the job market after that. And given that transition in any small part would still require a lot of time and it'd be no walk in the park, during and after any procedure.

I think it's important to look into therapy and doctor's opinions if you want to transition, either partially or fully (and I believe therapy is required for a few months as well). It's important to note that you have to give evidence that you want to be a girl and can't just tell a doctor you want hormones and expect to get them, and if you tell the doctor that you "just want breasts" the request will probably be dismissed.

Remember, you need lots of time... time to think and research, time for doctor's visits and therapy and doctor's recommendations, and then you have to realize that things will no doubt change in how the world reacts to you. Lots of stuff to think about.