PDA

View Full Version : Flip Flops

Magickman
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
My neighbor is an older retired lady, who is usually rather critical of my shoes and clothing.

This week, though, she did quite a flip flop.

She saw me outside, and without any encouragement, said, " I like your skirt. Where did you get it?"

Then she added, " I liked your nails better when they were red."

Staci G
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Now thats mighty neighborly of her wasn't it. I love being complemented on the little things like nails or a pair of shoes, I got that just the other day I had on a pair of white flip flops with rinestones and my toes were pink the lady said that was cute together. :D kinda makes you smile.

Karren H
04-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Its amazing that those with degrading eye sight and dementia are our best friends! Lol. After having to reintroduce myself to my MIL almost every night... I've decided I'm not ever going to get that old.. Sigh...

eileendover
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I've decided I'm not ever going to get that old.. Sigh...

Karren, you know you're really getting that old when you start repeating what you said just hours ago.
Another hint is when you start repeating what you said just hours ago.

Nicole Erin
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Its amazing that those with degrading eye sight and dementia are our best friends! Lol. After having to reintroduce myself to my MIL almost every night... I've decided I'm not ever going to get that old.. Sigh...

Well they been around long enough to know there is a huge variety of people.

And Karren, you are going to have to start cancelling your birthdays, but keep in mind that there will be no cake, presents, or stupid greeting cards.

Are you ready to make that sacrafice? You will not get older, but no presents either